Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 05-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #3621 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
WHAT?! I found an awesome deal before standardman!

THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE

This is:
World of Goo
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru HD
Penumbra

FOR A PAY WHAT YOU WANT! YOU CAN EVEN CHOOSE TO GIVE IT TO CHARITY! AND ALL GAMES ARE DRM-FREE!

I haven't played anything besides World of Goo, but this is worth it alone for a pay what you want model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Just heard that if you buy that collection, you can get the other Penumbra games for $5 or £3.50 here. Even lets you choose a preferred store. Brilliant!
Quote:
Hard to believe but this deal just got even better. Amanita Design just added Samorost 2 into the bundle!

Lovely game, you can play the first one for free here. Really should update that thread at some point.
Last chance to get it!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #3622 (permalink)

Quote:
Last chance to get it!
I just bought it for a girl I'm trying to bone on a regular basis. This is how one picks up a chick, right?

Old 05-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #3623 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadwolrab View Post
I just bought it for a girl I'm trying to bone on a regular basis. This is how one picks up a chick, right?

I like to show them my humble indie bundle.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #3624 (permalink)

On Direct2Drive:

The spectacular Rome Total War (gold edition) is £/$/Yurps2.50. Learn about history and use diplomacy to conquer the map! Use tactics in huge battles! Set pigs on fire and launch them at war-elephants!

Bob Came in Pieces is £/Yurps3.50 or $4.95. Charming game I keep meaning to play.

On Gamersgate:

Space Battle Week. GAAAAMES IIIIN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.

The best stuff:
AI War half price £7.45 or the double pack for £9.45. Aggressive AI is aggressive.
Flotilla half price £3.95. Homeworld fans, take a look.
Gratuitous Space Battles half price £8.95 or £12.92 with all three expansions. Set battle up, watch battle go.

They also have one of their incomprehensible loyalty sales on Tales of Monkey Island You get an amount off.

GOG.com:

A shooty sale! 40% off:
Aquanox
Postal 2 Complete
Painkiller Black
Redneck Rampage Collection
Old 05-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #3625 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I agree with the controls thing. But that's the modern way of adventure games. Actually the classical point and click of some less known recent AG (see Memento Mori. Bleargh) sucked so bad, i like the keyboard thing better. Apparently the new programmer dont know how hot spots work. And i would love to see the old SCUMM interface back, but that's dreaming.
See, I disagree with it being the modern way because like I said, Strong Bad didn't have bad controls, and it was also Telltale Games doing it. I don't know why they'd have good controls for Strong Bad (and I was playing it on a WII of all things, it takes a lot for me to call Wii controls good), but then awful ones for Monkey Island. Strong Bad had none of the issues I had with Tales. I can understand that we're not going to be getting the SCUMM interface back anytime soon, but I don't know why one of their games would have great controls and the other one not.

The rest of your post did not agree with science and I will be ignoring it (MI2 is my second favorite but Curse will always be my favorite. I can't wait for MI2:SE).
Old 05-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #3626 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
See, I disagree with it being the modern way because like I said, Strong Bad didn't have bad controls, and it was also Telltale Games doing it. I don't know why they'd have good controls for Strong Bad (and I was playing it on a WII of all things, it takes a lot for me to call Wii controls good), but then awful ones for Monkey Island. Strong Bad had none of the issues I had with Tales. I can understand that we're not going to be getting the SCUMM interface back anytime soon, but I don't know why one of their games would have great controls and the other one not.
Yes you're right. I havent played the Strong Bad games, but i remembered that the first season of Sam And Max had a classical point and click adventures, where the new one has the same controls of Tales. Hmmmm.

The rest of your post goes against the HOLY DOGMA that MI2 is the best MI and the best adventure game ever created, so i'm ignoring it.

Wait, MI2: SE? WhenWhereHow??!!

PS: I like you Omni.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #3627 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Yes you're right. I havent played the Strong Bad games, but i remembered that the first season of Sam And Max had a classical point and click adventures, where the new one has the same controls of Tales. Hmmmm.

The rest of your post goes against the HOLY DOGMA that MI2 is the best MI and the best adventure game ever created, so i'm ignoring it.

Wait, MI2: SE? WhenWhereHow??!!

PS: I like you Omni.
If only our MI opinions were the same...we could get married...perhaps in another time or place...

Also yes MI2:SE should be out soon. Maybe even in just a few weeks? I think it's pretty dang soon! Early summer I'm sure. The screens look great, I'd really like to see an MI3:SE only with the same graphics, just hi-res.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #3628 (permalink)

SALES!

Gal Civ II is a must for Civilization fans - it basically starts where Civ finishes and it's deep, challenging and hilarious. Stardock's staff are also extremely nice people who sorted out a duff serial code for me AND upgraded me to the Ultimate Edition for my trouble.

Demigod is DOTA and therefore hard but there are plenty of tutorials online and it's bloody gorgeous.

Sins of a Solar Empire is an unusual 4X strategy game with an interesting 'bidding' mechanic. Read here to understand what the hell I'm talking about.

Fences is also worth a look, cleans up the desktop real nice.

Steam are having a Sega week. First is the new AVP game, which is shit and not worth linking to but they also put up a Sega Bundle for 50 quid.

Last edited by standardman; 05-18-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #3629 (permalink)

I've been playing Skate3 and Allan Wake! I love both!

If anyone wants an Alan Wake Shirt for a female avatar here is a code, it can only be used once.

JFFMX-VGHFR-4XR2D-YM38G-H93TW

Post here if you use it it so other people are not wasting time trying to use it.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #3630 (permalink)

Do you think we could start up a game swap between us?

I'm trying to play some more video games, but everything is so expensive...
I figure there might be enough of us that, if interested, we could swap games with each other?

I have Sims 3, you want to play it, I don't....you have Rainbow Six, I want to play it..swap...maybe swap back when done, or an actual trade...I don't know...just thought I'd see if this idea sounds appealing to any of you.