Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Danny and his girlfriend
Thumbs Up 17 23.61%
Thumbs Down 55 76.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1549: Cookie Monster

"The way I'm seein' him eat this cookie; who needs sex?"

http://www.avclub.com/articles/week-of-march-17,70628

www.HellAndHeartaches.com

www.facebook.com/DannyHatchComedy

Last edited by Keith; 03-09-2012 at 07:35 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just listened to the segment, and I actually laughed. I agree, this is a silly video indeed. My friend Craig had just returned from England and brought me a souvenir in the form of Waitrose Digestives. My roommate wanted to see what the big deal was about so we recorded this one random night.

I remember when I first posted this, our KATG pal 36Dee corrected my technique, asserting that I should be using tea! You see, this is a serious issue.

Next time I see Cat I will absolutely put money in the palm of her hand and apologise profusely. I'm gonna leave the video up. Carry on with the funnies.

PS, in spite of me putting my foot in my mouth time and time again, I echo Allison's sentiments regarding 7 years of KATG. I've met a tremendous number of great people*— from across the globe — and The Keith and The Girl Show has been a standby during an altogether strange time in my life.

Last edited by scottperezfox; 03-09-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Actually listened to the episode.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Dan Lawrence is the man. Big Patrice fan. Glad the show was saved.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

What a to-do. Mac crashed AND interface blew up?? I blame Rush Limbaugh and the sun spots he summoned to smite the non-believers. A pox on you both!

The best part of saving this show was being able to hear what happens around the 35 minute mark. "He wouldn't share the cookies he didn't pay for" I like how Patrice and Chemda get wound up into overdrive over the SPF shenanigans. Comedy gold. As per usual.

And Scott - In a yoghurt cup? Really?

I'd also like to echo the comments Allison and Scott have made about the show. I cherish my new, fake internet friends met through this listening to the show and participating in forums and live events. Happy Seven Years one and all. L'Chaim!

Podcast / Audio Geek note: The show recording, made by the my new co-Best Man friend Dan Lawrence, was recovered by a brand new audio tool made by a German x-ray technician. It is truly magical and recovered an otherwise rooned file. It smooths out digital clips like no other device currently on the market. Worth every penny. Look forward to meeting you at the wedding Dan !

http://www.perfectdeclipper.com/

Last edited by Tech007; 03-09-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech007 View Post
Podcast / Audio Geek note: The show recording, made by the my new co-Best Man friend Dan Lawrence, was recovered by a brand new audio tool made by a German x-ray technician. It is truly magical and recovered an otherwise rooned file. It smooths out digital clips like no other device currently on the market. Worth every penny. Look forward to meeting you at the wedding Dan !

http://www.perfectdeclipper.com/
I'm Dan Lawrence (I go by FreydNot on the forums and twitter). Nice save, Tech! My audio was clearly distorted and Perfect DeClipper did a great job cleaning it up.

For those interested, I started auto-recording the shows back when they didn't post Friday's show until late into the weekend. I figured I could record the stream and listen at my leisure. I did that for a bit but lost interest. I turned it into an automatic process before one of the marathon shows. Unfortunately the streaming server was overloaded so my recordings didn't turn out so good (I think the slow, crappy computer I was using was also part of the problem). I finally moved it over to a server at my office which had some extra CPU power available and its been working swell ever since.

I almost always listen to the regular podcast feed for daily shows. My recordings are a backup in case they don't post an episode by the time I want to hear it or times like this where something blows up. The podcast feed is higher quality (the encode bitrate is higher and in stereo) but the live stream is usually very good. I think I am recording from the same server the KATG iPhone app tunes into.

The mic checks can be fun and I feel hearing what everyone had for breakfast really brings me closer. I'm not planning on making a compilation, but if Keith or Chemda want to orchestrate something, I have the raw materials.

I think everyone should listen to a live show at least a few times. It feels like a more personal experience since you hear all of the behind the scenes stuff.

I guess I should get a kickstarter going to raise funds for a Fuxedo and airfare from Seattle to Somerset.

[slurp]I use a virtual Ubuntu server that calls a shell script from a cron job using curl to save the stream to the hard disk[/slurp]

Last edited by FreydNot; 03-10-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: words
Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Most of the clothing here is made in China and a lot of the labels have random shit written under the washing indtructions for no apparent reason. I have one t-shirt whose label ends in "reading is fun"...
Old 03-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreydNot View Post
The mic checks can be fun and I feel hearing what everyone had for breakfast really brings me closer. [/slurp]
Cheers to you, Sir! I'm obsessed with the show, but then I see THIS level of fandom and am blown away. They say that if a time machine ever were to be built, it could only go back to the date it was built. This is unfortunate. I was hoping to go back to 2005 and become a KatG fan. All those years...just wasted. Sad in a way. I didn't DL podcasts until 2009. How is it that all these fans started back in 2005 - 2006. Are you all techs or something?
Old 03-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

20 Something is Nothing

I refuse to vote on this poll. Danny and his gal are both 20. Nothing matters when your 20. Look at Pat Dixon. He got married at 20. Divorce! I would argue the only thing that matters at that age is to avoid STD's and don't develop a drug habit.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hi Keith and Chemda,

Thanks for reading my email on the show and for mentioning my blog. Would love to interview you guys again at some point in the future especially now you've passed the seven year milestone. Come do a show in Ireland sometime. I'm now in Dublin.

Peace, love and KATG,

Mic
Old 03-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I refuse to vote on this poll. Danny and his gal are both 20. Nothing matters when your 20. Look at Pat Dixon. He got married at 20. Divorce! I would argue the only thing that matters at that age is to avoid STD's and don't develop a drug habit.
I like that you're taking a stand and refusing to vote in a poll about my dumb relationship. Relax. The world is laughing around you, join in from time to time.