Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
Jon

I've a bunch. But two interesting ones:

1. Got my teeth knocked out by a keg of beer.

2. Last week I went to see Disturbed in concert in Albuquerque, NM. My friend from high school is the bassist. He let me watch from side stage. My other friends and his mother and daughter were there. I had been drinking beer all afternoon and then someone passed us a ice cold bottle of Jagermeister. I got stupid drunk, tripped and fell on his mom. The cops grabbed me, took me out by the tour buses and beat the shit out of me. They knocked me out with a flashlight to the mouth. I woke up spitting blood out and they released me. My lip is still messed up. Oh well. Damn metal concerts!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #42 (permalink)

I was working in a woodshop with a friend of mine and I cut my middle finger in half lengthwise on a radial arm saw. I wrapped it in a dirty shop rag and said we needed to make a run to the emergency room. I lost a lot of blood so he had to drive, but... he'd never driven a stick. The car was parked facing the shop and we kept bumping into it about ten times until I managed to talk him through getting it into reverse (I was half passed-out in the back). I don't know how I would have been able to get anywhere if he hadn't been with me. At the hospital, there wasn't really anything left to stitch to, so they basically just cleaned it up and bandaged it. Then, a surgeon put some kind of stuff on it that caused skin to granulate back into the crevice, and now I have a real finger. Looks almost normal. The worst thing was when the surgeon looked at it after a couple of days. He asked me if I wanted to lie down, and all macho, I said no. So I sat down on a stool. He proceeded to tear off the bandage and pull on my tendons with a giant pair of tweezers. Bad part was the stool had wheels and also swiveled. Between the pain, the idea of those tweezers, and all the rolling and swiveling in all directions, I got really nauseated and didn't know which way was up. Don't want to do that again.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #43 (permalink)

I got my left arm caught in a bottle capping machine. It split the skin horizontally and it rolled up like a window shade on my bicep. All better now, just a good scar.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:51 PM   #44 (permalink)

About a month ago- the next door neighbours cat came into our house and started to attack my cat- so I picked up the neighbours usually sedate moggy and took him outside- I put him down and then he tried to get back inside. So I picked him up again and he went Pycho- He bit into my hand in three places and scratched up my arm. I had to shake my hand and gouge at the cats eyes to get him off my hand. The next day my hand day my hand was about 3 times its usual size and i went to the hospital expecting to get antibiotics and a tetnus shot..... Roughly 1 hour later i was in theatre under a general anesthetic getting the wound cleaned out. Turns out the cat bit through my tendons, severed a nerve and scratched the bone of my index finger. So now after intensive physio on my finger- I can bend it to about 90 degrees and it will never be the same again.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech View Post
The brilliant thing about being drunk, is that you fail to remember how foolish you are.

What sucks about being a teen, is that you remember it.

Thanks for wasting my time with that stupid shit. I'm convinced that you're either 17 or severely retarded.

I still say we need an age filter.
i'm 22. and not retarded. or drunk. thank you.

oh and also, isn't the point of an internet message board to waste time?

i think people's stories about freak accidents are more interesting than some of the other threads on here (ie-what's in your pocket/wallet/fridge).

Last edited by shantastic; 07-27-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:53 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicallistener View Post
burned my hand silly last year after coming home drunk one night and attempting to pan fry me up some spring rolls.

Holy Fucking Shit! You know how to make spring rolls!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBachael View Post
Helen, did you go to school in New York? Where? And what did you go to school for, needing an x-acto knife all the time?
Yeah, art school in Manhattan. There was no way around using these sharp little blades of doom. I was required to bring my whole toolkit to class each time in case we needed some specific utensil. I'm sure I could've wrapped my knife in padding, put it in a vault and shipped it to China and it still would've gotten me somehow.

(By the way, I still have the same X-Acto that got me the third time, and ---knock on wood--- I've been accident free with it for the last 9 years.)
Old 07-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #48 (permalink)

When I was about 11 we were playing soccer on the school grounds, and I tried to do like back flip kick, but I was stupid and forgot that I wasn't on grass but on stone. I blacked out for a bit and then went on with the game.

When I was like 13 or 14 I was riding my bike to the gym and I had my bag hanging from the handlebars. It got stuck in between the wheel and the front fork, and pretty much stopped me dead in my tracks. Me and the bike did a flip and I landed on my head. Some guy ran up to me and asked if I was ok. I must've been because I remember going to gym after.

When I was about 16, we went on a school trip, by bike. On the way back, I was racing pretty fast towards the front of the group, and looked back towards the back. I managed to hit a red and white pole in the middle of the road, flew across the pavement and landed face first. It knocked one of my front teeth so that it died and I had to get it hollowed out and filled. My father has the same with his front tooth, although I'm pretty sure he didn't crash into a pole.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #49 (permalink)

wierdest injury

I broke my wrist once. Thats wierd right?
Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerbacker View Post
I broke my wrist once. Thats wierd right?
Maybe if you were jerk'n it at the time that it broke...