Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 07-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #3971 (permalink)

For some reason, I guess server location (??) I can't really play Lead and Gold on my neighbor's wifi.....but last night I played Team Fortress 2 just fine.

And let me say, thanks Tony for being the last straw that convinced me to buy it...cause that game is wicked.

It's just so much fun....I decided before I really settle on a class, I'll try all of them out first....so far I'm really into the Heavy. And flamers are gay. (no pun intended).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #3972 (permalink)

I have never played Thief, and Iam a self proclaimed stealth fanatic. I always try to play Splintercell without killing or being seen.

Im very excited to play this game for the first time.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #3973 (permalink)

Yup, today's sales!

75% off Day of Defeat - 74p \ $1.24 \ Day of Defeat: Source - £1.49 \ $2.49 Great multiplayer WWII shooter
66% off Borderlands - £6.79 \ $10.19 (DLC - £2.14 \ $3.39 each) Diablo FPS with guns!
66% off Half-Life 2 - £2.37 \ $3.39 For the one guy who doesn't have it already
75% off Saints Row 2 - £2.49 \ $7.49 Silly answer to GTA4, Co-Op is hilarious.
75% off Beat Hazard - £1.74 \ $2.49 is to Geometry Wars as Audiosurf was to Wipeout
75% off The Bionic Commando Pack - £8.74 \ $11.24 One great game, one bad game.
50% off Prototype - £12.49 \ $14.99 Gorey open world kill-em-up with a lot of redundancy in it's moves.
75% off Star Wars: Empire at War Gold - £3.74 \ $4.99 Actually a pretty cool RTS
75% off Max and the Magic Marker - £3.25 \ $5.00 charming platformer where you interact with the world using a marker
50% off Crysis - £9.99 \ $14.99 Might be the only FPS where you can kill a man by throwing a chicken in the air and punching it at him

Aaand there's a new Team Fortress 2 comic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
For some reason, I guess server location (??) I can't really play Lead and Gold on my neighbor's wifi.....but last night I played Team Fortress 2 just fine.

And let me say, thanks Tony for being the last straw that convinced me to buy it...cause that game is wicked.

It's just so much fun....I decided before I really settle on a class, I'll try all of them out first....so far I'm really into the Heavy. And flamers are gay. (no pun intended).
My pleasure, always love recommending cool stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
I have never played Thief, and Iam a self proclaimed stealth fanatic. I always try to play Splintercell without killing or being seen.

Ah, you'll be in hog heaven - Thief was the first real stealth game in an age of run and gun shooters.

Last edited by standardman; 07-02-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #3974 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Without doubt, that is Nintendo's biggest failing. They innovate but only within established IPs.
Miyamoto admits Nintendo needs new characters | Joystiq

"If the unveiling of Nintendo's 3DS-based Kid Icarus game wasn't enough to make Nintendo fans smile, some brand-new characters from the company may very well be on the horizon. Speaking during a recent investor call, as picked up by Sankei Newspaper (via 1UP), Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto admitted that "We need new game characters soon," adding that we could see the new characters as soon as next year. While we might argue that Nintendo still has plenty of characters left languishing in a vault somewhere (Balloon Fight, anyone?), it certainly wouldn't hurt to see some fresh faces from the man who brought icons like Donkey Kong and Link into the world. (And no, Miis do not count. Seriously.)"
Old 07-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #3975 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
Miyamoto admits Nintendo needs new characters | Joystiq

"If the unveiling of Nintendo's 3DS-based Kid Icarus game wasn't enough to make Nintendo fans smile, some brand-new characters from the company may very well be on the horizon. Speaking during a recent investor call, as picked up by Sankei Newspaper (via 1UP), Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto admitted that "We need new game characters soon," adding that we could see the new characters as soon as next year. While we might argue that Nintendo still has plenty of characters left languishing in a vault somewhere (Balloon Fight, anyone?), it certainly wouldn't hurt to see some fresh faces from the man who brought icons like Donkey Kong and Link into the world. (And no, Miis do not count. Seriously.)"
Oh excellent! Nintendo seem to be sorting themselves out in general.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #3976 (permalink)

MORE SALES!

Over at GOG:

Impulse have quite a few games on sale, here's the best:

Sins of a Solar Empire expansions set just the expansions for £9.86 /$14.95

Company of Heroes Gold £5.09 / $7.72 or Complete for £12.49 / $18.94

Nikopol £6.59 / $9.99 point and click based on the awesome comic

Toki Tori £1.75 / $2.65 cheery, challenging platformer/puzzle game same price on steam too

Over at Direct2Drive, you can get the Penumbra Collection for £3.95 / $4.95 very interesting first person horror puzzle games

Last edited by standardman; 07-02-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #3977 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post

I agree with Tony, you're going to love this game. Especially for it's time, Thief was definitely the first bad ass stealth game and I always thought they did an excellent job at getting you to feel like you're in the game.

I remember playing Dark Projects when it came out, and just thinking "wow" I was a kid, but nothing I had ever played before was like it. And Thief > Splinter Cell any day, but I did enjoy the Splinter Cell series quite a bit. Deadly Shadows was just a perfect third installment for the series.

In fact, if you don't like this game, I'll buy your next game for you.
That's how sure of it I am.

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 07-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #3978 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
In fact, if you don't like this game, I'll buy your next game for you.
That's how sure of it I am.
You just made a safe bet, I was on my way to confess my love for this game.

Just within the opening training mission, most other stealth games pretty much feel derivative of this one. Maybe the best 3$ ever spent on a video game.

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 07-02-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #3979 (permalink)

Transformers; War for Cybertron.
This game is what the latest movies should have been in nearly ever aspect.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #3980 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Transformers; War for Cybertron.
This game is what the latest movies should have been in nearly ever aspect.
Totally seconded. Fun, Fun, Fun and the Unreal Engine Classic dark, metallic and rusty look fits perfectly for the backgrounds of cybertron.

And THE SOUNDS!