Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree37Likes

Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieninja View Post
The Zombie Survival Guide By Max Brooks because i refuse to be unprepared for the zombie apocalypse LOL.

This was another good bathroom reader, but World War Z kept me much more entertained throughout the reading.

Currenty re-reading the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

I just finished re-reading The Dresden Files and that Night Angel trilogy looks pretty interesting. Think I'll pick it up and see what happens.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieninja View Post
The Zombie Survival Guide By Max Brooks because i refuse to be unprepared for the zombie apocalypse LOL.

i HAVE TO get that!!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 12:13 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneed View Post
I ordered this book a few days ago. I wanted to read it after seeing the trailer for the movie, which looked promising, and because someone said this book made them so mad but they still loved it. Can't wait to start reading.
Ha, yeah, that's pretty much the same reaction I had. The book made me so upset and I spent the rest of the day cursing the author, but it affected/touched me so deeply that I couldn't help but love it. And, wow, I didn't even know there WAS a movie - I'm pretty excited.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:20 AM   #25 (permalink)

I too have been devouring the Scott Sigler collection

Earthcore
Rookie
Infected
Contagious

And I grab new ancestor episodes as soon as I can.

all great.

As for the last non-audio book I read it was the Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, easily the best book I have ever read and right now I reading Atlas Shurgged, its good and even though its such a big and popular book and considered her masterpiece I like it but it just beats its message over your head too much where in the fountainhead the message was more natural and far far less dividing and controversial.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
This was another good bathroom reader, but World War Z kept me much more entertained throughout the reading.
Yeah, WWZ is awesome.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:12 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
This book's been sitting on my shelf for over a year now, I really should get to it.
Yeah it sat around on my shelf for about a year too...it's one of those books that when you see it at the store, you go "Oh man, I'll love reading this" then you never do, then some day you're like...fuck it, and when you do, you smile.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:02 AM   #28 (permalink)

In a stunningly typical of myself move, I have started a book none of you have graciously suggested. It's called Neuromancer by William Gibson...anyone heard of it? I promise some of your suggestions are next for me (Never Let Me Go is next -- that looks great, thank you to GossipTGirl for that one.) I'm not really sure how I feel about Neuromancer yet. Some of the scenes he sets are incredible and his view of the future/internet is very bleak which I like (it was written in the 80s.) But the writing is dense, almost too dense for me. And I don't particularly like Case, the main character. I dunno. If you've read it, your thoughts?

Last edited by dannyhatch; 07-31-2010 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Typo...
Old 07-31-2010, 03:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
In a stunningly typical of myself move, I have started a book none of you have graciously suggested. It's called Neuromancer by William Gibson...anyone heard of it? I promise some of your suggestions are next for me (Never Let Me Go is next -- that looks great, thank you to GossipTGirl for that one.) I'm not really sure how I feel about Neuromancer yet. Some of the scenes he sets are incredible and his view of the future/internet is very bleak which I like (it was written in the 80s.) But the writing is dense, almost too dense for me. And I don't particularly like Case, the main character. I dunno. If you've read it, your thoughts?
It's one of maybe 3 or 4 sci fi books I read, and I read it a while ago, but I liked it. Some of the stuff is hard to follow/visualize, especially the later cyberspace scenes with I believe Wintermute.

I meant to read the other 2 books in the trilogy, but never got around to them.

If they ever made it into a high-budget movie, it'd be The Matrix times babillion, sans the bullshit religious references.

Oh, and that reminded me of another fiction book I read:

It's so gloriously twisted, and might appeal to the fetishist freaks on the forums. From Wiki: one publisher's reader returned the verdict "This author is beyond psychiatric help. Do Not Publish!" which is what prompted me to read it. The movie is also great (the 1996 one, not the bullshit unrelated 2004 crap)

Last edited by DWarrior; 07-31-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
It's one of maybe 3 or 4 sci fi books I read, and I read it a while ago, but I liked it. Some of the stuff is hard to follow/visualize, especially the later cyberspace scenes with I believe Wintermute.

I meant to read the other 2 books in the trilogy, but never got around to them.

If they ever made it into a high-budget movie, it'd be The Matrix times babillion, sans the bullshit religious references.

Oh, and that reminded me of another fiction book I read:

It's so gloriously twisted, and might appeal to the fetishist freaks on the forums. From Wiki: one publisher's reader returned the verdict "This author is beyond psychiatric help. Do Not Publish!" which is what prompted me to read it. The movie is also great (the 1996 one, not the bullshit unrelated 2004 crap)
I do get a very Matrix-y vibe from it. And holy fuck that book looks awesome.