Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By kevinquinn
  • 3 Post By craigdw

Old 11-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

193: The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do the Time Warp Again DVD (?) Commentary

Danny watches a movie while he's supposed to be doing a podcast.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Excited to hear this - I don't do banks & just purchased a prepaid visa so I could sign up using the free gift code generously provided by sarahtomandjill. So basically I want this episode so much I spent $5 - Danny should release commentary tracks online ala Carolla.
dannyhatch and Rosa like this.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I thought this episode was really great, even without watching the movie along with you. You know I love when you try new, weird things. I will watch it again, though, with the movie this time, to get the full experience. It would be hilarious if someone made an animation of what they imagine is happening onscreen based on your narration. You're always funny, Danny. Thanks for the laughs.

Oh, and the promo for this episode should win a KATGA for best promo ever. It has a surreal, art-house quality to it.
dannyhatch, kevinquinn and Rosa like this.

Last edited by craigdw; 11-05-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Specific Unknown

I listened to this episode only, setting in a dull office cubical at work. Only hearing Danny and his comments or the silence between them. So comments like "All these songs could easily be 2 minutes shorter, Oh God another Song, This movie is making me hate the guitar. Made me feel his pain, and shock / sadness of when he split a little beer.
Perhaps the best quote is "You can flip over to something else and I'll tell you when to flip back." This was just before the rape parts. Oddly enough he does tell you when to return, prior to the movie ending.

If you are open to listener suggestions. When the solo shows come up, have a guest on. You seem more comfortable with someone on with you, the just you and Myka talking on her show was great. If that is not enough put a subject to it. Like have Molly K. on and talk about how you both found The Hold Steady and go from there. - just thought, ignore if you like