Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a child molester?
Yes 2 0.93%
No 214 99.07%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
Work on accepting who you are. That's what things like support groups, counseling, and (in some cases) medications are for. But there is no instant gratification in that. Hence my original comment about cowardliness.
Dude, what? "Just work on it"? That's not a fucking solution. It's not "who" you are. It's your very thoughts. You want your brain to shut up for two seconds but it won't stop. It's just an endless factory of shit you can't stand.

This is what I'm talking about. Everybody in your head wouldn't commit suicide if they just went to a group and talked to some people. That's so fucked.
Quote:
So the teenager would really mean it if only she could get her hands on a shotgun?
Seriously, dipshit? Are you going to play stupid to stick to your point? Tons of people pick prolonged forms of suicide, start doing them, and set up the circumstances to make sure they are stopped. Like taking pills and telling somebody you took pills. Like slicing wrists. These are not effective forms of suicide. There's a reason teenagers like to cut rather than hang themselves: the latter gets the job done.

It's not that hard to get a gun in high school. Kids who want guns get their hands on them. Funny how that's available, but people still choose to cut wrists.
Quote:
But I can use them as a barometer for mental illness, and that's behind every suicide.
Not the kind that causes suicide, obviously. A pedophile is also mentally ill, but he's not indicative of the mindset of people who killed themselves.
Quote:
See my first response in this post.
Where you didn't get the point either.
Quote:
The same situation as everyone else who has problems -- probably the same problems thousands of others have, only only their thought process is irrational.
That's quite a way to back out. How about this: people who kill themselves all have the same problems as people who kill themselves, who all have enough problems to kill themselves.

You try to say "everybody has problems and they get over it", but a fair bit of everybody kills themselves.

I think it pretty much sums up your stance when I point out that you've judged how hard a thing is to go through despite having zero familiarity with it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I think it pretty much sums up your stance when I point out that you've judged how hard a thing is to go through despite having zero familiarity with it.
Ok, you win.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #93 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

When Hitler killed himself, now THAT was cowardly.

Some teenager that is struggling with his own sexuality (which unfortunately is a huge deal on its own) and becomes humiliated in front of all his peers and thinks there is just no hope to live a normal life and decides death is the best solution...I don't see that as being afraid to live, more like there is nothing to live for.

And I don't think mental illness is an overall blanket statement for anyone who has committed suicide. I think most suicides are the result of a person that could really use help but isn't getting it. There are many people in that situation, and do other things to cope, suicide is just a more perminent solution than drinking your life away every night or eating your emotions until you weigh 400lbs or beating your kids.

I am a VERY positive person. I look for how to fix things and would not consider suicide as a viable option but I can certainly see how others could. Do I agree with it? no. Do I try to show understanding? I think that is the most helpful route. I also believe in euthanasia under certain circumstances.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #94 (permalink)

The suicide of hitler wasnt only cowardly, it was one of the most creepy examples of how rotten his (already damaged) brain had gone.

Apparently his already unstable mind was also diseased by alzheimer, so when he was failing hard he started oprdering suicide missions, not really getting what was going on. Then he basically went into the incoherent rage outbursts of senile dementia, forced his staff to euthanize themselves and their children (and i still dont get this, even in a desperate situation). Killed his "lover" and shot himself.

Even the most analytical biographer of the man (Joachim Fest, on which books the good movie "Downfall" was based=) says that his finalf self destruction was pure insanity, even compared to the whole series of atrocity he committed.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slampokes View Post
AHAHAHAHAH who is the ONE person that said they were a child molester?! hahahahhaa

Well, prison inmates do have internet access. I'm just sayin'
Old 10-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #96 (permalink)

There's another young suicide victim in the news now. A 13 year old girl texted a topless photo of herself to a boy she liked, and he passed it around to everyone. She hung herself.

How a cell phone picture led to girl's suicide - CNN.com
Old 10-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
There's another young suicide victim in the news now. A 13 year old girl texted a topless photo of herself to a boy she liked, and he passed it around to everyone. She hung herself.

How a cell phone picture led to girl's suicide - CNN.com
I wonder if our current generation of teens is romantacising suicide? I don't know why it seems there has been a rash of them lately.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
I wonder if our current generation of teens is romantacising suicide? I don't know why it seems there has been a rash of them lately.
Perhaps some are, but the majority probably just haven't developed the coping skills necessary to handle the emotional stress they encounter. I'm not blaming them for it, but many suicides that have occurred were probably preventable.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #99 (permalink)

Unfortunately there have always been young suicides. We just have 24 hour news cycles to fill now, and instant internet reporting so stories can go across the world in moments.

For instance, ten years ago no one would've ever known about that girl in Bosnia killing tiny puppies by hurling them sadistically into a river, and there was no 4chan to hunt her down and identify her.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
there was no 4chan
I wish I could go back to this time.