Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
You actually made the right decision there. They admitted to rushing the end of the first game because they figured only a few people would get to it. Do you have Crysis? Technically, that's the real sequel to Far Cry but this game looks great.
sadly, I only ever played it as a demo in Best Buy one lonely day and was really into it, but never actually followed through on getting it. Nah, no crisis. Although I did see farcry for the wii and was tempted to get it, but got Twilight Princess instead
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #132 (permalink)

The console versions of the original Far Cry should be avoided. This isn't the keyboard/mouse + pad thing; they're just different games and the console was is pretty bad.

Zelda, however, is awesome!

I find it weird that the 'evil' sequels, Fear 2 and Far Cry, where the producer has the rights to the name but the developers are not involved are actually looking like great games.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #133 (permalink)

I lul'd at Far Cry on the Wii.

Luls.

As for Gears - gads, I can't imagine NOT liking that game. It's on a pedestal super, super high. Playing through it 4 times in succession and then going back on easy mode only using the chainsaw and shotgun? AWESOME ^_^

Twilight Hack - it simply can't brick the system. dunno why, but coolness

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack

I am going home, and I believe I may just kill more locusts tonight!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Far Cry 2's map editor is AMAZING! You can switch on the fly from editing the map to walking around in it.
The old Duke Nukem 3d editor was like that. Really easy to build for - I got one of my levels, a level based on my house, onto a retail map pack disc. Can't wait for some more Duke Nukem multiplayer on XBLA.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:19 AM   #135 (permalink)

At the moment, I have gaming ADD. I skip from my computer, to my Wii, and to my 360. I haven't played anything for my 360 aside from Rockband in over 2 months now, but fuck it's addicting.

The Wii was just recently purchased, The main things I stick to on it are RE4, Smash Brothers, and the Wii Fit. But sometimes if I really have nothing to do, I'll put Cooking Mama in, :3

And then the computer is just a fucking mess. I skip around to WoW, TF2, CSS, hell, I was even so bored a few months ago I restarted my membership to Star Wars: Galaxies. WoW is boring, there's nothing to do. No point to Raid, because in a few more months, all those precious epics you've worked for will be replaced by 74 Greens. That and PvP is over-rated. And then with Shooters, I just get bored so easily, =\. Though, reading the beginning of this thread has made me reinstall STALKER!

I really need to find a new game for my 360 though, I kinda miss playing on it. I was thinking about getting Rainbow Six: Vegas for it, but eh. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #136 (permalink)

Gears of War has taken a back seat at the moment, i'm starting to find it increasingly bland. I don't know whether it's the washed out grey colours of the game or the "duck-shoot-reload-repeat" gameplay but Madden '07 has taken over and i'd imagine it's annoying my neighbours with all my "WOOHOO, C'MON". I can't help but react like i'm actually watching a game.

The team i'm currently using is the Carolina Panthers.. not sure what an actual NFL fan thinks i them. I've never heard of them, not surprising considering i only ever watch the superbowl and not all the games leading up to it.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81 View Post
The old Duke Nukem 3d editor was like that. Really easy to build for - I got one of my levels, a level based on my house, onto a retail map pack disc. Can't wait for some more Duke Nukem multiplayer on XBLA.
That's awesome, nice one. Really looking forward to Duke on the 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiXplague View Post
Though, reading the beginning of this thread has made me reinstall STALKER!
Excellent, are you playing with mods or vanilla?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
Gears of War has taken a back seat at the moment, i'm starting to find it increasingly bland. I don't know whether it's the washed out grey colours of the game or the "duck-shoot-reload-repeat" gameplay but Madden '07 has taken over and i'd imagine it's annoying my neighbours with all my "WOOHOO, C'MON". I can't help but react like i'm actually watching a game.
As much as I agree that Gears of War is bland, I do find it funny that you follow up calling a game bland by saying you're playing Madden instead.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
As much as I agree that Gears of War is bland, I do find it funny that you follow up calling a game bland by saying you're playing Madden instead.
Haha, true. I replaced "duck-shoot-reload-repeat" with "huddle-snap-tackle-repeat". I'm yet to find a game that really sucks me in and i know it's only a matter of time before i give up on exploring different genres of games and buy GTA IV.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 AM   #139 (permalink)

Location: Reston, VA also can be found in my cubical, because really thats where i live
cant seem to find the motivation to play my 360 right now none of my games interest me

madden 09
gta IV
bioshock
forza 2
cod 4

even my xbla games I don’t find interesting anymore
luminous
puzzle quest
geometry wars
N+
street fighter 2

I am tempted to sell my 360 but am afraid this is just a fad, suggestions? I have not sat down and committed to one game cense COD 4 do I need to just beat these 1 at a time to get the enjoyment back?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #140 (permalink)

I'm glad to see a few other people share my opinion of Gears of War. By the end of the game, I only wanted to finish it because I'd come this far... I sold it pretty quick, and I'm not excited for Gears 2 whatsoever.

The polish is nice- the game looks great, and I ran into zero bugs or glitches. I guess it just isn't my thing.