Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #3181 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Haha, I know exactly the moment you mean and it made me laugh too and gave that nice mix of humour and tension. Have you seen the mods where they remodel her? just awful.

In L4D it is just a multiplayer thing but they do a lot of nice things in the sequel with expressions and dialogue without stopping your play.

I think Valve's episodic experiment was a failure and not at all suited to their style but it did give some more suited developers that extra bit of courage to try it out.
On the "brave developers" side, Telltale are definitely my heroes, but yeah they probably got the start when Steam and the episodic idea started working. And i got Sam And Max (sigh)

Yeah, the remodeling sucks, especially considering that her looks are just fine the way they are (and her model actress had impressive and charismathic features on her own).

I love how she jokes around the absolute silence of Gordon (Have they ever explained why he's silent?) and the "brute with smarts" nature of the character. Seeing her stare behind a glass while i Mario jumped to the top of the room, made me feel warm inside.

And Dog... Oh... Dog....

Srry for the constant geeking out on HL2.... It was like discovering a tresure you forgot with time...

Last edited by Junkenstein; 02-26-2010 at 02:37 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #3182 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
On the "brave developers" side, Telltale are definitely my heroes, but yeah they probably got the start when Steam and the episodic idea started working. And i got Sam And Max (sigh)

Yeah, the remodeling sucks, especially considering that her looks are just fine the way they are (and her model actress had impressive and charismathic features on her own).

I love how she jokes around the absolute silence of Gordon (Have they ever explained why he's silent?) and the "brute with smarts" nature of the character. Seeing her stare behind a glass while i Mario jumped to the top of the room, made me feel warm inside.

And Dog... Oh... Dog....
heh, exactly the developers I was thinking of.

It's a nice touch and a funny poke at themselves. They have talked about why he's silent and it has a lot to do with the player inhabiting the character and allowing the world in. It's effective even if you do get the odd moment. I love the elevator bit with Alyx, it uses all the investment you have in her to really affect you as you leave her and carry on alone.

I love Dog, such a good dog
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #3183 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
On the subject of Arkham Asylum, Games for Windows Live has it on sale - 75% off 8.75/$12.49.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #3184 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 28
I am loving Desktop Defender - Facebook game - That and Madden 10
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #3185 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
Well. Finished Half Life 2 : Ep 2

FUCK. YOU. VALVE.

YOU DONT TAKE OUT A PLAYER'S HEART AND STOMP IT LIKE THAT! I DIDNT KNOW!

AND I'M SUPPOSED TO WAIT FOR 5 YEARS TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS!? FUCK OFF! I'M DONE WITH YOU!

AND LEFT 4 DEAD SUCKS!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #3186 (permalink)
Member
 
brighteye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Well. Finished Half Life 2 : Ep 2

FUCK. YOU. VALVE.

YOU DONT TAKE OUT A PLAYER'S HEART AND STOMP IT LIKE THAT! I DIDNT KNOW!

AND I'M SUPPOSED TO WAIT FOR 5 YEARS TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS!? FUCK OFF! I'M DONE WITH YOU!

AND LEFT 4 DEAD SUCKS!
Valve should really look at Bioware, imagine the outcry if they finished ME1 with , what happens in the first 5 minutes of ME2 ? Instead they started ME2 with a cliffhanger and we dont have to wait years to find out what happens.
Just finished the single campain on Bad company 2, Dice have taken notes from Bioware for sure. You really feel for the characters , and this in a mainly online multiplayer game, i wish Valve had done something similar for L4D 1 and 2.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #3187 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Well. Finished Half Life 2 : Ep 2

FUCK. YOU. VALVE.

YOU DONT TAKE OUT A PLAYER'S HEART AND STOMP IT LIKE THAT! I DIDNT KNOW!

AND I'M SUPPOSED TO WAIT FOR 5 YEARS TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS!? FUCK OFF! I'M DONE WITH YOU!

AND LEFT 4 DEAD SUCKS!
It is just about the harshest end to a game I can remember, maybe Halo 2 but I didn't give a fuck about the characters in that series. I hoping we see something at e3 but god knows - with Valve and Blizzard, you just can't tell.

Did you play any Left 4 Dead 2 yet?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #3188 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighteye View Post
Valve should really look at Bioware, imagine the outcry if they finished ME1 with , what happens in the first 5 minutes of ME2 ? Instead they started ME2 with a cliffhanger and we dont have to wait years to find out what happens..
I dont even wanna think abou that. Also even if Mass Effect 3 never came (which is quite improbable, but you never know), the games give you enough closure on their own to be able to wait.

HL2:EP2 makes me morbidly attached to the charcters, completely involved in the story in an almost sick way. My heart shatters when i see that ending... And now i dont even know if the story will even end. I knew that there was a cliffhanger, i didnt read about it, but i expected it to be less... Harsh...

Instead when the credits rolled out, i felt sick.

Seriously, if this ends up like Ragnar Townquist and his pathetic shenanigans with the Dreamfall universe, i'll give up games forever. I'm not kidding. Emotional involvement is cool, but this made my day worse.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #3189 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
standardman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 3,690
Episode 3 is coming and is being worked on, we just don't have a release date yet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #3190 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
It is just about the harshest end to a game I can remember, maybe Halo 2 but I didn't give a fuck about the characters in that series. I hoping we see something at e3 but god knows - with Valve and Blizzard, you just can't tell.

Did you play any Left 4 Dead 2 yet?
I felt pysically sick. I knew it would be harsh, i heard it would be, but i purpsedly stayed away from info, hoping to play it with a clear head. Plus i'm cold a slab of concrete when it comes to emotional involvement in fake stuff.

But this goddamn game made me feel ill.

SPOILER They offed one of the nicest, most adorable people in the series, in an horrible way, and then they leave hearing that "Dont leave me" by Alyx, that brought up so many bad memories of my life, it's scary

I dont recall any movie that did this to me. Even when i played Dreamfall, i quite shrugged, and that was a harsh ending too. Knowing that Valve apparently doesnt care nough about their fans to give us at least a teaser, a trailer or something to ease the pain, makes it even worse.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger