Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you okay?
Yes 467 80.94%
No 110 19.06%
Voters: 577. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:26 AM   #101 (permalink)

Unfortunately guys Poley is real. But i like you guys thinking. If we say Poley's not realy maybe she'll go away and stop ringing me.

Remember what you said about me Poley. "She only talks via the internet"
Maybe thats why i'm not picking up. Let's sort this out on here. It is the internet after all, where i only talk. Can't do it on the phone, i only do internet.
(Offline)  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #102 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'm okay. I slowly went through all the stages of grief over the weekend. Reading comments on the forum and re-listening to Friday's show the other day really helped.
(Offline)  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #103 (permalink)

HEY!

So I am listening to this episode again, so the wife can hear it.....

What exactly happened to the first book editor? Was that just a haha moment, or was this actually an encounter of some kind?

Dammit, I will never know if they are jerking us around ever again...

Aaaaargh!
(Offline)  
Old 06-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #104 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

An add i feel like i have to make.

When Chemda said how the good letters by supporters made her realize they were doing a good thing, i got a bit choked up. Damn.

Real Men have no emotion, but that heartfelt tone she has always makes me feel all weird inside. Damn you, Chemda! Damn youuuu!

Ok asshats. Get back to the asshatting.
(Offline)  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #105 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
"I don't owe you anything. My life is more important than your entertainment."
I really don't think it has anything to do with entertainment.

Being as accessible to the listeners as you are, it is very easy to imagine a friendship with you two. That's one reason people have so much fun with you online and in person, that's one reason people feel comfortable sharing so much detail about their lives with you, and that's why listeners even show up at your house (as inappropriate as that is). So as worried as you were about how your real friends would feel lied to for the past year, that's how some people feel.

I'm not saying it's valid, but the anger may not always be coming from a place of selfishness and entitlement.
(Offline)  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #106 (permalink)

Wow, what a great show, it really put things in perspective. Not that I was mad at Keith and Chemda or anything, but now I'm just over the whole break up. I think you really summed it all up perfectly, plus it was just another good show. It's actually amazing that you made it through all this and the show is still running smoothly, only in America...

On a side note, who's this skinnyevilcunt? Provided she's not a child I'm pretty sure we're destined to be together. Could you guys make that happen for me? Thanks
(Offline)  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #107 (permalink)

Maybe people would be taking things better if you had played the 1-10 game first and fake broken up over that. They seem to really enjoy those fights.
(Offline)  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oie View Post
No matter what anyone says, I thought that my message was really poignant. I think that Keith really drove home the point to all the haters when he explicitly said that he doesn't owe them SHITE. Much agreed.

And fuck what Mcnally said about the shit story not being about true love. Fuck that noise. There are only two women in a man's life that are willing to deal with cleaning up his stinking turds without getting paid: His mother, and the love of his life. The moment I meet a girl who's willing to clean me up after I've shat myself is the moment I know that I'm fucking proposing. This is a woman who will fucking accept me shit stains and all.
It might have been. Had you not been on crack when writing it. Seriously, how does one person make so many spelling mistakes in one post and actually be understandable in another?

Lay off the crack and keep posting, but no more messages like that. It hurt my brain to hear it AND read it. I might have even had a minor stroke while trying to decipher it.
(Offline)  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #109 (permalink)

When my parents broke up I went on anti-depressents and went into therapy (planning my wedding at the same time)

when I heard about this break up, I was a little sad, and I feel for them, but I'm not going back into therapy over it.
(Offline)  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #110 (permalink)

I think it’s a shame that some listeners have reacted badly to the news that Keith and Chemda have broken up. I can of course see as to why they would (that’s not to say i agree with it). I just feel there are little bit too involved. There were two people in the relationship – Keith and Chemda. Not Keith & Chemda and you the listener(s). It’s called the Keith and The Girl Show after all. There’s Keith. There’s The Girl, Chemda. There’s the show. What more do you want?

I think people should maybe see that it was a privilege and not a right, that Keith and Chemda let us into their relationship, their lives and things that go on. They didn’t have to. Most listen to the show. That’s just an hour or so of their life. Other’s maybe take a more active role, if they can, going to meet up’s and events. Which may give them a bit more time into Keith and Chemda’s life, but you still have no right to be so personally hurt.

All those going on about saying they have been lied to. Like you haven’t told a lie before? If you haven’t, that’s a lie right there.

I guess maybe i don’t understand because i haven’t been in a deep relationship before, but Keith and The Girl mean so much more to me than their relationship. Together, not together, Keith and Chemda individually and together, as the show, have helped me a lot. They were there for me (in a way) when no one else was, and what i heard from them during my to-do helped more than family could have helped, and means so much to me. I don’t care that they weren’t together for a year and half, wouldn’t give a shit if they were never ever together. They still do the show and it still fucking works. What more do you want?

And as for the book, they deserve everything they got from that. Money, sales, the whole lot. They had a relationship, a long relationship. It was real and valid at the time, which is a lot more than some people who write books have.

So what if they didn’t say anything for a year and a half. Where just listeners! Since when was it our right to know everything about their lives. If you don’t like it don’t listen. The show is free and like Keith said "I don't owe you anything. My life is more important than your entertainment."
(Offline)  
Closed Thread