Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #3341 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Please tell me more about this. What i've seen is quite interesting, so if the price lowers i might buy it.

I've read that it's very stealth-based... Is it?
it depends on how you play it. if you want to play stealth you can, buy silenced weapons and stealth armor. i played it pretty much like any other FPS. i never played the STALKER games but from others that have played both say that STALKER is better mainly cause its non-linear. there are a few side quests that are out there that you will only complete if you take your time and try to explore every part of the levels.

metro has DLC in the works right now, shouldnt be too long before its out. plus since the metro 2034 book has been released, pretty much leaves it open for another game.

bad things about metro is that you never fully understand whats going on unless you read the book and there can be lots of bugs of some installs of the game. i was lucky enough to not see any at all, but look at any forum for this game and youll see plenty of threads relating to bugs/glitches.

good things about it are its very good looking, i ran it with my i5, 6g ram, 4850HD, 1920x1080 res, AAx4 and got around 20-30 fps. that can seem low at times but its not a fast pased game, you take your time exploring, youre never constantly fighting with the exception of 1-2 levels, the load times are almost non-existent (10-20 sec and youre getting some of the story while you wait) which is insane for a game nowadays.

so far ive only played it once and i missed alot of things. avg length of the game is ~8 hours.

Last edited by Borknagar; 03-24-2010 at 07:01 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #3342 (permalink)

It seems everytime I open Team Fortress 2 these days, I end up on Prop Hunt. Hilarious stuff and in the spirit of the parent game.

I'm guessing Left 4 Dead 2 will have a free weekend when the DLC is launched. Let me know how Metro 2033 is.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #3343 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post

Just Cause 2 doesnt convince me. I'll wait.
Ive played the xbox and pc demos of JC2, the controller makes all the difference in this game.

i couldnt get enough of the xbox version, i wanted to play more than the allotted 30 min limit. for the pc using keyboard and mouse, i was done in 5 mins.

so id say if you were to get it, buy it for pc for the better graphics and get a controller.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #3344 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borknagar View Post
Ive played the xbox and pc demos of JC2, the controller makes all the difference in this game.

i couldnt get enough of the xbox version, i wanted to play more than the allotted 30 min limit. for the pc using keyboard and mouse, i was done in 5 mins.

so id say if you were to get it, buy it for pc for the better graphics and get a controller.
3rd person shooters are one of the few genres I play with a controller on PC. You can get a dongle on the PC that lets you use a wireless 360 pad with it, works a treat.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #3345 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
3rd person shooters are one of the few genres I play with a controller on PC. You can get a dongle on the PC that lets you use a wireless 360 pad with it, works a treat.
very true but ive played other 3rd person games on the PC with keyboard and mouse and its fine, (dead space, GTA vice city, assassins creed) but this one is almost needed to get the full effect of it.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #3346 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borknagar View Post
very true but ive played other 3rd person games on the PC with keyboard and mouse and its fine, (dead space, GTA vice city, assassins creed) but this one is almost needed to get the full effect of it.
Yeah it's a preference thing really. You don't usually need the kind of accuracy that an FPS demands.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #3347 (permalink)

Darksiders

Just started Darksiders on 360 last night. Seems really cool - I had to pick between starting that or Res Evil 5 but remember Res Evil 4 taking me a while to finish. I'm also playing on normal which is not normal for me, I usually pick the hard level to... I don't know why, to brag to myself? My wife couldn't give a shit that I beat Gears 2 on Insane. But on normal I can hopefully get through the game in a reasonable time frame so I don't get frustrated and bored with it. My gaming sessions are limited to 30mins to 2 hours tops once or twice a week.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #3348 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81 View Post
Just started Darksiders on 360 last night. Seems really cool - I had to pick between starting that or Res Evil 5 but remember Res Evil 4 taking me a while to finish. I'm also playing on normal which is not normal for me, I usually pick the hard level to... I don't know why, to brag to myself? My wife couldn't give a shit that I beat Gears 2 on Insane. But on normal I can hopefully get through the game in a reasonable time frame so I don't get frustrated and bored with it. My gaming sessions are limited to 30mins to 2 hours tops once or twice a week.
I liked Darksiders, it really opens up after a while. Hope you enjoy Zelda.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #3349 (permalink)

That was one of the lures for me - I haven't played the latest Wii Zelda game and I loved the artwork and style of Darksiders. I just think its funny that you can throw a table and get 3 souls from it. Trees really are alive.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #3350 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81 View Post
That was one of the lures for me - I haven't played the latest Wii Zelda game and I loved the artwork and style of Darksiders. I just think its funny that you can throw a table and get 3 souls from it. Trees really are alive.
The art style was only real problem with the game, so if you like that, you'll love Darksiders. I beat the shit out of many parking meters.