Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Like Chemda, did you begin a special stay-at-home schedule because of COVID-19?
Yes 16 29.63%
No 38 70.37%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree52Likes

Old 03-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

thank you thank you thank you #nurses
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Re: the poll

No, but I wish I did. It would probably help alot. Listlessness and lack of drive are killing my spirits. Gonna hit up that unemployment tomorrow.
Joining the masses in using a ton on vid chat apps and it's been helping. I'm a shy extrovert but still an extrovert, so being away from people I like for so long is killing me
Old 03-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Im strangely happy with just seeing my family and only talking to other people on the phone/ the Internet and only be at home or in nature.

I’m very surprised by that.
Maybe I don’t need more people? Is this good? Or very bad?
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I was mostly working from home before all this went down, then afterwards went pretty quickly from 3-4 days per week to 5. Now I'm about to get a whole bunch of additional time as I got furloughed this week. I actually enjoy a bit of social distancing, but this is about to get pretty tiresome, I expect.

What are the odds anyone is hiring? (In THIS economy?!)
The Girl and FingerLakes like this.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm a pretty serious introvert, so when I'm at work I'm locked in my office as much as possible. This isn't really different, but now I'm struggling with turning Work off and going Home.

Also, all the little freedoms we take for granted.

Hey, let's go have teriyaki. Or not.

Hey, let's go to Home Depot. Or not.

Rinse and repeat.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscean View Post
I'm a pretty serious introvert, so when I'm at work I'm locked in my office as much as possible. This isn't really different, but now I'm struggling with turning Work off and going Home.

Also, all the little freedoms we take for granted.

Hey, let's go have teriyaki. Or not.

Hey, let's go to Home Depot. Or not.

Rinse and repeat.
Yeah, when I first began working from home a lot, it was difficult to draw the line and switch off when the 'work day' was over. You don't have people getting up and going home to remind you to do the same. Ditto for going to lunch, taking a break, whatever.

All I can suggest is that you set regular reminders and stick closely to them, and work yourself into a routine. Get a routine of checking in with your friends, and your coworkers, to make sure people are doing okay and are not getting stuck in the grind. Eventually it'll become second nature to you. Stuff like the Pomodoro Technique (25 minutes 'on', 5 minutes 'off') is good for getting a work rhythm going, and making sure you reward yourself for getting shit done.

It can also help to start winding down near the end of the day, so you don't get caught up in something that carries you over (way over) the finish time.
The Girl likes this.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:30 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ Why View Post
Being home has been heaven. Obviously, other than the death... I'm lucky to have a job where the transition to work from home was easy and it's basically business as usual.
This is me also. Already getting pressure to return to the office though - real estate lobbying group very proud of their success in getting us listed as essential. I work with an eccentric agent who thinks Lysol air freshener is the magic bullet and is still making daily calls comparing virus casualty stats with car deaths.

Congrats on being tech pioneers again - nobody else makes Zoom work as seamless as you - impossible to tell in this episode that you're not in the same room.