Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you cry in the last 24 hours?
Yes 21 35.00%
No 39 65.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree171Likes

Old 09-06-2020, 11:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesikat View Post
Yes it IS too sweet. But people drink it AND they like to drink it how it comes.
Gatorade is for after an extreme work out, to replenish lost salt, sugar and water when regular water would not help hydrate you. It should not be drank regularly.

Juice in the great USA IS sugar water. Yes SUGAR water. NOT real juice. No mater what the label says unless you see it made fresh it is put through a process to eliminate bacteria similar to milk. But with juice (yes all juice) it eliminates the flavor. It comes out colored water so they juice companies got a waiver from the FDA to add "natural flavor" and "natural sugar" to get back to juice taste AND they can do so with out disclosing it and say it's 100% juice even "Fresh".

Ever notice how each brand of juice in the US tastes the same every time?
I bet you could pick the brand in a blind taste test! They have their own formula to get that taste. Artificial flavors and added refined beat sugar as well as some added nutrients.

Truly natural juice would taste different every time. When was the last time you ate two of any fruit and they tasted just the same?

Juice is not good for you.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:35 AM   #32 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

<3

I felt for Kyle so much during this episode > my mami barely had a mami & my abuelo was on the cold side with her and of course the universe gave her a super “emotional bebe”...

Kyle you are years ahead and way more present/aware/empathetic etc than my mami was... we had a super loud and super Puertorican breakthru last year but it was YEARS of built up shit even with her being a somewhat “woke” mom over the years....

This too shall pass, hold on to your babies with an open but strong connection... also Keith once you see them as your kids vs “step kids” << as a many times over step kid >> once they are YOUR kids then you step in as a parent, till then <respectfully> you are a side line player which is super easy for you and the kids, for now......

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #33 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

PS: I had a rowing coach that used to water down our Gatorade. I don't even really like it, but watered down is truly vile.

While Gatorade isn't made for regular consumption, neither is added sugar in general, and it's what cancels out the nasty salty taste.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
And at least get a door stop. C’mon!
Much easier than installing a lock.
https://www.amazon.com/JQK-Stopper-S...73/ref=sr_1_23
Keith and FingerLakes like this.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:16 AM   #35 (permalink)

Kudos to Kyle for being there and trying so hard with her daughter. When I was a depressed teenager my parents' solution was to yell and lecture at me. Eventually they sent me to a shrink, but it didn't help.
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 3 others like this.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #36 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

As a (slightly, what's a decade?) older Maya who had to navigate the mental illness world alone, I'm glad Maya has Kyle as her mom. It's amazing what a supportive parent can do in this type of situation. And stepdad Kieth must help too, I'm sure. It's a team effort to raise a good kid.
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 3 others like this.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Fermented stuff...I've got this one down...
Scorpion likes this.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
As a (slightly, what's a decade?) older Maya who had to navigate the mental illness world alone, I'm glad Maya has Kyle as her mom. It's amazing what a supportive parent can do in this type of situation. And stepdad Kieth must help too, I'm sure. It's a team effort to raise a good kid.
I’ll think on it. So far she owes me $4 and I don’t think she wrote it down.
Scorpion likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:05 AM   #39 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I’ll think on it. So far she owes me $4 and I don’t think she wrote it down.
I'm happy to cover this one time debt for her. Us Mayas need to stick together.
Keith, Scorpion and Mado like this.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Mumming

Well my mumming was made harder on Tuesday after I found out my daughter had watched that suicide video on Instagram that is doing the rounds. In a normal world that wasn’t some sort of facist media hellscape that video would’nt be circulating.
Keith, Scorpion and shoebootie like this.