Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: The MMA transgender woman
It's fair she fights women 16 12.80%
It's unfair she fights women 109 87.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree148Likes

Old 04-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

2161: She's Always a Woman

With Amy Shanker – How teachers really feel; Jeopardy contestant thinks the age of consent is 12; MMA fighter Fallon Fox transgender controversy resurfaces; cum cubes; Marilyn Manson sucker-punched; Roscoe P. Coltrane dies; firefighters’ sausage-rape hazing

Guest:
Amy Shanker

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 04-08-2015 at 04:46 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

All sports bodies have rules for transathletes. The USBoxing follows IOC regulations including:
  • Surgical anatomical changes have been completed, including external genitalia changes and gonadectomy
  • Legal recognition of their assigned sex has been conferred by the appropriate official authorities
  • Hormonal therapy appropriate for the assigned sex has been administered in a verifiable manner and for a sufficient length of time to minimize gender-related advantages in sport competitions
  • Eligibility should begin no sooner than two years after gonadectomy.

Source

Gonad ..... hehe
Scumhook likes this.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

2 years still does not account to still unfair difference in sheer density and mass. I'm with Keith on this one - it's in no way remotely fair.

If i had a cow and a bull, cut off the bull's testicles, pumped the bull full of hormones, add udders...I still bet the bull with fuck up that cow. Period. Unless there is some miraculous surgery or treatment that shrinks your height, weight, and bone structure this is no way a fair fight at its core. On the surface, sure, but in actuality it's not the same thing at all IMHO. Bulls are significantly larger than cows.

"A mature bison bull will weigh approximately 2,000 pounds while a mature bison cow will weigh approximately 1,100 pounds." Bison FAQs - Questions and Answers about Bison | National Bison Association

No amount of transitioning in the world is going to change that difference in height (if any), weight, and bone. I just think it's unrealistic to assume if you transition, other fighters should still fight you like nothing changed. Something did change. If 2 can agree to fight, great! But the cisgender better not say shit if/when the other fighter kicks their ass, talking about how unfair it is after the fact. DUH BITCH, this is just math and science
Los likes this.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I voted that it was fair because in MMA there are ways to counter take downs. If she has the same training, weight is roughly the same than it should be fair.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

There you go, Chemda. WSE agrees with you. Both fighter should have been taught to counter take downs, so...
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
WSE agrees with you.
That's a one punch knockout.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Amy had me cracking up laughing - sounding stoned off her face, while stone cold sober.

Then Keith gets to confiscate a cell phone off a teacher for playing with it when she's supposed to be paying attention

Loved her school stories, and had to rewind a few times when I realised I'd been daydreaming of some rather inappropriate schoolteacher fantasies...
Carruthers and WittyReference like this.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I wouldn't go so far as to say it "could never" be fair, but I'm with Keith on this one, and I don't need to look at trans-bovine match-ups.

At age 13 in 8th grade, my athletics class had about 75 boys just hitting puberty and the weight room preparing for high-school football. At least half of the boys, myself included, were able to bench press in excess of 225 pounds. There were at least ten 13-year-olds that could bench-press over 300 pounds in 8th grade. The 2014 national male high school power-lifting champion bench-pressed 396 pounds. The 2014 national female open champion (meaning any female in the U.S. - adult or minor) won with a 391 pound bench-press. The point being that the physically-strongest women of any age will find it difficult to compete with the physically-strongest male teenagers. One of the female coaches in my high-school was a power-lifting competitor who was considered one of the strongest women in Texas because she could bench-press 225 pounds. I was regularly bench-pressing 250 pounds during rain-out days at age 16 when the baseball team had to stay inside.

Rhonda Rousey is more correct than not that someone who had testosterone pumping through them from age 12 to 25 to build muscle mass and bone structure will have one hell of an advantage physically over someone who did not. I'm not at all aware of how long the effects would take to reverse with hormone treatment, or if it is possible to reverse, or even if having a gonadectomy completely removes the body's ability to produce testosterone. If it doesn't completely remove it, what's to stop a woman that transitioned from a male from slowing down her female hormone shots for six months before a major fight and letting the testosterone flow a little more freely?

We have a brain expert in the fan base (Rosa Rosa Rosa), so hopefully there's an endocrinologist or MD out there listening that could shed some light on the subject.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
That's a one punch knockout.
Not if Chemda has Keith in a helicopter armbar or figure-four leg lock. Then Keith would be begging to agree with WSE.

... and like I always say - Remember, you know enough.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLoco View Post
Not if Chemda has Keith in a helicopter armbar or figure-four leg lock. Then Keith would be begging to agree with WSE.

... and like I always say - Remember, you know enough.

cHemmo can stick me in a figure 4 any day of the week <3
PsychoLoco likes this.