Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Which was better? Doom or The Lord of the Rings series.
Doom rocked! BFG all the way 4 8.51%
I love me some Hobbits, Lord of the Rings forever! 43 91.49%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Doom was shit on all levels.

LOTR was great cinema and usually i hate fanstasy, the books and everything that is in the form of a trilogy.

There's no comparison, this is just trolling.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:11 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Doom was shit on all levels.

LOTR was great cinema and usually i hate fanstasy, the books and everything that is in the form of a trilogy.

There's no comparison, this is just trolling.
Im gonna have to watch both movies again because ive been told im wrong so many times.

I think my love of the movie doom came from the atmosphere of the night on which i saw it rather than the actual movie. My friends and i were screaming shit out during the movie since we were the only ones in the cinema.
I saw it straight after seeing a Jodie Foster movie called Flight Plan, that bored me intensely.

As far as LOTR goes i liked the scenary but i just couldnt get into the characters and i dont think i understood the purpose of anything they did at all, not to mention how magic worked in that realm.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:30 AM   #13 (permalink)

the best way to enjoy the LOTR movies is to watch them as big epic spectacles with some fantastic looking scenes (especially the CGI enhanced mass scenes).

I think Tolkien is a mediocre writer, i hate magic, fantasy and all that childish horseshit and udually if there's dragons and knights in a movie i'm immediately turn off.

Yet, i have no issue saying that those movies contain some of the greatest, most powerful scenes i've seen in ages. They eat and shit Star Wars for breakfast.

Doom was silly and entertaining as far as the gore went but the whole series of one liners and predictable moments just grated me (i dont know which one is worse "YOU-ARE-DOOOOOOOOMED!" or the discussions of ethic boundaries in a videogame adfaptation)
Old 08-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Are you really trying to compare a movie based on a ego-shooter computer game with a movie based on a book that (no matter whether you like it or not) had an impact on a whole genre?
Hahjeez I rarely feel judgemental but this may be one of these times!

I thought for a second you were talking about Dune - I could have seen the point of arguing a comparison for that.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #15 (permalink)

ego-shooter?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
ego-shooter?
English Wiki in redirects from "ego shooter" to "First-person shooter" so I guess that is the official term ;-)

German Wiki says:
Ego-Shooter (greek and latin ego = „I“ + engl. shooter) also known as First-Person-Shooter
Old 08-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Ah thank you. Heard that before, but i never got what it meant.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

Seriously, the movie Doom, the one starring The Rock? Are you fucking retarded? That movie was a piece of shit, I'd rather watch Sponge Bob, and I've never watched Sponge Bob, I just know it can't possibly be as terrible as that pile of shit.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #19 (permalink)

Doom is such a rancid carcass of a movie that anybody who likes it renders their own opinion utterly null. It is one of the worst movies of all time, right up there with Starship Troopers 2 and Beowulf (the one with Christopher Lambert).
Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
Seriously, the movie Doom, the one starring The Rock? Are you fucking retarded? That movie was a piece of shit, I'd rather watch Sponge Bob, and I've never watched Sponge Bob, I just know it can't possibly be as terrible as that pile of shit.
The SpongeBob movie has a "silly for silliness sake" quality to it that has its merits.

Doom was crap, but the "worst movie of all time" is such a weird label... One of my favourite movies (The Devil Rejects) is labeled by a lot of people as "The worst movie of all time"...

Still Doom sucks. And the game wasnt that good either.

And behind that the confront is weird.

A more logical paragon would be:

Star Wars (original) or LOTR?

Doom or Resident Evil?

Just sayin.