Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who made the most sense?
Keith 35 64.81%
Chemda 13 24.07%
JFOD 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree225Likes

Old 11-16-2020, 05:46 AM   #41 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Short update about it:

The first look on the Pfizer/ Biontech vaccine looks really good.
Better than expected. It’s still not approved because it’s too early. We need to wait for more results.

And that is because it would be unethical to give one group placebo, one group the vaccine and than expose them to Corona.

So the participants just live their life and some get infected.
That’s why it’s slow. A totalitarian system would just expose everyone to Corona and see the deaths of the people from the control group as collateral damage.

Biontech is a company from our region here ( 25 minutes from me) so people are excited. Plus, the founders are a married couple of scientists who are both children of Turkish immigrants. That’s pretty cool, because we also have anti immigration idiots here.
Absolutely unrelated, but I like to feel cool,

Özlem Türeci, the female founder studied at the same university as your pal Apia.

( she medicine, me law, so there is no connection but it feels good)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:36 AM   #42 (permalink)

I don't think there's enough DMT in the world to be able to understand that episode
Apia resurrected likes this.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:47 AM   #43 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

The Moderna vaccine candidate released some promising news as
well, but the analysis seems to be on a low number of patients from the trial.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54902908

"...The trial involved 30,000 people in the US with half being given two doses of the vaccine, four weeks apart. The rest had dummy injections.

The analysis was based on the first 95 to develop Covid-19 symptoms...."

Quote:
Short update about it:

The first look on the Pfizer/ Biontech vaccine looks really good.
Better than expected. It’s still not approved because it’s too early. We need to wait for more results.

And that is because it would be unethical to give one group placebo, one group the vaccine and than expose them to Corona.

So the participants just live their life and some get infected.
That’s why it’s slow. A totalitarian system would just expose everyone to Corona and see the deaths of the people from the control group as collateral damage.

Biontech is a company from our region here ( 25 minutes from me) so people are excited. Plus, the founders are a married couple of scientists who are both children of Turkish immigrants. That’s pretty cool, because we also have anti immigration idiots here.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #44 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The pfitzer one was without Trump money so thats good.
da_ticklah and Scorpion like this.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:54 AM   #45 (permalink)

They have a distribution deal but didn't take money beforehand.
da_ticklah and Scorpion like this.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #46 (permalink)

JFod: You guys should listen to Adam Curry. My friends. like him

Keith: Fuck him! He's a piece of shit!

JFod: Oh! I didn't know.

Kind of punches a whole in pretty much everything else he said.

Also he is clearly on the Covid plan where as long as his rules are followed nobody will get sick.

And he is great and never stop having him on.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:41 AM   #47 (permalink)

I'm about 45 minutes into this episode, and I haven't read the whole thread yet. And sorry to say, mental illness or not, I know people are out there spreading this BS. And as a scientist and a person who has had 2 close people die from this, and many others sick, I want to punch Jfod in the fucking face.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:42 AM   #48 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
You are 100% right.
When he started with doctors being incentivized for Covid deaths I got really mad.
DITTO! It's a gross, baseless theory that is a slap in the face to the healthcare workers struggling through this pandemic. And why do people pushing this theory never bring receipts? Oh right, because there aren't any; there's no financial incentive for doctors when people die of a certain thing. Do better, JFod!
Old 11-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #49 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

so did JFOD post the thing about checking on your unwell friends or was that just a workup to ask if he was in a manic state?
Old 11-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #50 (permalink)

Guys, why so serious? The word associations, the hyperactive, disorganized speech seamlessly and breathlessly jumping from topic to topic, the flurry of books Keith mentioned propping up his microphone. At one point he takes the word “own” literally when Keith asks him if he does word associations with his own words, saying it’s impossible for him to own a word. It seems like he’s having a manic episode. No point being upset with something beyond his control.

That all being said, not everything he said was bullshit. It just so happens there’s quite a bit of it mixed in. But then, conspiracy thinking is a symptom of mania. The last time he was on, he seemed to be in a clear headspace and talked about an old manic episode. This time, it seems he’s in the fucking think of it if my armchair psychiatry tracks (full disclosure, I’m not an expert). And no surprise, it’s an especially tough climate for a mental illness.

There’s something brilliant about him. The more I’m exposed to manic bipolars and schizophrenics, the more I think all the so-called prophets of old must’ve had it. Yes, there’s delusion, but there’s also a charisma and brilliant intelligence about them. It’s like unfocused brain power. Chaos with bright spots. I was hooked onto every word.

I hope he’s OK.