Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #221 (permalink)

SPOOOORE!

I just saw a giant 100ft creature stomp though a group of squirrels, eating handfuls at a time then I met a group of old men and we danced together. LOVE. THIS. GAME.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
Edit, sorry to go on a rant bashing the WII. I guess im just bitter cause I really love my 360 and because of the high salesof the wii and the negative press from RRoD the too many people just assume the Wii is the best machine to buy. Then they find out they spent 300 bucks on a Dreamcast/gamecube with motion control and a librarry of games that has a comparable Quality/shit ratio of the "horror" section at your local blockbuster.

If your gaming needs are satisfied by the wii, I don't mean any disrespect to you.
Did...you just diss the Dreamcast?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Did...you just diss the Dreamcast?
LOL, I loved my dreamcast....8 years ago

Powerstone needs to be ported to XBLA PRONTO.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #224 (permalink)

Such a great console and no-one bought it. You ass hats.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #225 (permalink)

The dreamcast was a decent console, but it was just at a weird time, with a weird prior screw-up called the Saturn. Sega was always in a weird position with the console wars. Nintendo had them majorly outguned throughout the process, the Genesis was one of the most but-uggo things on the planet, and had shite sound in comparison.

Then the Sega CD? Oy - that was a clusterfuck of an add-on.

The Saturn flopped.

The Dreamcast had no support after the prior history.

Now let me back that up, I had every system that I mentioned. I had a Game Gear. Fuck, I used to have a Lynx.

I loved them, but they weren't relevant and it showed.

Anyway - I find it interesting that every console on the market, and handheld, is a success. There's no war between the 360 and the PS3, or the Wii, and none between the PSP and DS. They all do what's smart, have niche markets. The PS3 and 360 are the only ones that are similar, but yet still people are loyal to one over the other, or they just have both.

More bitching - I tried Army of Two and I guess I'm spoiled with third person games, the controls sucked anal glands, and it was the most homo-erotic game I've ever played. I'm amazed there's not a cheat code where you can go have a hot coffee episode and blow each other in a back room somewhere.

It also tried way, way too hard to be cool and toss in fuck and shit all over the place. Seriously. not cool. I couldn't even get past the demo. Ugh.

I'm done with new games for now. At least until Gears 2 - Must save money, and I never thought those words would actually come out of my mouth.

Oy - since I'm bitching, why the fuck does everyone have to have a 6 page long animated sig? It makes my eyes hurt.

More - I should read all before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
I just finished From the Abyss for the DS after 2 days (7 hours) of play. It was pretty fun albeit simplistic and repetitive.

The current generation of consoles are just downright disappointing. I have a Wii and there is a major draught of appealing games. I refuse to purchase a 360 because I don't want to deal with the inevitable RRoD. The PS3 is a downright joke.
Abyss was the most asshole of a game made. I hated it with a passion back when I had it on the 3DO and If I never see that shitfuck static background and sound of water going "woosh" again, it will be too soon.

The 360 is far from the way it used to be in the RROD issue. That was way back. The newer consoles are built much, much, much better than the early ones, and on top of that MS has increased the warranty to 3 years, and buying another 2 is at max, 50 bucks.

Although I don't own, or plan to own, the PS3, I wouldn't call it a joke. It's one HELL of a Blu-Ray player and dirt cheap just for that reason alone.

And the games are just about as good as they are with the 360.

/shrug

If I had money to throw around, I'd probably buy it.

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 09-08-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Yeah the Dreamcast had a decent install base and made a tiny niche as the first online gaming console.

The hours spent on PSO and NFL2K3 INSANE!

The problem is the cost of manufacturing hardware drastically Jumped and Sega lost financial security with their past mistakes and took the easy way out to stay alive and become a software publisher.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
The dreamcast was a decent console, but it was just at a weird time, with a weird prior screw-up called the Saturn. Sega was always in a weird position with the console wars. Nintendo had them majorly outguned throughout the process, the Genesis was one of the most but-uggo things on the planet, and had shite sound in comparison.

Then the Sega CD? Oy - that was a clusterfuck of an add-on.

The Saturn flopped.

Now let me back that up, I had every system that I mentioned. I had a Game Gear. Fuck, I used to have a Lynx.

I loved them, but they weren't relevant and it showed.
The main problem with Sega was that they were terrible at marketing and they were going up against Sony who did the Playstation 1 and 2 marketing exactly right.

I think the Mega Drive, Saturn and Dreamcast were great consoles with lots of now classic games but they really shot themselves in the foot.

Quote:
More bitching - I tried Army of Two and I guess I'm spoiled with third person games, the controls sucked anal glands, and it was the most homo-erotic game I've ever played. I'm amazed there's not a cheat code where you can go have a hot coffee episode and blow each other in a back room somewhere.

I'm done with new games for now. At least until Gears 2
wat.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #228 (permalink)

that was funny.

I still wonder if Dom and Marcus are going to get it on.

But I'd rather see that over the fucknuggets in Army of Two
Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #229 (permalink)

Maybe a crossover is in order.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #230 (permalink)

Super Mario RPG. Just came out on the Virtual Console. Downloaded that so fast.