Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Chemda be the one to give her daughter her first sex toy?
Yes. 12 15.79%
No; Aunt Emmy should be the one. 29 38.16%
Huh? Chemda should stay out of it! 35 46.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree71Likes

Old 12-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #101 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I have no clue where you get the idea that the generation gap is getting smaller? Unless that is a USA specific statistic (and I really hope that the teen pregnancy rate is not that horrible yet
I feel like it is that horrible.

You have teens having kids cuz the parents don't give a shit and religious conservatives who fight against abortion and birth control.

It's a real lose-lose situation in America. We're so over-sexed in this country and yet totally weird about sex, at the same time!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #102 (permalink)

I didn't even get to see what you fucking posted. This was the closest I got:

Watch out, or I'll ask quaddo to hack your fleshlight so next time you're having a wank, it bites your dick off.
JSZilla and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #103 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I completely agree that parents should be your parents not your friends but I have no clue where you get the idea that the generation gap is getting smaller? Unless that is a USA specific statistic (and I really hope that the teen pregnancy rate is not that horrible yet) people are getting married and having babies later in life than ever before in history.
Not only that also the gap between generally more conservative old and more liberal young people has been getting more pronounced. Yes some of us 30 something's feel like we never really grew up but I am pretty sure a normal teenager thinks I am a boring old dinosaur with no clue what is hip.
Simple. I was born in 1978. Back then, most of my friends parents as well as mine were in their 30s and our grandparents in our 60s. Today you will find grandmothers are in their 30s with their kids and then the grandbabies. People are often surprised when I tell them my grandparents are in the 80s and get asked how they are even still alive - its like unfathomable to some people.

The amount of years between generations has in fact shifted and as a person who cannot have kids, you tend to observe those with kids....which believe me is EVEYRONE at this point and they are all younger than me lol. Wrote a couple of papers about the topic (can our country be sustainable with a decreasing generational gap) in the past few years so I wasn't just pulling it out my ass. Perhaps it is something many people overlook because fertility is not an issue but believe me, I can count on one hand the people I know who have been pregnant recently (at least the past 5 yrs if not more) that were over the age of 30. I have had only 3 friends have kids while my husband's had 1 sibling and 10 cousins pop out at least 19 babies in the same span. I shit you not, 1 aunt has 3 girls with a total of 7 kids and they are all younger than me. If the oldest is now 30 and her mother (the grandmother) is now 52 and there is a 9 yo old grandbaby, you can see the gap averages around 18-21 years or so. The generational gap used to average 30 years....now its in the twenties with a slight increase as you said to older folks having kids and ART, but still much shorter than it used to be.

"The generation interval of a particular family depends on the age of the parents when the first child is born. At the present time there are a lot of unplanned teenage pregnancies on the one hand, and on the other married couples often wait until their late twenties or thirties before starting a family."

"The generation interval for a family is defined as the average age of the parents when the children were born. This is worked out for each parent separately and the mean is then taken of these two figures. The average generation interval is usually about 30 years."

http://=http://www.genetic-genealogy...115570142.html

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nv...01.pdf#table02

just an example, but you can GTS as Lauren would say!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #104 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
just an example, but you can GTS as Lauren would say!
Thanks for that I think it's a super interesting topic and I did a quick wiki check before I posted (because I'm scared of looking stupid) but obviously I mainly thought about age at first birth and didn't even worry about averaging intervals and stuff.
Generation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In developed nations the average familial generation length is in the high 20s and has even reached 30 years in some nations.[4] Factors such as greater industrialisation and demand for cheap female labour, urbanisation, delayed first pregnancy and a greater uncertainty in relationship stability have all contributed to the increase of the generation length from the late 18th century to the present.

Also your teenager pregnancy problem does seem to be way worse than I thought so you just get a low average age of first mothers in the US.
http://www.oecd.org/social/family/SF...d%20240212.pdf
Avg age of women at first birth USA: ~25, OECD avg: ~28, big western European countries avg ~30