Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 07-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #5371 (permalink)

Yesterday I put down some cash to preorder the next PvZ Garden Warfare, Tombraider, and Fallout 4. I'm not into fps but the zombie part of the new COD looks pretty cool, reminded me of bioshock.

I bought fallout 4 based solely on what I saw at e3. I've never played any fallout game before (I know 3 is the one everyone goes nuts over).

On vacation this week so I'm gonna try to get into Luminocity on Steam which is a sequel to a beautiful puzzle game. Looks like this one is even more gorgeous. I've also got a ten hour demo/pass/whatever to Dragon Age Inquisition so I might finally check that out.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:36 AM   #5372 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
Yesterday I put down some cash to preorder the next PvZ Garden Warfare, Tombraider, and Fallout 4. I'm not into fps but the zombie part of the new COD looks pretty cool, reminded me of bioshock.

I bought fallout 4 based solely on what I saw at e3. I've never played any fallout game before (I know 3 is the one everyone goes nuts over).

On vacation this week so I'm gonna try to get into Luminocity on Steam which is a sequel to a beautiful puzzle game. Looks like this one is even more gorgeous. I've also got a ten hour demo/pass/whatever to Dragon Age Inquisition so I might finally check that out.

Please do yourself a favor: DO NOT PREORDER GAMES

There is no longer a need to give your money away to a company well in advance of their product release. It's all digital, so there's no need to 'reserve' your copy of game. Pre-ordering just separates you from your capital with upside or benefit.

I could go on and on about the laziness of companies and other such absurdities, but I'll stop here.

Have fun playing your games; Dragon Age is amazing!

-
It's all a lie...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:11 AM   #5373 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I'll be preordering CoD. I love Treyarch compared to IW. Sledgehammer's spin on CoD was ok.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #5374 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I recently got a PS4 for my birthday with The Last of Us, Mortal Kombat X, The Order 1866 and Bloodborne. I had also won a copy of Infamous: Second Son last year so I'll finally be able to play that.

Started on The Last of Us and really like it so far (about 3-4 hours in) - I'm a big fan of the Uncharted series and this fits the same mold pretty much.

I really want to check out the other games but I have a habit of sticking to one game till I finish it. Being a full time worker and father, this means I might get to try the next game in a couple months!

I still have my PS3 and GTAV still to finish but now that I've started TLOS I don't know if I'll go back to finish it now.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #5375 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Dear View Post

There is no longer a need to give your money away to a company well in advance of their product release. It's all digital, so there's no need to 'reserve' your copy of game. Pre-ordering just separates you from your capital with upside or benefit.

I could go on and on about the laziness of companies and other such absurdities, but I'll stop here.

Have fun playing your games; Dragon Age is amazing!

-
It's all a lie...
I don't do it to ensure I get the game, i do it cause I know myself and I probably will hem and haw over spending 60$ on a game. This way, I've spent $60 already and when these games come out my brain can rationalize it like "oh, it's only $40!" I have to fool myself sometimes...
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #5376 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Dear View Post

There is no longer a need to give your money away to a company well in advance of their product release. It's all digital, so there's no need to
I don't think anyone thinks that anymore, despite the marketing of some companies. I preorder games I know I will when I know I want the pre-order offers they give. There surely are plenty of games that have fucked us with broken products lately, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Arkam Knight, but not every publisher is guilty of this.
Last game I pre-ordered was PersonaQ for the tarot cards and 3DS carrier. Next game I will pre-order is Persona 4 Dancing All Knight for the DLC, Vita carrying case and game OST.

The companies fucking over consumers have gernallly been the biggest riches guys, EA, WB, who release yearly titles and rushed content. I pretty much only pre-order JRPGs. Those don't get patches
iheartnihilism likes this.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #5377 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Also I started playing Final Fantasy X-2. At first I thought I'd made a huge mistake, as Yuna jumped into the air and shot her useless bullets down at the goons just because it looked cool, and as the plot and writing started cringe-worthy. But once I got 3 new Dresspheres and was fighting more than talking it was all good.

Almost maxed out Black Mage, Gunner and Warrior and Gun Mage. Need to power through so I can take on the Monster Arena and get my Psychicer Dressphere
Old 07-20-2015, 09:54 PM   #5378 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Anyone have, (or know where to find) the code for MewTwo/ WiiU Smash Bros?
Old 07-21-2015, 01:16 AM   #5379 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
This page has a bunch of codes
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Kittens
Old 07-21-2015, 09:54 PM   #5380 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I would really really REALLY like it if anyone has an answer, BESIDES Scum...