Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Chemda end up in a foreign country’s prison system?
Yes 13 50.00%
No 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree59Likes

Old 03-07-2024, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3790: And Just Like That… w/ Rod, Karen, Craig, and Chris

It’s the OG’s final KATG hosting gig. Chemda says goodbye as she’s joined by the KATG VIP crew. The gang discusses her departure, the future of KATG, and the news of the day featuring the guilty verdict in relation to the Alec Baldwin movie Rust and a special edition of Minimum Rage.

Guests:
Craig Klein

Karen Morrow

Rod Morrow

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl, Bucho and XenoTitty like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 1 others like this.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks. Just thanks.

Chemda -

I'm having hard time sorting through 19 years of thoughts and feelings, so I'll be brief.

I've been listening to you and Keith since show #27, and haven't skipped a show since. In that time I've gone from middle-aged to something beyond that (still much younger than Keith's dad).

I'm so grateful for all the enjoyment you've given me.

And, I admire and respect the grace and good nature you've shown through all your adversity. I've thought of you more than a few times when I caught myself whining or feeling sorry for myself.

I wish you all the best, and I have a feeling the best is yet to come.

Chris

Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda is the Mother of Podcasting.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 4 others like this.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

As long as Thailand doesn't have any turnstiles to jump I'm sure she'll be fine over there (sorry if that's too soon).

Still listening to the episode but DAMN this is real huh. Chemda I only met you once at a standup special in 2017 and you were both shorter than I was expecting and also way more smiley and kind. Not that I wasn't expecting you to be kind, but damn your smile lit up the whole friggin room. I mentioned wanting to sing Fiona Apple at the live band karaoke and you seemed impressed (I had to settle for Green Day instead).

Thanks for putting all of yourself out there for the last 20 years. It's such a unique thing you and Keith created and there's really nothing like it. Thanks for introducing teenage-to-adult me to New York (specifically Queens), generational trauma, Judaism, new curse words, double dare parties, and being friends with your exes (well some of them). L'chaim.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I 1000% intend to get amongst the OMAT once it's in a spot where it clicks better with my timezone, so, selfishly, as a fan of Healing Hands Chemda this feels more like a thrilling new beginning to me than a devastating end.

When I think about your time on KATG though Chemda I'll think not just about the countless moments of hilariousness that "flew out of your face", but about probably the best thing I've heard in 19 years listening to tens of thousands of hours of hundreds of podcasts. Sliding down the sun's rays into the ocean and playing with dolphins and being able to breathe underwater. So ludicrously beautiful and beautifully ludicrous.
Keith, The Girl, bluenova and 2 others like this.
Old 03-08-2024, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If I never listen to this episode, it hasn’t happened, right? RIGHT?
Keith, The Girl, bluenova and 1 others like this.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
If I never listen to this episode, it hasn’t happened, right? RIGHT?
Right.

Waiting to listen when I feel ready.

All the best for this next chapter for all of you. Here’s to the new adventure! L’chaim!
Keith, The Girl, Svage and 2 others like this.
Old 03-09-2024, 12:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

And just like that.

W of a title.

Wow, I started listening around episode 1000. Unsure which one it was, but I distinctly remember Brolo being on and talking about getting into a fight backstage alongside his band members against some other band. I did take a few years off at some point. I was heavy into Christianity and you guys making fun of it didn't sit with me all too well. I came back just before chemda found out about her tumor. It's been a wild ride. I just want to thank you for the hours of listening fun and wish you well on your future endeavors.

Also, season 2 of katg sounds right, after years of joking about coming back with a new season I think this is it.
Keith, The Girl and XenoTitty like this.
Old 03-09-2024, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

New title idea

Keith and the Guest! It's even Chemda-approved!
The Girl and XenoTitty like this.