Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #3201 (permalink)

I really wanted to go pick up Bad Company 2 tonight for some reason, but instead I bought the first one for $20 because I've never played it before. I'm in the second map of the campaign, but I like it a lot more than I thought I would so far.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #3202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
hmm i wonder if this all has to do anything with GDC happening next week....
Very good point, the GDC always has a PC crowd, I think they may have shown Orange Box there for the first time.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:40 AM   #3203 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Current theories are Portal 2, Episode 3 (which might tie in with Portal), DLC or a portal gun for the valve store.
Dont get my hopes up.....
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 AM   #3204 (permalink)

As of now, from that steam thread:

Portal gets surprise update yesterday afternoon

Text from a picture:

Quote:
A lot of you have been raising concerens of the so called "dangers" of what we're all doing here. The beancounters told me to tell you that as of today, testing will no longer be as mandatory, or as dangerous. That's not gonna happen. And here's the reason:

Science isnt about why, it's about why not. You ask 'why is so much of our science dangerous?' I say, Why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact why not invet a special safetey door that won't hit you in the butt on your way out cause you are fired.

Plus, in the event of your death, I personally guarentee that, thanks to the form you were required to sign this morning, your family will not suffer the indignities of a long and costly legal battle against Aperture Science. Trust me, I am rich, and it is a burden I would not wish on anyone.
A theory:

Possible new weapon? A wrecked GLADoS?

Someone cropped and rotated:

Portal 2 level?

Last edited by standardman; 03-02-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #3205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post

In movies, even the shittiest series has good chances to be completed.

Not always a good thing, Alone in the dark 2, Bloodrayne 2, Neverending story 3 and Starship trooper 2 and 3 to name a few really rotten ones.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #3206 (permalink)

First, standardman, that is awesome. I don't know how people manage to dig so deep and find that stuff.

I was attempting to go through all the DLC for Guitar Hero and Rock Band on their sites, since I haven't gotten anything new in many months.

Does anyone know how the hell to just click a track and hear a preview? They make this shit so difficult. I click on something and it takes me to a whole other page for just that song. Annoying enough. Then, I'm trying to figure out how to play it by allowing random scripts until I find the right one.

They have it set to a popup rhapsody window and I'm informed I can sign up, or I get 25 free plays for the month. I just wanted to preview a fucking track to buy for the game. Why is this so hard? There should be a list of songs with a play button next to them so I can listen and move on. I want to get through 50 tracks in a minute, not navigate through a different fucking page and screw with some subscription service.

So suffice to say, I'm not playing either of these games since they seem to not want my business.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #3207 (permalink)

Phew, it took a while but I did it while listening to the marathon:

portalradioachievement.jpg

26 radios, 26 signals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
First, standardman, that is awesome. I don't know how people manage to dig so deep and find that stuff.

I was attempting to go through all the DLC for Guitar Hero and Rock Band on their sites, since I haven't gotten anything new in many months.

Does anyone know how the hell to just click a track and hear a preview? They make this shit so difficult. I click on something and it takes me to a whole other page for just that song. Annoying enough. Then, I'm trying to figure out how to play it by allowing random scripts until I find the right one.

They have it set to a popup rhapsody window and I'm informed I can sign up, or I get 25 free plays for the month. I just wanted to preview a fucking track to buy for the game. Why is this so hard? There should be a list of songs with a play button next to them so I can listen and move on. I want to get through 50 tracks in a minute, not navigate through a different fucking page and screw with some subscription service.

So suffice to say, I'm not playing either of these games since they seem to not want my business.
One word: Activision
Old 03-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #3208 (permalink)

I'm really enjoying Boarderlands on the 360. Great loot grab game. Plus 2 of the 3 DLC packs are good and challenging. (Madd Moxxi is pretty lame).
Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #3209 (permalink)

that portal stuff is pretty amazing. reminds me a bit of the hacking mini-game from enter the matrix (although the content that was revealed was totally not worth it, it was so much fun to crack into that shit), but this is on a whole other level. very cool.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #3210 (permalink)

Steam sale!

The ever changing Indie Game Pack is on sale. £/$/Yurps 9.99 gets you seven games: Altitude, Bob Came in Pieces, Bullet Candy, Galcon Fusion, Gridrunner Revolution, Space Giraffe and Super Laser Racer.

You can also get them individually for £/$/? 2 each. It's a good pack for super-cheap and exchange rates are a figment of your imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
that portal stuff is pretty amazing. reminds me a bit of the hacking mini-game from enter the matrix (although the content that was revealed was totally not worth it, it was so much fun to crack into that shit), but this is on a whole other level. very cool.
I love this kind of stuff and the Steam community's progress has been impressively fast, I guess Valve knew who they were dealing with when they made these puzzles so complex.

Oh and Valve just sent out this:

Last edited by standardman; 03-03-2010 at 03:19 PM.