Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #2361 (permalink)
fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
FUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUU!

welcome to the forums
Thank you kind Sir.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #2362 (permalink)

GOG.com have a sale on this weekend Beyond Good and Evil and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time in a pack for $9.99 great games, everyone should play them if you haven't already.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:00 AM   #2363 (permalink)

super mario sunshine, pretty fun game
Old 08-23-2009, 03:53 AM   #2364 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
1 Vs. 100, after one game.. I'm pretty much addicted

we should set up a katg thing, dunno how big the party can get though?

Old 08-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #2365 (permalink)

Guild Wars 2 looks pretty damn spectacular!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #2366 (permalink)

Batman: Arkham Asylum is only $38.83 in Canada between the 25th and 27th. Get it before it goes up to normal price again.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:36 AM   #2367 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Buncha casual games lately.. TalisMania, stuff like that. Been too hot to run the Xbox.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #2368 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogbear63 View Post
Champions Online is just meh so far, I'll probably wrap up the open beta and return my preorder.
my Q]|[ clan has some peeps into this, they say the MMORPG part is good, they are experienced with w0w, GW, Eve, etc.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #2369 (permalink)

I got a free week's rental at a new place in Manchester - picked up Mirror's Edge and I've just finished it (with the no shooting achievement and all the bags).

While I enjoyed the free running, the beautiful yet unnerving city and the feeling of a physical body (rather than a tripod on a hovercraft), I hated the combat.

The last thing I want while exploring and moving through a clean, bright city is to be told HURRY UP OR WE'LL STOP YOU BEING ABLE TO PLAY AND RESTART YOU WITH OUR ARBITRARY CHECKPOINTING. Yes, I know than I can disarm them or kick/punch them but it's not why I bought the game and it felt like a tagged on excuse to force you through the level.

The story was utter nonsense too - I would have liked the delivery of information thing to have been explored, rather than spending my time trying to run up to a man and kick him in his armoured face while he slips a submachine in my ear. Oh and there's even a boss fight where I have to beat someone up, rather than use my free running to, say, out run them.

Perhaps it was a panicked move to put shooting into a puzzle game so it could sell to the Call of Duty/Halo/Gears of War market but it felt like the developers lost sight of what made their game stand out in the first place.

Regardless, I mostly liked it and I hope for an improved sequel - I really wanted to do the Sands of Time thing, though.

Last edited by standardman; 08-23-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #2370 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I got a free week's rental at a new place in Manchester - picked up Mirror's Edge and I've just finished it (with the no shooting achievement and all the bags).

While I enjoyed the free running, the beautiful yet unnerving city and the feeling of a physical body (rather than a tripod on a hovercraft), I hated the combat.

The last thing I want while exploring and moving through a clean, bright city is to be told HURRY UP OR WE'LL STOP YOU BEING ABLE TO PLAY AND RESTART YOU WITH OUR ARBITRARY CHECKPOINTING. Yes, I know than I can disarm them or kick/punch them but it's not why I bought the game and it felt like a tagged on excuse to force you through the level.

The story was utter nonsense too - I would have liked the delivery of information thing to have been explored, rather than spending my time trying to run up to a man and kick him in his armoured face while he slips a submachine in my ear. Oh and there's even a boss fight where I have to beat someone up, rather than use my free running to, say, out run them.

Perhaps it was a panicked move to put shooting into a puzzle game so it could sell to the Call of Duty/Halo/Gears of War market but it felt like the developers lost sight of what made their game stand out in the first place.

Regardless, I mostly liked it and I hope for an improved sequel - I really wanted to do the Sands of Time thing, though.
I couldn't even finish that game the shooting made me so mad.