Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 02-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #3141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I could say that even after all those years HL2 is probably as close to a perfect game as you can play.

It has the putrid yet perfecytly clean atmosphere down pat (That atmosphere thatp's omnipresent in District 9's Johannisburg)

It doesnt have a dull moment. It goes like rocket on coffe from the first scene to the ending.

It still looks cool as hell.

And, mostly, it has the most simple yet inhumanly cool playable main charcter in the story of gaming. Valve makes you a silent unassuming being but makes you do incredibly intelligent yet uber-brutal stuff. You blow up stuff, but you always do it in a clever and hilarious way (my favourites are still freeing the road from obstacles with the gravity gun, or smashing people to a pulp with a working crane...)

Freeman has zero stuff yet is the ultimate badass with a simple croiwbar and a few crates.

Also, alyx has a nice ass.
damn you dude. i kept jumping in and out of the thought of playing this game for the same reason. i'd play the whole thing over again. favorite part is the spider walker in the tunnel and you're running away and kind of shooting and its like an action movie.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #3142 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
damn you dude. i kept jumping in and out of the thought of playing this game for the same reason. i'd play the whole thing over again. favorite part is the spider walker in the tunnel and you're running away and kind of shooting and its like an action movie.
A sci-fi action movies but conceived by ironic sci-fi geeks.
Splatting zombies by dropping giant cars on them. Using the gravity gun to rearrange the roads and drive ultrafast. walking on an eiffel like tower, while branding a rocket launcher.

Per-fect
Old 02-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #3143 (permalink)

Quote:
I could say that even after all those years HL2 is probably as close to a perfect game as you can play.

It has the putrid yet perfecytly clean atmosphere down pat (That atmosphere thatp's omnipresent in District 9's Johannisburg)

It doesnt have a dull moment. It goes like rocket on coffe from the first scene to the ending.

It still looks cool as hell.

And, mostly, it has the most simple yet inhumanly cool playable main charcter in the story of gaming. Valve makes you a silent unassuming being but makes you do incredibly intelligent yet uber-brutal stuff. You blow up stuff, but you always do it in a clever and hilarious way (my favourites are still freeing the road from obstacles with the gravity gun, or smashing people to a pulp with a working crane...)

Freeman has zero stuff yet is the ultimate badass with a simple croiwbar and a few crates.

Also, alyx has a nice ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
Quote:
A sci-fi action movies but conceived by ironic sci-fi geeks.
Splatting zombies by dropping giant cars on them. Using the gravity gun to rearrange the roads and drive ultrafast. walking on an eiffel like tower, while branding a rocket launcher.

Per-fect
Half-Life 2 just got so much right. Even though the technology has been surpassed, I still think that HL2 + episodes are the definitive statement on the linear FPS.

Funny you should mention District 9, the first thing I thought when I saw both that and Children of Men was 'looks like Half Life 2', I wouldn't be surprised if they were influenced by it.

Last edited by standardman; 02-22-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #3144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Funny you should mention District 9, the first thing I thought when I saw both that and Children of Men was 'looks like Half Life 2', I wouldn't be surprised if they were influenced by it.
totally.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #3145 (permalink)

Am I the only person in the world that just couldn't get into Half-Life 2, even though I loved the first one?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #3146 (permalink)

What was it that you had a hard time getting into?

I think you might be the only one, dude.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #3147 (permalink)

just wondering if there are any people that own and play their Wii regularly?

moreso if anyone plays Tatsunoko vs. Capcom regularly or at least owns it?

would love to play against some people
Old 02-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #3148 (permalink)

Episode 3 plzkthx
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #3149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81 View Post
What was it that you had a hard time getting into?

I think you might be the only one, dude.
I don't really know exactly. I started it ages ago and made it to Ravenholm, then stopped. Then I started it again and played a pretty significant chunk of it, I believe. (Right after I wrote that last sentence, I went and looked at the synopsis to see how close I was to finishing it. I was about a half-hour away. Huh.) I just kept playing it, trying to complete it, but feeling like I was just kind of floating through it and not feeling engaged somehow. I just remember being glued to my monitor when I played through the original Half-Life back in the day.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #3150 (permalink)

I wanted to play some Halo 3 online for the first time in a while, but when i tried it says i have to buy all of the new maps before i can! Does it bother anyone else that a game you spent almost $60 on won't let you play the best part unless you pay thirty or forty more dollars?