Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you smarter than a stick of butter?
Yes 108 75.52%
Parkay 35 24.48%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree384Likes

Old 11-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

2089: Goodbye Forever Patty

This episode focuses on KATG’s problems with comedian Pat Dixon and his role as a sexual predator, including his animosity toward the show and specific details of his indiscretions.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
WittyReference likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I can't listen to this now or I'll oversleep in the morning. Something tells me the early part of tomorrow's work day is going to be all kinds of lolworthy.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

I can't wait to see what the ratings for this show are.
Keith, 89vision, blu and 9 others like this.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I just finished listening.

I feel sick to my stomach...

...for any woman who has gone through this.
Keith, 89vision, Newsy and 4 others like this.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Chemda's tone of voice with all the sadness and frustration hit me really hard. man.

Last edited by Tomrl94; 11-16-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

I had to create a new account because i haven't posted on the forums for so long & no longer use the email associated with the password. That gives you some idea of how motivated i was to write this.

I hadn't mentioned this before because Pat is funny and a popular guest, and because i no doubt would have been shouted down for being humourless or not taking a joke. But i have *always* had problems with him on this show, in regards to his sexism and how he talks about women. Most of his episodes i couldn't even sit through, because i would get so angry. A lot of comics do this, but usually you can tell by the way they speak about women the rest of the time that it is mostly just for humour. Not with him. Obviously on its own that is no proof of anything, but let's just say none of these stories surprised me in the least.

And i'd like to congrat Keith and Chemda for taking a stand, this is the only way changes will happen.
Keith, The Girl, scotticus and 7 others like this.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

You're good people, Chemda.

You're doing the right thing, for the right reasons, despite the personal and professional repercussions.

Thank you -- from the bottom of my heart -- for being who you are.

P.S. I want "W.W.C.D.?" bracelets... for when I'm not sure of the right thing to do or when I'm not sure how to do it. That's when I'll ask myself, "What Would Chemda Do?"

Deal with drunk girl on the train? WWCD? Yep... I'll help drunk girl on the train.
Stand up for what's right, even though it hurts like hell? WWCD? Yep... I'll stand up for what's right, despite the hurt... Chemda would.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

This is only my second post, so apologies in advance should my newness offends, but....

This stupid incident and the way is degenerating into a 'he said-he said' thing with a serious accusation... I agree with the letter you received Maley, petitioning to deal with all this in private versus utilizing your audience (me) to leverage your position.

What? Am I now gonna be accused of being on Pat's side too? This "If 'you're not with me, that means you're automatically against me"-approach has to stop with the both of you (yes, I'm talking to you too Chemda). You're both not 13 year-old girls named Heather.

Gotcha!!! OF COURSE I'M KATG-team ALL THE WAY, and can't stand that white misogynistic pig. He brought all this to himself.

So, putting the 'sex offender' part aside for a moment Maley, Pat's recollection of the incident was very well put (yeap, he got me too for a bit). You replied that wasn't how things went and that you were painted as bullies by him that night, but you didn't give your version of the incident.... Can you at least give us a short recount of what truly happened? (and yes, I heard the show all week and I don't think focusing on tamarind-flavored drink should count as your side of the story)

Gracias,
Su fan número 1 mexicano
Scumhook likes this.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I don't get how people have listened to KATG for years but think that this is out of character for the show. How many times have they stood firm on popular celebs who have fucked up personal lives? Cosby, Woody Allen, Michael Jackson, Michael Vick, Dane Cook... other than Ben Roethlisberger I can't think of anyone the show gives a pass to when it comes to discussing bad behavior.

Why would Pat be different? Seems like it would make KATG hypocrites if they did give Pat a pass b/c they know him while ranting against how Hollywood ignores Roman Polanski or Woody Allen's transgressions.

I'm not saying Pat is the exact same as those celebs who've committed serious crimes but if he suddenly got a pass from KATG just because he's a guest on the show that'd be pretty fucked up.

I applaud the consistency for the show and the hosts b/c it is extremely hard to take a stand against someone who's popular in the same community you field most of your guests from. Especially when others are happy to let him operate with no objections b/c they don't want to make waves in such a tight knit community.

Who knows which comics won't want to do the show any more after this. There might be women who were victimized who actually don't feel comfortable with KATG any more after this. It's very risky for KATG to cover this and put it out for the world to hear.

There aren't magical podcast ratings where you're rewarded for discussing your beef with a former guest of the show. There really is no upside for an episode like this other than clearing the air and putting the truth out there. It's this sort of thing that builds such a strong relationship with the audience and KATG will never be rivaled in that.

This was extremely person but I'm glad they discussed it and didn't just drop it b/c things got awkward with Pat and comics defending him.

Sidenote: Comedians get all these props as brave truth tellers when it comes to everything except calling out other comics. Whether it's for stealing their material, bumping them at shows, creepy behavior off the stage or just being an over all shitty terrible comic.

Sure they'll call out society's hypocrisy on any topic... except another comedian.
Keith, crazyrob, skitzot and 7 others like this.

Last edited by rodimusprime; 11-16-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

An Apology to Keith and Chemda

There's a million things I'd like to write on the topic of Pat Dixon, but I'm going to keep it as short as possible.

I'm sorry to both Keith and Chemda for being so selfish and posting such a foolish question as, "Well, can't I be fans of BOTH?" In retrospect I see how fucking dumb, (and hurtful) a post like that was. So let me be clear; I apologize.

I would like to point out why I posted such a seemingly anti-KATG post. I wish I could say the following will make me look better. It won't.

See, I've been a big fan of Pat Dixon ever since I heard him on your show back in 2009. I then started listening to his NYC Crime Report podcast. I love stand up comedy. I thought Pat was one of the best. In fact, (and I've posted this elsewhere on forum) part of my big "New York City plans" after going to KATG Week this year, is to finally, FINALLY go see Pat Dixon live! In the big city. It's all I've thought about. "I'll definitely get to see him at Creek and the Cave, but maybe even that new spot: The Stand!"

That's all done and finished now. There will be no Pat Dixon shows. There will be no Pat Dixon signature on any Pat Dixon merch. When this was first realized; I blamed Keith and I blamed Chemda. "Can't I like BOTH?!" This was both selfish and rude. "No!" I thought. Just call it a bar incident! Just make it go away. Go back to the KATG time where Pat is a regular and everyone's KATG friendly family...

It took awhile of thinking about it. Reading everyone's posts. Listening to Chemda and Keith talk about the history of just odd and disrespectful behavior. I don't know what happened to the Pat Dixon who was 100% on and ready to rock as a guest. The one that did a "Donate to KATG announcement." I don't know and at this point I don't care.

It's sad. It's shocking. It's all on Pat Dixon. The End.
Newsy, spkheller and ImStillToni like this.