Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
motownguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: packin' boxes here, going there
Posts: 2,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by shep0081 View Post
Ok, this Chris is pro-child molester thing has to stop. Just because you want him to be unreasonably liberal does not mean he is. His point, if you listened, was that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and that gun toting justice is bullshit. You can't just kill people whenever you want, no matter what they do - people will live in fear and history proves that societies in which people live in fear do not work. People become violent and destructive themselves. The death penalty, when used effective and sparingly, is effective, but the key is to use it sparingly.

If anything was retarded, it is that you make Keith the bastion for your own beliefs and make Chris the enemy as the token liberal. If you listen closely, Keith and Chris are very good friends who meet in the middle on most things. Chris was trying not to get into a debate about it because, simply, it wasn't that funny to us. We're new parents who were confronted with thinking about child molesters for the first time as parents. Cut us some slack.

So stop it.

My First and Last Post (until someone pisses me off again).
Lori
I lol'd.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Grapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by shep0081 View Post
Ok, this Chris is pro-child molester thing has to stop. Just because you want him to be unreasonably liberal does not mean he is. His point, if you listened, was that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and that gun toting justice is bullshit. You can't just kill people whenever you want, no matter what they do - people will live in fear and history proves that societies in which people live in fear do not work. People become violent and destructive themselves. The death penalty is effective but the key is to use it sparingly.

If anything was retarded, it is that you make Keith the bastion for your own beliefs and make Chris the enemy as the token liberal. Keith and Chris are very good friends who meet in the middle on most things. Chris was trying not to get into a debate about it because, simply, it wasn't that funny to us. We're new parents who were confronted with thinking about child molesters for the first time as parents. Cut us some slack.

So stop it.

My First and Last Post (until someone pisses me off again).
Lori
I don't like you anymore.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Grapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
Haha, you guys got smacked down, mom-style. Awesome.
I'm not sure who died and made her queen bitch of the forums, but making your first post as "You guys need to stop posting about... blah blah blah", is quite the bold move. Because, frankly, as long as we are talking about the show in question, anything goes and we don't really have to stop shit.

SMACK DOWN FAIL!!!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by shep0081 View Post
Ok, this Chris is pro-child molester thing has to stop. Just because you want him to be unreasonably liberal does not mean he is. His point, if you listened, was that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and that gun toting justice is bullshit. You can't just kill people whenever you want, no matter what they do - people will live in fear and history proves that societies in which people live in fear do not work. People become violent and destructive themselves. The death penalty is effective but the key is to use it sparingly.

If anything was retarded, it is that you make Keith the bastion for your own beliefs and make Chris the enemy as the token liberal. Keith and Chris are very good friends who meet in the middle on most things. Chris was trying not to get into a debate about it because, simply, it wasn't that funny to us. We're new parents who were confronted with thinking about child molesters for the first time as parents. Cut us some slack.

So stop it.

My First and Last Post (until someone pisses me off again).
Lori
"Keith's Justice" pissed me off the moment I heard it, and it pisses me off every time Keith mentions it. Don't just assume that everyone on here blindly kowtows to Keith. I disagree with him on many, many things (his argument with Chemda about gays in the military made me FURIOUS).

And it was not Chris's views on Keith's Justice I had a problem with. I agree with him in that regard.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I remember it, Keith asked if Chris had any problem with child molesters being forced to put themselves on a list. Chris said he didn't like "labeling" people like that, and he believed people could be rehabilitated. I'm fairly liberal, and I found that to be bananas. Maybe I missed the part of the conversation where he took that back, but I'm pretty sure that's what was said. Based on personal observations and reading the observations of others, I vehemently disagree with the idea of not having child molesters make it exceedingly clear that they did what they did, and the same goes for the notion that they can, in any way, be rehabilitated.

If I misinterpreted, misheard, or inaccurately remember Chris's views, I sincerely apologize. I meant no personal offense, I was just expressing in an exaggerated internet fashion that I disagree with someone.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Patrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
I'm not sure who died and made her queen bitch of the forums, but making your first post as "You guys need to stop posting about... blah blah blah", is quite the bold move. Because, frankly, as long as we are talking about the show in question, anything goes and we don't really have to stop shit.

SMACK DOWN FAIL!!!!
Anything doesn't go. It isn't a matter of stop posting on the subject, but to have a bit of fucking respect when dealing with an actual person.

It may been Lori's first and last post but "Queen Bitch" doesn't fly with me. The internet is giving people a bit too much bravery lately.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Grapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
Anything doesn't go. It isn't a matter of stop posting on the subject, but to have a bit of fucking respect when dealing with an actual person.

It may been Lori's first and last post but "Queen Bitch" doesn't fly with me. The internet is giving people a bit too much bravery lately.
Lately? LOL

And I apologize for nothing.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Patrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Lately? LOL

And I apologize for nothing.
I didn't ask for one...Just trust you would never manage to say that shit around me for real.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Grapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
I didn't ask for one...Just trust you would never manage to say that shit around me for real.
Fair enough.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GirlNextDoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
Anything doesn't go. It isn't a matter of stop posting on the subject, but to have a bit of fucking respect when dealing with an actual person.

It may been Lori's first and last post but "Queen Bitch" doesn't fly with me. The internet is giving people a bit too much bravery lately.
LoL "lately"

Update: damn I was beat to it O well
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
picard102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,956
Liberals :rolleyes emoticon:
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger