Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 10-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #4551 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I still have to play BC2. I hear great stuff on it, still too pricey for me.

Creepy, seems that in MOH they even copied Hans Zimmers' score for COD....

Well that's not really a fault there. Zimmere pretty much did his standard Percussion+bass & distorted guitar+middle eastern melodies there....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #4552 (permalink)

To be honest, I have no desire to buy any FPS anymore. Nothing seems unique and fun to me. I'm way more interested in it actually having a decent story. If I want to shoot people online, I'll hop on CS or something. Other than that, I'll "borrow" a copy for the single player, and be done with it.

If someone can come out with an FPS MMO that actually stands the test of time (again, RIP APB, even though that was third, not first person), I'll go for that.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #4553 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Problem is that when a game (and same can be said for other stuff) that is orginal and unique comes out, it r4arely6 sells as well as copycat games.

There's a bunch of people that didnt get Bioshock or Half Life and only want a bunch of flashy explosions anbd good looking "cinematic" (scraems of horror) scenes.

There's exceptions but for one game that tries new stuff and is well received there's a babillion of crappy clones that sells three times as much with no effort.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #4554 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
There's exceptions but for one game that tries new stuff and is well received there's a babillion of crappy clones that sells three times as much with no effort.
Like Mario Party, epic unique game, but Mario Party 35 was just a shitty knock off.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #4555 (permalink)

everyone get your free Fable 2 from XBL marketplace!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #4556 (permalink)

I literally did not understand a single word of this. Which explains why I'm a console gamer.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #4557 (permalink)

Tonight I'm doing a fundraiser for Extra Life, it's an annual Sarcastic Gamer event that raises money for local children's hospitals. I'm playing video games for 24 hours starting tonight at 8pm. The actual event was supposed to start at 8am today, but I had to work today (boo) so I'm starting tonight. If anyone wants to game with me tonight, add me, I'm BB Gunns on xbox live.

Here's my page if anyone is interested in donating.

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org...57ED07C&e=106A
Old 10-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #4558 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercircus View Post
Tonight I'm doing a fundraiser for Extra Life
Yay for Extra Life! I was sad when the podcast ended. I had been listening to Scott since way back when he recorded solo and had those hilarious bloopers from his voice over work at the end of shows.

As for the rest, I sigh whenever I hear about another Medal of Honor, COD, Battlefield, etc. Just stop it. It's the same game over and over, and the only reason they keep pumping them out, is because 14 year olds with a 360 think they're amazing.

When that time travel/manipulation game was announced, I was really excited. It seemed to be trying something different for once. Then it became clear it was another money grab once they showed a demo (played on a controller) and had all these very specific and limited ways you could "alter time". Making a pile of sticks a crate and getting something from it, is just a way to add another step to opening the damn thing.

I'm so glad companies like Bethesda, Valve, and Irrational are around (for the time being), and still seem to give a shit about quality.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #4559 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSword View Post
you can coming and try my server out 208.115.211.46
Hey I would love too! What might be the last 5 digits of the IP? I don't think I can connect without them.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:05 PM   #4560 (permalink)

Plants vs Zombies on the xbox. i've already rocked it on every other format so why not. I've been addicted to this game for like two years now.
In other news, i finally got Live, but no access to my old tag so here's my new one: BoozyBaker.