Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 06-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #3861 (permalink)

4hrs of ME 2 Im gonna take a break with some Borderlands. Its getting pretty difficult so would anybody wanna join me. Im a level 33 and im Madeyeshawn on XBL.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #3862 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Sorry for the Bioshock spoilers, next time I'll white them out.

I'm now up to Fort Frolic with that mad man Sander Cohen. This game is awesome!

I also finally got Fallout 3 downloaded. Took four days to do 2GB cause we were capped, then like four hours for the remaining 7GB once we were uncapped this morning. lol. I'll check it out when I'm done with Bioshock for sure. Wanted to jump on that ME2 deal today as well, but I've run out of money after buying the L4D healthkit hoodie from the Valve store yesterday. Should have waited to check the EA sale today before doing that, silly.

I highly recommend Mass Effect 1 to everyone, and I assume 2 is just as good.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #3863 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn View Post
I'm now up to Fort Frolic with that mad man Sander Cohen. This game is awesome!
My favourite level, enjoy!
Old 06-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #3864 (permalink)

Played through about an hour of Dante's Inferno. For a God of War rip off, it's pretty cool. I'm gonna have to try to finish it in a day or two...I got it from GameFly and I need to cancel my membership, I hate it.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #3865 (permalink)

What do you hate about GameFly? As an English outsider, it seemed like a neat idea.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #3866 (permalink)

The main thing I dislike about GameFly is how long I have to wait to get my games. Unlike Netflix, where I usually get my movies within a business day or two (at worst) I end up waiting at least 5 days after I send a game in for a game to come back to me...also I'm paying about $25 a month, to basically have in my possession at most 4 games, because I don't have much time to play them.

I say 4, because that's assuming I don't really care for some of the games I end up renting....I know tons of people (at least when I was younger) would brag about beating w/e game in a day...I've never beat a game in less than a couple weeks. I just am not the kind of person who can invest 20 hours of my day into a video game on a regular basis. I at least need the whole month if I want to seriously beat a game....I mean, it might be a good deal if I just wanted to try out a bunch of games...but I also prefer to own games.

I rather buy, and own, 3 games...than rent, never finish, and not own 10, ya know?

I'm just paying $25 dollars a month for a service I don't really enjoy. I rather just buy some used games and be happier.

It's not a terrible service in itself, just not right for me, and I hate that I have to wait so damn long for a game.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #3867 (permalink)

Urg, that's terrible turnaround time. I assumed it would be like Netflix or LoveFilm (English equivalent).
Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #3868 (permalink)

Yeah, I was expecting being able to, if I wanted, get a couple games a week. In which case it'd be great...but god forbid you decide you're done with a game on Thursday..because then shit doesn't get moved on Sundays...and you're waiting even longer.

If I can mail a letter in a day (if close) 2 (if very far) why do I have to wait 4-6 days for a video game? That's retarded.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #3869 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
Yeah, I was expecting being able to, if I wanted, get a couple games a week. In which case it'd be great...but god forbid you decide you're done with a game on Thursday..because then shit doesn't get moved on Sundays...and you're waiting even longer.

If I can mail a letter in a day (if close) 2 (if very far) why do I have to wait 4-6 days for a video game? That's retarded.
Could be a regional thing. I get my DVDs from LoveFilm very quickly but people I know in middle of big cities have to wait a couple more days sometimes.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #3870 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I had the same problem with Gamefly. My turnaround time was always a week.