Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Old 10-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Somehow that picture of her with all the bags is sexier than the purposefully sexy shot in episode 8. I might have a thing for crazy women.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

You and me both, buddy.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just went VIP the other day and I'm catching up!

I used to have a lot of shit laying around. At one point I had moved 3 times in one year. The last time I moved I was like "WTF am I carrying all this stuff around for?" So I hatched a plan..

I packed everything I owned into cardboard boxes and I didn't label anything. When I moved into the new apt I didn't unpack much of anything. 6 months later the boxes still sat there, unopened. I thought, "If I don't even know what's in here then it must not be that important." Without even opening the boxes to see what was in there, I just threw everything out. I don't know what I got rid of and honestly, I don't really care. If I needed it I would have been looking for it.

Another thing I did was hang all the clothes up in the closet but hung then hangers backwards. When I wore something I would turn the hanger back the right way. After about 9 months (long enough for the seasons to change) I took everything that still had backwards hangers and donated it. I obviously didn't ever wear it..

This was a few years ago. I'm now at the point where I own very little and try to keep it that way. Before I buy anything I ask myself 2 questions:
1. Do I NEED this?
2. Am I going to want to pack this when I move?

The answer to both is usually "no" so I don't buy it.

About 5 months ago I moved from Philly to Chicago and packed all of my possessions in 2 backpacks. That's it.

I still don't think I'm at the McNally level of minimalism but I try..
Old 05-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

So glad I became a VIP - I’m addicted to your amazing interviews Chemda!

Great ep -
My dad died over a year ago and I’m still clearing out his house. He was definitely a hoarder and nothing I could say or do seemed to help him when he was alive.

I spent whole weekends (for several months) organising his home, taking loads of bank receipts (and other seemingly inexplicable junk) from the 1970s to the tip...and he’d just fill the space in a few months. It was so disheartening.

I’m sad that he lived like that for so long, and when he died I was surprised to find things I didn’t even know about (like twelve identical, unopened bottles of vinegar in the kitchen shelves). It’s such a stubborn, frustrating affliction.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great episode and so funny/scary to hear how many times Chemda gasps hearing the similarities between her and Rachel. I think I could become a hoarder very easily. My Dad passed away last year and I'm scared to throw away anything of his, even if I don't need it and it doesn't have real sentimental value. Eg. a breadmaker he used a fair bit is in my possession but I don't need it, we've got a thermomix that makes our bread. So I decided to "get rid of it" today which involved putting it in the garage.

I also have his beloved 12 string Guild acoustic guitar that he played nearly every night of his life earning his living for his family. It was always a big deal when you got to hold it because my Dad was very protective of it and for good cause, if we broke it we would be breaking his tool to make money.
Now that I have it, I am scared to even open the case. I've also got an old PA system he used that is in the shed because I've no room to have it set up in our house anymore. Plus, he had a newer PA that will probably go to me... I don't want to sell any of this stuff because it was his. Blah!!!

Anyhoo, loved the episode and Chemda you are the voice in all our heads with the balls to go ahead and ask that burning question. Kudos to you!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
I also have his beloved 12 string Guild acoustic guitar that he played nearly every night of his life earning his living for his family. It was always a big deal when you got to hold it because my Dad was very protective of it and for good cause, if we broke it we would be breaking his tool to make money. Now that I have it, I am scared to even open the case. I've also got an old PA system he used that is in the shed because I've no room to have it set up in our house anymore. Plus, he had a newer PA that will probably go to me... I don't want to sell any of this stuff because it was his. Blah!!!
Holding onto your old man's gat is waaaay understandable though, especially since he literally earned his living to support you guys with it. Sentimentality doesn't get much more legit than that. You should never feel any doubt or hoarder guilt about that even if you never play it.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Holding onto your old man's gat is waaaay understandable though, especially since he literally earned his living to support you guys with it. Sentimentality doesn't get much more legit than that. You should never feel any doubt or hoarder guilt about that even if you never play it.
I don't have guilt about holding onto that, its more... a petrified state that if I damage it or something. I feel that I need to get that guitar back on stage doing what it is made to do, be played. But that should be me or my brothers & sister, nobody will ever get this guitar away from me.