Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree37Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NoArmsJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,534
Ask A Cripple

I saw this on another forum years ago and thought it was a funny idea.

Here's your chance to ask a cripple (me) anything you want.

I will answer anything honestly.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Grapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,267
Do you use a speech reco application to interact with your computer? If so, which one?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NoArmsJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,534
No. I have one small left leg and foot and I use that to type. I've always found speech recognition software (Dragon Dictate, etc...) to slow me down.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Grapist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoArmsJames View Post
No. I have one small left leg and foot and I use that to type. I've always found speech recognition software (Dragon Dictate, etc...) to slow me down.


Yeah, even though Nuance (Dragon) is supposed to be the best all speech reco is still very dependant on the environment (background noise etc).

Ok, so you say you type with your foot, is that with a standard keyboard or do you have one of those alternative kiosks (Such as the one Madentch offers I forget its name)?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Dodges Bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: OKC y'all
Posts: 83
Have you ever used your disability for evil?

Have you ever used it to prank someone. (my midget cousin likes to hide in luggage/ other peoples' sleeping bags)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NoArmsJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Yeah, even though Nuance (Dragon) is supposed to be the best all speech reco is still very dependant on the environment (background noise etc).

Ok, so you say you type with your foot, is that with a standard keyboard or do you have one of those alternative kiosks (Such as the one Madentch offers I forget its name)?
Exactly, and I live in an apartment complex so there is always background noise.

I use a standard keyboard, though one day when I have some extra money I'd like to try out the Frogpad.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NoArmsJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodges Bullets View Post
Have you ever used your disability for evil?

Have you ever used it to prank someone. (my midget cousin likes to hide in luggage/ other peoples' sleeping bags)
Once my friend and I were at a bar and some band was playing. I liked them, but didn't have enough to buy a cd so I went over to them after the show and talked to them with a speech impediment and stutter and got a free cd.

When I was very young my babysitter took me grocery shopping. It was a busy line and she had a lot of groceries so she put me on the conveyor in between her groceries. I don't remember the reaction though.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Dodges Bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: OKC y'all
Posts: 83
lolz, awesome.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...
 
gumby013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,473
I used my cancer for evil in the casino at the poker tables. This was during the radiation treatments when I was at my sickest. I had to leave the table about every half hour to throw up in the bathroom. I let it be known to everyone at the table that I had cancer and was very sick. It worked very well and I rarely ever got called down to the river. Cleaned up $2K in about 6 hours.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NoArmsJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
I used my cancer for evil in the casino at the poker tables. This was during the radiation treatments when I was at my sickest. I had to leave the table about every half hour to throw up in the bathroom. I let it be known to everyone at the table that I had cancer and was very sick. It worked very well and I rarely ever got called down to the river. Cleaned up $2K in about 6 hours.
That's awesome! I play online a lot but have never played in a casino. The nearest casinos poker room is high stakes,
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger