Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #3371 (permalink)

Finished 'Heavy Rain' last week and loved it. Now I'm on a retro kick with 'Cave Story' and 'Mega Man 10' on the Wii. Both very awesome games if you like the old school stuff.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #3372 (permalink)

Just bought GOW3 and am jizzing in my pants waiting to try it out.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #3373 (permalink)

25% off Plants vs Zombies on PC and Macs, BUY IT ALREADY! It's $14.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
A) I WANT BLACK MESA! NOW! (I would also like ep 3, but i dont want to think about that)

B) Torchlight is amazing. I started playing with it to enjoy a simnple Diablo clone but it's so incredibly pleasant and delicious! And it also goes at an insane speed, qhich is refreshing for an RPG. On par with King's Bounty, also another joyous RPG (although with a completely different style)
It's a race! The Black Mesa developers emulated Valve a little too closely.

Two great games that do similar things to old genres - such a pleasure to live in an era where PC gaming is thriving (yeah, you heard me).
Old 03-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #3374 (permalink)

The GOTY Edition trailer really made me want to try Batman again. I did about 3 or 4 bosses and, as always happens with every game I play ever, forgot about it. Might have to Lovefilm it again.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #3375 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadwolrab View Post
The GOTY Edition trailer really made me want to try Batman again. I did about 3 or 4 bosses and, as always happens with every game I play ever, forgot about it. Might have to Lovefilm it again.
Great game, first one to get the feel of Batman right.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #3376 (permalink)

PAX East Panel: Creating a World of Horror 3/27/10 11:13AM PST, 3/27/10 11:13AM PST DeadSpace on USTREAM. Gaming Entertainment

Dead Space 2 footage at 23:50.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #3377 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post

Two great games that do similar things to old genres - such a pleasure to live in an era where PC gaming is thriving (yeah, you heard me).
I agree with youy, but it's the underground pc gaming world that's triving. The big sellers are still the Modern Warfares, Assassin creeds, and so on.

BUt yeah, on a whole i have to thank you for making me re-discover gaming, an easy way to get games without ovewrpaying them and discover a lot of marvelous gems i wouldnt have known if i didnt follow your reccomendations.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #3378 (permalink)

I just tried out Bioshock for my first time...
and I don't really care for it.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #3379 (permalink)

Quote:
A) I WANT BLACK MESA! NOW! (I would also like ep 3, but i dont want to think about that)

B) Torchlight is amazing. I started playing with it to enjoy a simnple Diablo clone but it's so incredibly pleasant and delicious! And it also goes at an insane speed, qhich is refreshing for an RPG. On par with King's Bounty, also another joyous RPG (although with a completely different style)
checking out king's bounty, it looks pretty great.

i'm having trouble walking away from my Torchlight gaming sessions. I get all these plans in my head to do a million things and have to talk myself down and try to get some work done/do things in real life.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #3380 (permalink)

Uh, wow. Thanks for linking.

Quote:
I agree with youy, but it's the underground pc gaming world that's triving. The big sellers are still the Modern Warfares, Assassin creeds, and so on.

BUt yeah, on a whole i have to thank you for making me re-discover gaming, an easy way to get games without ovewrpaying them and discover a lot of marvelous gems i wouldnt have known if i didnt follow your reccomendations.
Very true, and it's amusing that the huge games (more accurately, the publishers of huge games) are showing open contempt for the format they look (and usually play) best on thanks to money. I think the next few years will be interesting as the gap widens. It's a great time for small(er), underground and old games on the format. Which reminds me, I have a txt file full of things to try that I should get to.

Aw thanks man, always happy to evangelise about gaming; the best possible thing to hear is someone finding a game they never would have heard of and loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I just tried out Bioshock for my first time...
and I don't really care for it.
What's putting you off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
checking out king's bounty, it looks pretty great.

i'm having trouble walking away from my Torchlight gaming sessions. I get all these plans in my head to do a million things and have to talk myself down and try to get some work done/do things in real life.
King's Bounty is beautiful, funny and surprisingly deep - I can't recommend it enough. I played it though most of the marathon podcast while listening in.

Torchlight really hits that Diablo 'just one more room' note. I can lose hours without noticing after just going in to finish off a quest. I kinda want a dog in Diablo 3.