Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums KATGtv

Like Tree3Likes

Old 12-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #81 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
OK, so how did keet do that card trick?

also..

chemda..

got damn you looked bangin girl
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I must agree that this was the best one yet.

But I have to admit that the sheet still isn't working for me, and I really can't see it ever working. Maybe a couple of plain, inexpensive shower curtains (don't show the top, obviously) behind you would suffice to give the appearance of a stage and still be enough for the minimal amount of set dressing you seem to want?
fuck you
Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
You know how they say talent can learn tech, but tech can't learn talent? I'm starting to think that the talentless techies aren't so bad off, because learning tech is a bitch. There are so many details about video that I only half understand that my head might explode from the pressure.

So fuck you for pointing that out and welcome to the forums.
Most Non-Linear editors will have some sort of "de-interlace" option in their export settings.

Basically, your computer monitor shows an entire frame of video at once. So 30 full frames are displayed by your monitor every second. This is called progressive scan. Pretty simple, right?

TVs display a bit differently. Each frame is broken into two subframes, or fields, that are 1/2 the resolution of a frame. A TV screen first draws the even field (all the even scanlines on the TV) and then the odd field. So it shows video at 30 frames per second = 60 fields per second. This method of display is called interlacing.

If an object is moving rapidly across the screen, it won't be at the same position in an even field as it was in the odd field. This creates problems when you try to watch video originally for television on a computer. The computer tries to show both fields at once, which looks fucked up because you're looking at an object that's in two places at one time.

So a de-interlacer's entire job is to somehow blend the two fields so that they look like one nice frame when viewed in progressive scan. There are various methods for doing this, and hopefully whatever you're editing on has got a good deinterlacer.

Two good explanations of this can be found below:

http://neuron2.net/LVG/interlacing.html
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/ (and more specifically, http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guid...ech/video2.htm ).

I'm sure that Matt of NYU fame knows more than me, but that's a good place to start!

Last edited by themire; 01-23-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #84 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by themire View Post
Most Non-Linear editors will have some sort of "de-interlace" option in their export settings. It's really not a terribly difficult concept.

Basically, your computer monitor shows an entire frame of video at once. So 30 full frames are shown every second. Pretty simple, right?

TV displays a bit differently. Each frame is broken into two subframes, or fields, that are 1/2 the resolution of a frame. A TV screen first draws the even field (all the even scanlines on the TV) and then the odd field. So it shows video at 30 frames per second = 60 fields per second.

If an object is moving rapidly across the screen, it won't be at the same position in an even field than it was in the odd field. This creates problems when you try to watch video originally for television on a computer. The computer tries to show both fields at once, which looks really fucked up because you're looking at an object that's in two places at one time.

Two REALLY good explanations of this can be found below:

http://neuron2.net/LVG/interlacing.html
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/ (and more specifically, http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guid...ech/video2.htm ).

I'm sure that Matt of NYU fame knows more than me, but that's a good place to start!

(Although he may scorn video for the beauty of film.....)
Fuuuuuuuuuck yoooooouuuuuu! And welcome to the forums.

And remember, McNally is Canadian. Use smaller words...
Old 12-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themire View Post
And by the way: Technology is NOT hard to learn. Don't listen to the fucking nerds when they tell you it is. IT ISN'T! Just go REALLY SLOWLY through the explanations, and you'll understand the stuff very clearly!
I think I'm doing okay, but I'm starting to understand why old people just say "fuck this" and give up. It's taken me a better part of a month to figure out how to encode mp4s that will play on people's iPods, and I'm still not 100% sure the latest method will work.

On that note, the iPod compatability setting I'm now using is an automated process built into Quicktime Pro, and doing some research I believe it de-interlaces as part of the process. But if it doesn't, I don't wanna fuck with it right away. Any little tiny thing I've changed fucks things up for one kind of iPod or another, so I'll go for stability over lack of scanlines any day.

It's kinda strange that all video encoding doesn't de-interlace as a matter of course, since it sounds like it's only applicable when you put a vid on DVD. Which again, and for a million other little reasons, leads me to think that technology is a bit more complicated than it has to be.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #86 (permalink)

Plays freaking awesome on my iPhone. Must say, I've watched it 3 or 4 times on the phone. Having ready access to that video is worth buying the flawed phone and changing carriers.

I even forced DaH to watch the whole thing again on the phone. Se says "Wow- yeah, that's WAY better than on the 17" computer screen" She can be a sarcastic bitch sometimes. It's why she's so fun to be around. (Oh, and her hotness too...)

But seriously, it works fine for me McNally.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
And remember, McNally is Canadian. Use smaller words...
And for the love of God almighty DO NOT SERVE THIS GENTLEMAN MORE THAN 6 BEERS A DAY!! (or you better have a mop and bucket)

Last edited by Tech007; 05-29-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #88 (permalink)

this was amazing.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #89 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech007 View Post
And for the love of God almighty DO NOT SERVE THIS GENTLEMAN MORE THAN 6 BEERS A DAY!! (or you better have a mop and bucket)
Hey now...that was after $200 of vodka sours.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimplechimp View Post
Wonderful. I laughed so damn hard, and I've been meaning to change my avatar to something awesome and unique-- I believe the many faces of Magic!Keith qualify.
Dude - awesome avatar choice!