Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: The MMA transgender woman
It's fair she fights women 16 12.80%
It's unfair she fights women 109 87.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree148Likes

Old 04-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
Lots of women have physical advantages over other women, that does not make them men.
I would argue that these physical advantages make them moar of a woman, and waaay less manly.

I assume you're talking about T&A sizes.

Mmmmmm, boobies....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Fuck it, why even separate based on gender at all? I proposed one giant league that anyone and everyone is allowed to compete in. I'd call it the "what the fuck do I know anyway" league. It will be glorious.
Keith, Carruthers and ImStillToni like this.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Raising the bar for women, specifically. Lots of women have physical advantages over other women, that does not make them men.
Correct, their genetic make up decides that. But we shouldn't go by that either?
Old 04-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Correct, their genetic make up decides that.
How do you mean?
Old 04-09-2015, 08:08 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
A male brained person can't say how they would feel if they were a female. I mean, they can try, but I can't take them seriously.
i don't have a formed opinion about the topic at hand, but i did want to throw in that this is such horseshit. Y chromosomes don't make anyone incapable of empathy or of being able to extrapolate what a situation might be like for another human being. we ask men all the time to see it from our side; when they do, maybe give them the benefit of the doubt. right or wrong, don't write them off because they have a penis.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:13 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i don't have a formed opinion about the topic at hand, but i did want to throw in that this is such horseshit. Y chromosomes don't make anyone incapable of empathy or of being able to extrapolate what a situation might be like for another human being. we ask men all the time to see it from our side; when they do, maybe give them the benefit of the doubt. right or wrong, don't write them off because they have a penis.
This has nothing to do with having a penis and everything to do with being a man in this society. Those are not the same thing.

I am happy when men try to understand what women go through. What I am not happy with are men saying what they would do if they were a woman.

How many times do I have to hear a man say what he would do in a certain situation, when they have NONE of the baggage that comes with being a woman?
Old 04-09-2015, 08:26 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
How do you mean?
From a strictly scientific point of view your XY, XX chromosomes decides if you are male or female. From a social point of view a person may not identify with whatever cards they were dealt, that's fine and that is something that should be respected and dealt with. But to totally ignore that their is a difference...
Keith likes this.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
From a strictly scientific point of view your XY, XX chromosomes decides if you are male or female. From a social point of view a person may not identify with whatever cards they were dealt, that's fine and that is something that should be respected and dealt with. But to totally ignore that their is a difference...
I don't understand, who is ignoring the differences? I am acknowledging them and comparing them to cis women who have advantages (Taller, shorter, faster metabolism, etc).
The Girl likes this.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:08 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't understand, who is ignoring the differences? I am acknowledging them and comparing them to cis women who have advantages (Taller, shorter, faster metabolism, etc).
Okay, but the variation of strength, muscle building ability within a sex is not nearly as great as the variation between the sexes. The two aren't comparable.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:

How many times do I have to hear a man say what he would do in a certain situation, when they have NONE of the baggage that comes with being a woman?
it's the beginning of a dialogue if we ladies could respond to it as such and not with the full force of the chips on our shoulders.

i bet there are women in the field who feel differently than you do about this issue. i think dave put forth a valid portrait of what that might look like. your baggage isn't everyone's baggage. i would encourage you to put yours down and maybe look at it from a different angle. you don't have to buy it, but it's not complete crap.