Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhian View Post
You don't.
Talking as a patient,
most of you know what I am going through with pain. If not, please ask or read the blog link below perhaps.

This news is so disgusting, scary and horrible.

I have been told by doctors that I need to be on chemo, anti malarials etc which I am so far refusing, I am in debilitating pain where I can't work, or drive even, and pretty much bedridden. But take my quality of life and turn me into a zombie - and or - make me sicker from these drugs, what is that?

This new drug is another one that makes patients comatose - and it so very god damn dangerous.

If I am comatose, then that is the equivalent of plugging me into a wall. Not interested.

Big pharma can fuck itself - too much danger and damage, and this one can easily go wrong. Far far too wrong.

I'd rather die, and it wasn't worth my fighting all this time. (read 2009, I almost didn't make it out of.)

Again feel free to ask questions, or read my link for what I'm going through.
My stupid joking aside, I'm sorry Rhi. It's a dangerous and ill thought-out treatment. My thoughts (and alluring buttocks) are with you.

I'd also recommend reading her blog but everyone here already does, right?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

This is nothing more than FDA/drug company/war on drugs - hysteria over a new version of E/GHB etc.

Used in small quantities this is fun. In large quantities in can be a date drug. Or a pathetic attempt at cashing in on FM/Lupus blah blah.

FUD bait. Don't feed the trolls. Eat your vegetables and sit down at the dinner table. Pass the gravy.

Rhi - love you babe. Please take care. <hugs>
Old 08-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #13 (permalink)

thats not a new drug, its GHB, its been around for a minute and yes it does have a history of use as a date rape drug
Old 08-07-2010, 01:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Might be old history but it's being presented in a new, more dangerous form, trying to cath the fybromalgia patients in.

Also, who gives a flying fuck if it is new or not?
Old 08-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #15 (permalink)

New info on the subject:

PubMed Health - Sodium Oxybate

Yes, apparently is GHB, in a new format. That doesnt make it more acceptable.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

I don't understand the controversy. isn't there a potential for all new drugs to be abused?
also there is talk of it being "dangerous" and "addicting", i'm pretty sure in high enough doses all drugs are like this so what's special about this one?
Old 08-07-2010, 03:58 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -John- View Post
I don't understand the controversy. isn't there a potential for all new drugs to be abused?
also there is talk of it being "dangerous" and "addicting", i'm pretty sure in high enough doses all drugs are like this so what's special about this one?
This is supposed to be pharmaceutical drg (not an illegal one) and it's based on GBH which is renowened for it' date rape uses.

They're basically pushing a pain killer with very dangerous side effects, exploiting the extreme pains thorugh which fybromalgia (and other type of illnesses) patients go through, in order to sell it.

Do you understand the concept of date rape drugs? Is there nothing special about it?

Wake up.

ADD: Also if you dont see the controversy in a drug that is PROVEN to have the high chance to make the patiece nearly comnatose but it's being pushed by pharmaceutical compoany, who love to use people in extreme pain as a lab rat for their experiments, using doctors as sale puppets... then really i dont know what else i can explain to you.

This is similar, if not worse than what psychiatrist have been doing for years, fabricating drugs that are highly addictive and sometimes deadly, putting them on the market without enough testing, and using doctors to sell them, even to people that do not need them. You dont have to abuse that type of stuff to be in danger. 2 doctors out of three will have a contract with a pharm company and prescribe you the medicine. You take a few and you're in danger or have an addiction.

But who gives a shit right. As long as the new iphone is out.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 08-07-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Do you understand the concept of date rape drugs? Is there nothing special about it?

Wake up.
Drugs are dangerous. We know.

FMS/Lupus is bad. We know.

This stuff CAN help people with severe insomnia IF dosed right under medical supervision.

GHB as a date rape drug is not as serious as it's abuse by sports nuts and young adults. PANIC! This led to hysteria in DEA circles. PANIC! Our KIDS are being RAPED!!

In most rape cases the victim was using E/GBH recreationally. To summarise (VERY briefly) "This study also confirmed that DFSA is more of a problem due to the subject’s own drug use, rather than surreptitious drugging by the perpetrator."

Witness the rape drug detector cards going on sale everywhere. Suggestion - Don't hang out in places like that and pick some better freinds, will ya?
Old 08-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

You're stating thios under the belief that "medical superv ision" is generally directed towards the patient health. Fake.

The majority of doctors prescribe medicine after being abbundantly bribed by pharm companies, and give the patients very loose restrictions on the dosage.

Psychiatry is a good example. when i was treated for depression, my psychiatrist diagnosed me as bi-polar and prescribed some "experimental" meds to me.

I discovered afterwards that said medds werent absolutely necessary for most cases, highly addictive and said doctor was prescribing them to most of his patients, with little or no correlation to their problems. He was acting (as many of his colleaugues) as a dealer for the company.

I still have to take said meds daily to avoid withdrawal.

Whi9le learning this, i discovered that a lot of doctors act in the same way when it comes to painkillers and sleep-aid. The patients are in such pain tthat they would take anything to stop it. The doctors exploit that and sell drugs with strong side effects (like this) thatmake the patients almost comatose even at small doses.

Also Date Rape isnt limited to "places like that". Even a small amount of research will show that it still occurs in common hang outs and wit a recurring frequency.

The "recreational drug" aspect of it also destroys the credibility of the victim (and a lot of lawyers win cases with that)

But let's put that aside. The main point is that this is another example of Pharm companies using ill people as guinea pigs. Shall we give up and say that it happens and cannot be stopped? Or deny that a drug that turns people into vegetables is bad because it "could be helpful"

Fuck that.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #20 (permalink)

I've never even heard of fibro, does it have a different name in other countries?