Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 01-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #2961 (permalink)

Anyone checked out that Darksiders game? I watched a bit of it this morning and it seemed neat and like a straight-up Zelda clone on the 360, which I am okay with.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #2962 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
First peeks:

Dragon Age

Whoa. I normally do not like fantasy rpg's but this game feels like peeking into another universe. I actually like the voiceless, disembodied aspect given to my charcter (although i wouldnt trade it for my smooth talking, mind fucking, Sheperd).
The intro is simply breath taking. Very good

Audiosurf

I know that in this neutered sterile age, kids dont smoke pot anymore but let me say this. When me and my oldest friends were puffing out in front of a PSX while playing Wipeout... This was what we were dreaming of. You can call it an addictive game, a great idea, but this is a stoner dream projected by a stoner for stoners. That's the thing you build a giant playlist and loose yourself in the vortex. For Days, equipped with Amnesia Haze and brownies.

Finished

Mass Effect

Perfect., The greatest game i've played up in competiton with Arkham.
It's a game that doesnt only train you to face your enemies or obstacles, but it has you make tough decisions that are even harder, considering thed depth of the relationships that you find yourself into with the other characters.

And if that isnt enough,watch this spoilerific dialogue (or dont watch it if you havent played the game) delivered by the most frightening antagoinist (well almost) ever:

Jesus.
You are playing a lot of great games. Isn't Audiosurf just a brilliant thing? There five different opening for Dragon Age, which faction/race did you pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
Anyone checked out that Darksiders game? I watched a bit of it this morning and it seemed neat and like a straight-up Zelda clone on the 360, which I am okay with.
I've heard good things, I admit I dismissed it as a God of War clone but I hear it's a nice hybrid of Zelda and God of War.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #2963 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
Hey there Rhesus... I picked up Darksiders a couple of weeks ago. It was decent. Not great, but pretty good.

I can absolutely see why people describe it as a clone between God of War and Zelda. Combat = GOW. Gameplay and puzzles = Zelda.

I'd say give it a go, I had fun.

Anyone else pumped about Mass Effect 2???
Old 01-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #2964 (permalink)

Yeah, while watching a buddy play the beginning of it earlier I couldn't help but notice that keywords in the intro text were highlighted...a la Zelda.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:21 AM   #2965 (permalink)

Quote:
First peeks:

Dragon Age

Whoa. I normally do not like fantasy rpg's but this game feels like peeking into another universe. I actually like the voiceless, disembodied aspect given to my charcter (although i wouldnt trade it for my smooth talking, mind fucking, Sheperd).
The intro is simply breath taking. Very good.
What he said.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:39 AM   #2966 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
You are playing a lot of great games. Isn't Audiosurf just a brilliant thing? There five different opening for Dragon Age, which faction/race did you pick?
I picked the human noble one, but i'll try the others.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #2967 (permalink)

A PC/Mac version of charming platform Qwak is on a brief pay £whatever you want sale. You can get it here.

Video here.

Heavenly Sword
Recently finished this after borrowing it. At first I dismissed it as a God of War clone and, while it's certainly similar, it does have it's own identity and art style.

The production values are very high, from the score to the Andy Serkis directed cut scenes (he also acts as the villain via mocap and seems to be channelling Alan Rickman in Prince of Thieves) and there's some pretty - if entirely linear - environments.

The combat isn't nearly as strong and does get repetitive but what kept me hooked was the well made cut scenes and quirky ideas like steering arrows/cannon balls/bodies after you launch them and throwing hundreds of enemies at you.

It's short but it's worth playing.

Last edited by standardman; 01-19-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #2968 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Does anybody know anythiung about Dark Void? It looks very pretty and very very very dumb.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #2969 (permalink)

Quote:
Does anybody know anythiung about Dark Void? It looks very pretty and very very very dumb.
Agreed. I vote to boycott that game based on your comments alone.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #2970 (permalink)

I'm super stoked on the fact that after saving up for a while, I've finally bought myself a PS3!

I'm currently playing through Metal Gear Solid 4 and Modern Warfare 2
-I beat Beatles Rock Band in a few hours, on drums, on medium.

My drums from my PS2 Rock Band still worked, I was never that good with drums, medium was fairly simple though...I'm the shit on guitar, but I don't have a guitar compatible with a PS3 yet...I tried singing a bit, I'm shit at that...though I pull off some songs.