Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Can you take a joke?
Yes 37 72.55%
No 14 27.45%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree49Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Michael's Servant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,333
2273: Can't You Take a Joke?

with Kliph Nesteroff – The Comedians exposé and joke stealing; Jackie Martling sexually harasses Chemda; Pat Dixon and Mandy Stadtmiller’s public engagement and wedding; the history of comedy and the mob; everyone hates Jackie Mason; Steven Tyler cancels Aerosmith tour for solo career

Guest:
Kliph Nesteroff



Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: England
Posts: 52
So you have him on the show multiple times including setting him up with the Hot Mess girls, and only now you're shitting on him? You've got a genuine grievance, I'm surprised this didn't come up earlier, like before you went to his house and gushed over how great it was.

I think you could call Jackie out for being an old perv without stooping to shitting on his comedy that you've promoted multiple times (maybe more than any other comic this year?).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Jenni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24
Well done Chemda Perfect text response to a shitty entitled sexist attitude.

When I was 18 I worked in an old man bar full of old men perverts. That frozen feeling so familiar. Then the heating up feeling when everyone else around you has moved on and you've thought of a comeback or exactly where you would kick them in the balls. Eughh.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scumhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Uranus
Posts: 19,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
So you have him on the show multiple times including setting him up with the Hot Mess girls, and only now you're shitting on him? You've got a genuine grievance, I'm surprised this didn't come up earlier, like before you went to his house and gushed over how great it was.

I think you could call Jackie out for being an old perv without stooping to shitting on his comedy that you've promoted multiple times (maybe more than any other comic this year?).
INORITE????

Fucking women, so fucking irrational and unreasonable.

I'd been friends with this girl for a while, then one night we got drunk and I raped her. When I was done, she seemed upset for some reason. I said "What - can't you take a fucking joke, you uptight cunt?", and the stupid bitch carried on like I'd said something offensive.

The irony was, her cunt was anything but uptight when I'd finished with her!!!!


Bloody women. Can't live with 'em, and can't even squeeze their arses!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Scumhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Uranus
Posts: 19,798
Jokes aside (take a midol, women), Kliph was a great guest. Funny as fuck, and rolled with the in-joke punches like a pro. K&C did a typically top job balancing guest stuff with KATG stuff. Fucking 11/10.

Will be buyng Kliph's book. If the book's half as good as the author, it'll be a great read.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 13,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
So you have him on the show multiple times including setting him up with the Hot Mess girls, and only now you're shitting on him? You've got a genuine grievance, I'm surprised this didn't come up earlier, like before you went to his house and gushed over how great it was.

I think you could call Jackie out for being an old perv without stooping to shitting on his comedy that you've promoted multiple times (maybe more than any other comic this year?).
We certainly wouldn't want to be disrespectful.

John, you're a moron. I really thought I already explained this to you, and yet you keep having your opinions.
Sparrow likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: England
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We certainly wouldn't want to be disrespectful.

John, you're a moron. I really thought I already explained this to you, and yet you keep having your opinions.
You don't need to jump right to namecalling, it's a perfectly reasonable opinion. If he was always a creepy perv then why keep having him back on? Why introduce him to Andrea and Emily specifically so he can talk about their tits for an hour? If you had a relationship that can be described as friendly, then why shit on him in public? Why not just move on with your lives and cut contact, stop inviting him on and picking up the phone?

Chemda is of course bang-on with her objections to his behaviour and it sounds like she could have called him out earlier with good reason. But I think shitting on his comedy when you guys have been complimentary about him in the past makes you sound a bit hypocritical.

PS, furor(e) is indeed a word.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer
 
Rufio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 991
Really sucks that Chemda had to go through that, but it's ALMOST worth it so that I don't have to keep hearing Jackie interrupt every other episode with some shitty joke. God those call-ins were the worst.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Lanfear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
You don't need to jump right to namecalling, it's a perfectly reasonable opinion. If he was always a creepy perv then why keep having him back on? Why introduce him to Andrea and Emily specifically so he can talk about their tits for an hour? If you had a relationship that can be described as friendly, then why shit on him in public? Why not just move on with your lives and cut contact, stop inviting him on and picking up the phone?
I'm going to take a not so wild guess here and assume money was involved in how often he called in?
I see you are VIP and that is awesome but unfortunately not everybody is able to support that way.

And I would assume he was always low level weird but a) you can't call out everybody for being weird and b) work is work
But even if work is work at some stage a tipping point is reached and blatant groping in public is simply unacceptable.

I can't comment on Andrea & Emilys show as I haven't heard it but they are very clever girls from all I've seen so even if Chemda hadn't given them a heads up (I would guess she did) they are absolutely in charge enough to decide whether they WANT to talk about their tits with somebody.

(Talking about tits is not a bad thing btw, you Americans are too weird about tits in general)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: England
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I'm going to take a not so wild guess here and assume money was involved in how often he called in?
I see you are VIP and that is awesome but unfortunately not everybody is able to support that way.

And I would assume he was always low level weird but a) you can't call out everybody for being weird and b) work is work
But even if work is work at some stage a tipping point is reached and blatant groping in public is simply unacceptable.

I can't comment on Andrea & Emilys show as I haven't heard it but they are very clever girls from all I've seen so even if Chemda hadn't given them a heads up (I would guess she did) they are absolutely in charge enough to decide whether they WANT to talk about their tits with somebody.

(Talking about tits is not a bad thing btw, you Americans are too weird about tits in general)
So you reckon that Jackie was paying up for his calls and plugs? If so I get KATG's support a bit more then, that makes a kind of sense.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger