Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Hooters waitress Cassie the Pig: Whose side are you on?
Hooters 101 64.33%
Cassie 56 35.67%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I. HATE. STAR WARS:
You sonofabitchen robot.The first one even? Come on.

I'm gonna cry a little, but I will shoot first.

(because I was born in America, duh.)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Let me say it once and spell it out:

I. HATE. STAR WARS:

I've seen them all because they look pretty when you're high or you'rea kid (much like avatar).

My nostalgia for the original trilogy is definitely from childhood. The acting is beyond hammy, the special effects aren't great, and Lucas cannot write a romance or decent dialogue to save his life. But did I squee like a little girl in the last moments of the last film when that helmet gets lowered towards the camera and we see from Vader's perspective? Why yes, yes I did.

Keith, due to "popular demand" KFC is extending the sale of the Double Down through the rest of the summer. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 05-20-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #53 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I dont hate the first one, i have two reviews for it:

Me at age 5, looking STar Wars on the "Big TV" of the house. I sit on my mother knees and use two pens to shoot and go pew pew when the x wings. My father groan this is BULLSHIT. But i like the starships, R2D2, Chewbacca. i fall asleep dreaming

Me at age 20: Jesus fuckin christ what a borefest, gimmie The Matrix. That's a good movie.

Me now: Well, it defnitely looks good and it has some great moments that look great but on the whole the cheesiness is more than the coolness. But if i could catch a BR copy of the empire strikes back... Hmmm Why Not.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #54 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I didn't see Star Wars as a kid, when I saw it later (17+ or so), I didn't really care for it. And the starwards nerds ruin whatever appeal it might have to me as a nerd.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #55 (permalink)

I don't like Star Wars, against type. Lucas was a great technician at some point but he lost it and he was never a good filmmaker.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I don't like Star Wars, against type. Lucas was a great technician at some point but he lost it and he was never a good filmmaker.

No way, I can't agree with that. The original Star Wars, Episode 4, whatever you want to call it was a ground breaking movie. Admittedly, it may not stand up for a modern audience as things have moved on but I feel we have to respect Lucas for creating a whole genre of cinema.

Also, Raiders is a good movie I think and that one does hold up.

BTW, sorry for jumping ship on you back there Standardman.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
No way, I can't agree with that. The original Star Wars, Episode 4, whatever you want to call it was a ground breaking movie. Admittedly, it may not stand up for a modern audience as things have moved on but I feel we have to respect Lucas for creating a whole genre of cinema.

Also, Raiders is a good movie I think and that one does hold up.

BTW, sorry for jumping ship on you back there Standardman.
Like I said, a great technician and important for cinema. But his directing and writing? Godfuckingawful. As a rule, the less involved with Star Wars he is, the better it is.

Raiders is great but Lucas didn't direct it.

Don't worry about it, I wasn't expecting or after any support from the show/community and it doesn't really matter what people who don't know me or Maddie think of myself and Maddie. Just needed to actually talk to Maddie and try and make things more...cordial. It was a little drastic but it kind of needed to be.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
The red wheelbarrow is an absolute shit poem that means absolutely shit until you hear the (supposed) backstory and you get it. This country doctor looking out the window for a brief moment while trying to save a dying girl.

It's apparent garbage with so much subtext.
It's shite and if you believe understanding it changes anything, you are a faker and a snob! Snobby McSnoberson! I have a little saying, what goes up must fall on it's face because of gravity. So get your snobby nose out of the sky before the Earth beats your face! Bam!

Nah, I'm kidding. I added you to my sig, though, for the sake of posterity. You make me laugh, sir, thank you.

*edited to add: That poem seemed dumb, then I read your explanation, and now I think it's hilarious.

Quote:
And, yeah Star Trek's even worse. It's the gay special ed kid.
HA!

Just curious, how did you feel about the new Star Trek? I always loved the Shat, but never cared for the rest, the new JJ Abrahms Star Trek, though, I admit to liking quite a bit.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 05-20-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post

Don't worry about it, I wasn't expecting or after any support from the show/community and it doesn't really matter what people who don't know me or Maddie think of myself and Maddie. Just needed to actually talk to Maddie and try and make things more...cordial. It was a little drastic but it kind of needed to be.
Sorry man, I was actually talking about the fact that I logged out of chat in the middle of our conversation.

I hope you didn't think that I was criticizing you over the thing with Maddie. My intention was certainly not to make you feel bad. I was trying to be supportive, believe it or not. At the risk of poking my nose in where it's not wanted. My advice is to just give it some time.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Sorry man, I was actually talking about the fact that I logged out of chat in the middle of our conversation.

I hope you didn't think that I was criticizing you over the thing with Maddie. My intention was certainly not to make you feel bad. I was trying to be supportive, believe it or not. At the risk of poking my nose in where it's not wanted. My advice is to just give it some time.
Haha, I see! That's fine, I don't want to get between a man and his nurse.

I'm not going to talk about me and Maddie too much but we're trying being twitter friends.