Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-16-2006, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

326: Chavs are Bollocks, Innit?

"When you need to urinate, do it in this or you will die."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up

matt listens to rilo kiley ?! <3
Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

these look good for the chav theme

Cecimoz Flash Animations :: The Chavs - In Me Burberry
http://cecimoz.co.uk/portal.php?page=7

now i'm looking forward to work, lol
Old 08-16-2006, 01:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
tga

It has to be said, I am waiting for this to download and I am excited by the title alone.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

So am I.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Mom had the same thing about doing all she could to save money, even though we didn't have to. I was going to say it was something consistant with first-generation immigrants, but considering Keith's parents also did it, that kind of makes the reasoning void.

Anyway, the main thing would be that bread would be bought in bulk, so it would be no suprise to see Mom coming home with ten loaves of bread. That and I was repeatidly told that the date on the pack does not say expiry, but it's the best before.

Another thing that, and something that has stuck with me, was never buying meat, fruit, or vegetables individually. In regards to the fruit and vegetables, when they were bought it was generally about the five or ten kilogram (roughly the 10 or 20 lb) bags. This was most common with oranges, apples, carrots, and especially potatoes, with the latter being the staple of almost every meal. There was always cabbage in the fridge.

With the meat, there was rarely a time when it was bought in individual cuts. Every chicken that was bought was cut into cuts at home, and the main thing would be to make soup out of it (rosol for you Polish folk), and then eat the meat later. The same was for every other type of meat. When we did have something else, like fried meat, it would be cut from the main hunk of meat. I'd say on average there would be about thirty pounds of meat in the fridge at one time.

A consistant thing with meats would be that pretty much all of them would have a "special" sticker on them, or something that would say "reduced price". This was most evident when we would get something nice, like cookies, candy bars or whatnot, as they would have the big stickers on them.

McDonalds and fast food in particular was a treat that was had very rarely, and it would usually be in regards to some sort of achivement. In the twenty of so years my parents have lived here in Australia, they also have never done something like get a pizza delivered, as it was considered a waste of money, and my Mom would do like what Chemda's Mom would do and go on about what you could get for that kind of money.

To be honest the buying things on special part hasn't really stuck with me, as I'm not as money wise as my parents, but she did do well in teaching me how to cook, as now I can cook very well, and not just Polish foods. The main thing after moving out was just being able to experience a whole lot of different foods, and stuff that isn't so generic, at least to me.

That said, I'm not complaining, as my parents always made sure we were fed, and while there might not have been a lot of variety, there always was well-made food.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Low

If England can look past ''tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty'' you can get over ''holiday'' and ''lift.''
Old 08-16-2006, 03:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
My Mom had the same thing about doing all she could to save money, even though we didn't have to. I was going to say it was something consistant with first-generation immigrants, but considering Keith's parents also did it, that kind of makes the reasoning void.
If I go round to my serioso's mums, i get, "Do you eat ____?", which is followed by being given a ton of whatever it was. I've learnt to say no all the time otherwise I end up with a ton of stuff i don't really want.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Sure....I always carry around paper towels. Then if I see someone get shit thrown at them and I can clean it off ...cuz thats the kind of person I am.....right.
That guy should have realized that something was up when suddenly all these people just come out of no where..w/ towels, just ready to get the fecal matter off him for no apparent reason. They were just luckily armed with paper towels and willing to touch crap out of the goodness of their hearts . Perhaps they were a team of shit avenging superheros...not people making your 'shitty' situation shitter....
(btw, i dont think Ive ever written the word "shit" and all its variations so much in my life....shittyshittyshitshit!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 03:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r
If I go round to my serioso's mums, i get, "Do you eat ____?", which is followed by being given a ton of whatever it was. I've learnt to say no all the time otherwise I end up with a ton of stuff i don't really want.
Luckily with most girlfriends I was able to handle that, considering what I had been brought up on prepared me for most things. But yeah, I do know what you mean. Sometimes you have to just be frank about some things.

With my old girlfriend that did happen once when she came to meet the parents. Let's just say boiled tripe in soup isn't everyone's idea of good food.