Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-22-2006, 08:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

In a surprise move the facts behind a deeply polarizing political issue aren't black and white, or straight forward, and leave plenty of room for proponents on either side to argue their cases.

Isn't this one of those issues where if you have the power to act, say you live in a country that has forces in Iraq, then review the facts and make up your mind about this issue, weigh up all the other current issues, then vote accordingly next election.

Obviously I'm jaded given that I live in country where the current political scandal is the fact that the government couldn't pass a law that would have farm dogs microchiped to identify their owners, and the biggest news item seems to be the fact that a sneaky otter has escaped from Auckland Zoo. Sigh.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
The United Nations considers chemical weapons to be weapons of mass destruction, and in 1993 the Chemical Weapons Convention was adopted. I'm looking for the 2001-2 date you are talking about, and I will correct what I said when I find what you're talking about.
If you read, the conference was begun in 1993 and went into force in 1997 as its own conference and not a part of the UN Weapons of Mass Destruction Branch. Up until 2001, Chemical weapons were a single entity and were classified as such, but around 2001 they were recategorized as a weapon of mass destruction.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Shit another political thread to help spooky get his post count up.

Sadamm, bad guy,

Who is next then? We have Iran surrounded are they next?
Why not, they have the makings for a bomb, WMD.
They have written odd letters to our Leader , makes him unstable
Iran is not a Christian Nation. GO GO GO GO
Old 06-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

There are people out there worse than Saddam. We aren't liberating them though.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Apology accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugymay
Chemical weapons were never considered weapons of mass destruction until 2001-2, when they were labeled as such to bolster the reason for invasion. show me i am wrong and you will win an apology.
Weapons of mass destruction (WMD) generally include nuclear, biological, chemical and, increasingly, radiological weapons. The term first arose in 1937 in reference to the mass destruction of Guernica, Spain, by aerial bombardment. Following the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and progressing through the Cold War, the term came to refer more to non-conventional weapons. The terms ABC, NBC, and CBRN have been used synonymously with WMD, although nuclear weapons have the greatest capacity to cause mass destruction. The phrase entered popular usage in relation to the U.S.-led multinational forces' 2003 invasion of Iraq
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wmd
Old 06-22-2006, 03:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyphil
Weapons of mass destruction (WMD) generally include nuclear, biological, chemical and, increasingly, radiological weapons. The term first arose in 1937 in reference to the mass destruction of Guernica, Spain, by aerial bombardment. Following the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and progressing through the Cold War, the term came to refer more to non-conventional weapons. The terms ABC, NBC, and CBRN have been used synonymously with WMD, although nuclear weapons have the greatest capacity to cause mass destruction. The phrase entered popular usage in relation to the U.S.-led multinational forces' 2003 invasion of Iraq
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wmd
I think that you are supporting my point. If not, I hate you.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugymay
I think that you are supporting my point. If not, I hate you.
dude is that a panda orgy?

rock on OW
Old 06-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
dude is that a panda orgy?

rock on OW
Time to change the Avatar good doctor, Panda Orgy!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Lightbulb wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanknapper
There are people out there worse than Saddam. We aren't liberating them though.
We can't help everyone at the same time. We are already in Afghanistan and Iraq...Just give it time...

And to the opponents of invading IRAQ, was it not good of us to liberate a people that had been under constant dictatorship for many many years? A people that was cruely and inhumanely killed because they didn't believe in every view of their "KING"?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

Someone call for me? I don't know exactly what point I'm supposed to argue, but I suppose I can start like so:

Spooky acuses all people that disagrees with him of drinking kool aid and riding bandwagons, because in his mind this somehow voids their arguments.

Oh yeah. The war. My position is that it is impossible to know whether it was the right move or not. There is doubt as to the motive, the strategy and what the outcome will be so it's basically too soon to tell. (I guess I'm with Kerry)

Last edited by Rock Hardbuns; 06-22-2006 at 06:53 PM.