Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #4181 (permalink)

Just saw a review by IGN for Arkhum Asylum, I know I'm late to the game but...I haven't been this excited about something Batman related since I was like 9!

I want it so bad...lol.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #4182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
Just saw a review by IGN for Arkhum Asylum, I know I'm late to the game but...I haven't been this excited about something Batman related since I was like 9!

I want it so bad...lol.
It is an awesome game. They just announced a sequel to it. There is a lot of talk about it following the Batman no mans land comics where the us government decides that Gotham is so fucked up that they evacuate the city and blow all the bridges and leave it to the criminals. All that's left to defend the city is Batman some cops who refused to leave and civilians who weren't going to give up their homes and business to criminals.

If u really like gaming i would get Gamefly i have the four games out at one time plan and its like 30 bucks a month that's less than half the price of a new game and i can play just about any game i want. I still buy games but only ones that i already know are gonna be great like God Of War, Fallout,Fable etc.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #4183 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

I want it so bad...lol.
How come you dont have it?

Probably the best game of last year.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #4184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieninja View Post
If u really like gaming i would get Gamefly i have the four games out at one time plan and its like 30 bucks a month that's less than half the price of a new game and i can play just about any game i want. I still buy games but only ones that i already know are gonna be great like God Of War, Fallout,Fable etc.
I had Gamefly for a while, but I thought the return rate was horribly slow. I only had 2 games out at a time, but that alone was nearly $30. I'm not sure I'd ever go back to their service. Besides, while my gaming may be limited to my funds, I still like buying games and owning them....ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
How come you dont have it?

Probably the best game of last year.
I don't know, I guess I just assumed it was mostly hype, I mean...can you blame me? The Dark Knight was being blown up like crazy, and comic hero-based games are rarely that great. But I do see that I was probably dead wrong with this game. I'm probably going to have to buy it.

I hear the game of the year edition is 3D...has anyone played that? How much cooler is it in 3D? Or should I just stick with regular? (and probably save about $10)

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 08-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #4185 (permalink)

Quote:
I had Gamefly for a while, but I thought the return rate was horribly slow. I only had 2 games out at a time, but that alone was nearly $30. I'm not sure I'd ever go back to their service. Besides, while my gaming may be limited to my funds, I still like buying games and owning them....ya know?

I hear the game of the year edition is 3D...has anyone played that? How much cooler is it in 3D? Or should I just stick with regular? (and probably save about $10)
I agree the time it takes for your new game to come to you is sometimes longer than it should be i expect a 3 day turn around if i put my game in the mail Monday i expect to be playing my new game on Thursday and most of the time that's what happens. When it doesn't i report the game lost so they will speed things up.

As far as the 3d i think its a gimmick i mean are you really gonna wear paper glasses as u play? my guess is probably not.
I bought Coraline on blue ray and it came with 3d glasses and i haven't used them yet.
The game is amazing on its own i don't think 3d is going to make it better. Besides the real reason you buy a game of the year edition is because you get all the down-loadable content for free. So you get any map packs, new missions etc. for less than you would if you had bought it when it came out and then bought all the extra content.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #4186 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Get it regular.

And no it isnt hype. It might be the only game to get what it feels to play as Batman. And do Batman stuff.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #4187 (permalink)

As a Batmanologist, I can wholly recommend Arkham Asylum. It's the first game to get the feel of Batman right. And don't use Detective Mode too much, you pansy.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #4188 (permalink)

I got Blazblue, I'll probably get another game or two tomorrow or later tonight...
but

I can't get my PS3 to work...I don't know if it's the composite cables or what...but...it's not working.

The PS3 itself turns on fine, and it was working fine back at home when I was using the HDMI cable to hook it up to my living room TV...

but here with the composite, I get nothing. :/

*Note, my Playstation 1 works fine with that same composite cable...is my PS3 broken? I don't have an HDTV to test it with my HDMI cord.

*Fixed it. I'm not sure exactly how, but I kept turning the PS3 off and on, and I held on to the power button...and it sort of reset and I saw the video...so problem solved. (:

Last edited by DudeEMETIB; 08-16-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #4189 (permalink)

Quote:
I got Blazblue, I'll probably get another game or two tomorrow or later tonight...
but

I can't get my PS3 to work...I don't know if it's the composite cables or what...but...it's not working.

The PS3 itself turns on fine, and it was working fine back at home when I was using the HDMI cable to hook it up to my living room TV...

but here with the composite, I get nothing. :/

*Note, my Playstation 1 works fine with that same composite cable...is my PS3 broken? I don't have an HDTV to test it with my HDMI cord.

*Fixed it. I'm not sure exactly how, but I kept turning the PS3 off and on, and I held on to the power button...and it sort of reset and I saw the video...so problem solved. (:
We get that all the time in store. Unlike the 360, the PS3 doesn't recognise what's plugged into it, holding the power button as you did resets it.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #4190 (permalink)

Despite this flaw, I still hold PS3 as THE BEST.

I'm cooking now though, so I put Sherlock Holmes in the system and once I'm done I'll play some Blazblue.

You can see my thoughts of this movie when I'm done in my other favorite thread. (: