Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 06-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #3881 (permalink)

It's a pretty good game. It definitely wishes it were God of War, but it's not and that's okay. It's kinda/sorta based on Dante's Inferno, duh...which is pretty wicked. The visuals, the different levels of hell and the minions and firey-bat things....all the enemies and what not...everything just looks really cool. I like the "Holy" and "Unholy" moves...the idea of "absolving" your enemies is neat. I'm not very far into the game, maybe 1/5 or 1/4 but I'm enjoying it. I've heard mixed reviews from people...

Some say it's shit, some it's okay, some it's great.

I'd give it a 7, I wouldn't pay $50 for it (but I'm also a broke college student and wouldn't pay $50 for almost anything)...but if you don't mind the money, or if you can play it by renting or borrowing...it's definitely worth a try.

You can get a free demo, if you haven't played it. It's pretty much the very first 15 minutes of gameplay of the game..or so.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #3882 (permalink)

Deus Ex is on sale for bugger all (£1.48) today only on steam. If you have a PC, it will run. If you like games, you should BUY IT!

Don't buy Invisible War.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #3883 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Deus Ex is on sale for bugger all (£1.48) today only on steam. If you have a PC, it will run. If you like games, you should BUY IT!

Don't buy Invisible War.
Also you can mod the shit of Deus Ex, like increase the graphics and texture quality. The mod community is pretty big behind that game. Out of the box its pretty dated graphically but with a few mods it looks pretty cool.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #3884 (permalink)

I'm playing the new Medal of Honor multiplayer beta on PC... So far it's incredibly mediocre.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #3885 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
Also you can mod the shit of Deus Ex, like increase the graphics and texture quality. The mod community is pretty big behind that game. Out of the box its pretty dated graphically but with a few mods it looks pretty cool.
Very good point, more on that here. In fact RPS's Deus Ex week has been fun.

Those who have already played it should try the Nameless mod.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #3886 (permalink)

Quote:
Those who have already played it should try the Nameless mod.
The Nameless Mod looks bitchin. Watched a streaming playthrough of the original last weekend, it was awesome and so nostalgic.

I remember a few years ago PC Gamer distributed the full version of Deus Ex on their monthly game disc. I take that as an indication to snap up this amazing game for FREE! Even if a few bucks stand in your way... comeon, throw your morality out the window and download this game.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #3887 (permalink)

Counterstrike Source just got a huge update and it's on sale for just two days 66% off or $6.80/£4.76 Buy it, join the KATG Steam group and play us. I'll be doing an event for it in the future.

If you preorder Monkey Island 2 Special Edition on steam for $9.99/£6.99, you get Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition FREE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
The Nameless Mod looks bitchin. Watched a streaming playthrough of the original last weekend, it was awesome and so nostalgic.

Impulse has a sale on to celebrate 2 years. Just enter the code in to get 15% off anything (I think).

I remember a few years ago PC Gamer distributed the full version of Deus Ex on their monthly game disc. I take that as an indication to snap up this amazing game for FREE! Even if a few bucks stand in your way... comeon, throw your morality out the window and download this game.
Ah come on, man. Even without the sale, it's cheap.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:48 AM   #3888 (permalink)

You know in Team Fortress 2 how people have setup maps so you can soullessly grind for achievements? They made depressing award farms that destroy the fun of the game.

Ladies and gentlemen, the greatest TF2 map ever made:

Old 06-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #3889 (permalink)

Modern Warfare 2, LFD2, WoW barely (I am in the alpha for cataclysm!), a teensy bit of Portal and torchlight!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #3890 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
You know in Team Fortress 2 how people have setup maps so you can soullessly grind for achievements? They made depressing award farms that destroy the fun of the game.

I normally really hate griefers, and I normally really hate TF2 Achievement servers.... but griefing in an Achievement server is some serious good times.

BONK!