Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #4991 (permalink)

I'll just leave this here (warning: MAJOR spoilers if you have not gotten through Episode 2 yet - and why haven't you?)

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #4992 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
Sorry for trying to throw in an honest comment that happens to be against the grain.
I'm not surprised you didn't like it, it seems like you were pretty much against it from the beginning based on your earlier comments...

Also...(assuming you bought it on the PC) the DLC content will be free. Challenge maps, advanced rooms, etc. (I'm not talking about hats....)
Old 05-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #4993 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmpy View Post
I'm not surprised you didn't like it, it seems like you were pretty much against it from the beginning based on your earlier comments...
Being "against something from the start" and having exceedingly high hopes are two very different things.

I preordered the Orange Box back on the first day it was available only for the first Portal. Skipped all my classes the day it came out and blew through it in about 3 hours. I liked it, but I felt like it was way too short. This one was better in terms of story (the ending gives me chills, and I've re-watched it at least once a day since I beat it Saturday), but I just don't feel like it was really worth $50. Then again, games these days don't seem to give a shit about story at all. I haven't played anything but the story mode yet, so maybe my opinion will get better after I do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
I'll just leave this here (warning: MAJOR spoilers if you have not gotten through Episode 2 yet - and why haven't you?)

It blows my mind how smooth and beautiful the Source engine still is, even though it's like 7 years old.

Last edited by fluxquanta; 05-04-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #4994 (permalink)

In the middle of Alan Wake. I've had a copy of this game for a while and I just never got around to it. I'm so behind on gaming. I'll play some poker on Xbox a little.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #4995 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Fuck! I just broke out of an 8 loss streak in SC2. Fucking ended it with a banshee rush cheese. Kind of embarrassing. I have a long way to go.
I used to really love StarCraft.. is SC2 worth it?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #4996 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I haven't played anything but the story mode yet, so maybe my opinion will get better after I do that.
Well, as much as I love the multiplayer mode, it has absolutely no replay value. I think it was probably one of my favorite gaming experiences to connect with a stranger and play the game together without any voice chat (and...come to think of it, the gesture system is so easy to use that we hardly used any text chat either) so it really let me get immersed in the game with the other player seeming like a part of the game rather than a human.

That said...I will never play it again. (I haven't made it through all the MP puzzles yet, so I guess I will play again but not more than that...)

I was alternatively disappointed and really satisfied with the game. I felt like they really needed some of the advanced chambers and challenges like the ones that were in the first one. I can STILL play those in portal one and have fun trying to beat my time or whatever. But with Portal 2, once you beat it, it's pretty much over and the MP wont be fun after the first or second time. I didn't feel entitled to more...I thought the game was definitely worth the $50, but I was upset because they made this awesome fun game, and it wouldn't take too much more than they already did to make it a hundred times more awesome.

However...they announced that they were going to have free DLC that includes those things sometime this summer and that they didn't want to delay the game to add them in before launch, so now I'm pretty much back to being totally happy with it.

If you played the first one and liked it, and decided you wanted to play the sequel...I'm pretty much confused as to what more you wanted from it....
Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #4997 (permalink)

Old 05-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #4998 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmpy View Post
If you played the first one and liked it, and decided you wanted to play the sequel...I'm pretty much confused as to what more you wanted from it....
That's exactly what I wanted -- more.

I mean, look at all of the cool shit they introduced. The light bridges and the gels and stuff. It would've been really cool to see some more complex puzzles with them. I really hope Valve does put out some fun, single player DLC (or better yet, create a level developer and have the community take a whack at creating tests).

The game took me about 5 hours to beat, and I'm sort of in the same position as you. It'll be a long time before I play through the whole thing again. When you compare a game like that (or even worse, Homefront, which I had high hopes for, was done with in less than 3.5 hours, and wasn't interested in the multiplayer AT ALL) to something like the Elder Scroll series or the newer Fallout games, which have such an incredible amount of content, it's kinda hard not to feel a little ripped off.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #4999 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I posted this same thing about a year ago. The Penumbra series is fucking awesome. The only thing that has ever creeped me out in a game as much as Penumbra was Silent Hill 2.... and that's saying a lot.

If anyone reading this has not tried any of the Penumbra's or Amnesia give them a shot. You won't be disappointed. Must play them in chronological order if you care about the story.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #5000 (permalink)

WARNING: Purchasing this game automatically adds you to the sex offender registry.