Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do we need jails?
Yes 96 98.97%
No 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree75Likes

Old 02-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

1932: Art $tar

with Lauren Hennessy, Michael Khalili, and Marisela Arias

https://twitter.com/laurenhennessy

https://twitter.com/michaelapproved

https://twitter.com/mariselanow

Share this episode: Art $tar (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

We absolutely need jails and prisons for the violent offenders.

A solitary holding cell is a great place for people to sober up.

What Johnny did was trespassing and criminal mischief. If he's smart he'll stay away and not get into more trouble.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm so sorry this has happened to you, Chemda. And Lauren, and everyone that reached out to try to help Jonnie.

I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you to go through and I hope it is all resolved positively really soon. Getting screwed over by a stranger is one thing but having someone so close to you turn in this way is truly heartbreaking.

Please know that you have many, many, many people who love and care for you and only want good things for you.

xx
Old 02-27-2014, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

The closer the person, the more bitter and painful the betrayal.

I'm not sure if atheists believe in karma or its non-Goddy equivalent, but hopefully there'll be some reaping of what was sown on both sides.

One side opened up their home & hearts.
The other side repaid the kindness with theft, vandalism and cuntyness.

I hope both sides get what's coming to them.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm so sorry this happened to you and Lauren,Chemda. Horrible to hear such beautiful people being mistreated by someone they cared for. You two can't even say something wrong about a person and shit like this happens.

Here's hoping the house gets sold and all the bad juju is gone.
VividRave likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Ol Johnny Con$-A-Lot

You know who really knows the value of a bicycle? Broke artists. Man, every broke artist I know rides a bike! You're telling me an artist threw away a perfectly good bike??

Also, when I look at this 'art' I don't see Jonnie's graffiti "My art is more important than your walls" I see the premise for Banksy's book Wall and Piece being stolen and plagiarized.

Jonnie sure is an artist. A CON artist.

Do we need jails? I wish we didn't, but unfortunately selfish people, (like Jonnie) take advantage of big hearted, empathetic, and caring people like Chemda and Lauren. Super-fuck him.
VividRave and Marisela like this.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Jonnie almost made me forget to congratulate Keith and Cat on the green card!

Worst. Artist. Human. Ever.
VividRave likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

If your going to vandalize by tagging someones wall at least make it look good, that their looks like shit
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

What a shitty thing to have to deal with. I'm keeping a good thought for you guys, Chemda and Lauren.

Jonnie's behavior has the earmarks of some sort of organic mental breakdown in my opinion. My twin brother painted some graffiti of a similar nature on the walls of his room before he killed himself in 2006. He was 22. We never knew why he did it or could come up with any specific reason for his death. He led a pretty normal life. I ate lunch with him almost everyday. He was pretty introverted at times though. I don't know if Jonnie was that way at all.

The only thing I could come up with is that my bro had some sort of mental breakdown that erupted in odd writings on his walls and in some notebooks I found in his car from that day.

My point is that Jonnie may have had something similar happen where he sort-of imploded and lashed out somewhat uncontrollably. This would explain why he would do something that would effect Chemda and Lauren in such a negative way. It is possible that he wasn't thinking at all and having some sort of psychiatric episode. I absolutely am not saying he isn't responsible for his actions. I was just reminded of what I went through with my brother and was thinking it might help to share. It made no sense to me that my brother would put our family through that. He loved us unconditionally. Maybe this will help you guys take it less personally.

-Marc
flerchin likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

Maybe I'm totally out of line saying this, but I had a bad run-in with Jonnie at last year's KATG events.

I'm not sure what night it was, but I was tripping hard on some 'shrooms.

I was outside and –*clearly –*not in my right mind.

Jonnie and his friend completely roasted me. After it was made obvious what state of mind I was in, he and his friend continued to burn me.

I'm usually the first one okay with people laughing WITH and AT me. I also believe that mushrooms help me see the world with a little more clarity.

So, without anymore empirical evidence than this, I didn't like Jonnie.

I felt as if I were being attacked.

However, because of how Chemda and Lauren have talked about Jonnie, I chalked it up to the fact that I "couldn't see clearly."

I am so sorry that this happened to Chemda and Lauren. Yet, based on my gut instinct, I can't say that this is much of a surprise.