Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree260Likes

Old 07-27-2020, 07:07 AM   #101 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyH View Post
My relationship of 4 years ended last week and my lease is ending next month. I now have to figure out how to cope and move in the middle of all of this. Unfortunately, I live in Phoenix, which is a total shit show for COVID right now. I was only living in Arizona for my partner's job and desperately want to move somewhere else. I feel stuck, lonely, and scared.

Wow Ashley that’s a lot to deal with. I’m sorry you’re going through that.

When I went through my break up I had to be gentle to get through the day/week/month... minute.

It helped a lot to talk it out with people. I’m glad you’re here and sharing it with us. Please keep us posted. We are here for it.

Much love! You got this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #102 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Wow Ashley that’s a lot to deal with. I’m sorry you’re going through that.

When I went through my break up I had to be gentle to get through the day/week/month... minute.

It helped a lot to talk it out with people. I’m glad you’re here and sharing it with us. Please keep us posted. We are here for it.

Much love! You got this!!

It is a lot of work to get through the minutes sometimes. Not having some of the normal ways to cope with a breakup (getting a hug from somebody who cares, seeing friends) is really difficult. And then again I also don't have the option of coping in some of the unhealthy ways I used to (going to bars, meeting unhealthy Tinder people). In the meantime, I'm looking for a place to move that I love.

Talking helps. Thank you, Chemda.
The Girl and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:14 PM   #103 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

We are in Italy.
I booked the trip before the outbreak and thought often about canceling.
It’s considered very safe here and the case load is very low, about 250 new cases a day. The official statement from our government was that’s its safe to go.
We are in a village close to the Como lake, arrived today. It’s pretty remote, very nature centric.
It’s an apartment and we don’t have contact with anyone but us four. I brought my own pillows and blankets and towels and even a blow up bed.
Still it’s a little bit strange.

Last edited by Apia resurrected; 07-27-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #104 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyH View Post
It is a lot of work to get through the minutes sometimes. Not having some of the normal ways to cope with a breakup (getting a hug from somebody who cares, seeing friends) is really difficult. And then again I also don't have the option of coping in some of the unhealthy ways I used to (going to bars, meeting unhealthy Tinder people). In the meantime, I'm looking for a place to move that I love.

Talking helps. Thank you, Chemda.
Why did you break up?
Old 07-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #105 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Why did you break up?
I think he lost interest in me romantically. He's not very romantic to begin with, but he admittedly stopped putting in the effort he used to. He was pulling away when I needed him, and I pulled away when he needed me. We love each other a lot, but it's not enough. Our lease ending gave us an out.

This wasn't one of those "mutual" breakups where both people magically say they want to break up at exactly the same time. He said it first, and I couldn't disagree with his reasoning.
Apia resurrected likes this.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #106 (permalink)

devastated today. a family friend is dying of the COVID. someone that grew up with my mother. someone who held me as a baby. someone whose kids were my own childhood playmates. and she’s alone. bc that’s how you die of this thing. my heart is angry and terrified. i feel ten years old and absolutely helpless.
Keith, The Girl and LoopyLou79 like this.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:00 AM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
devastated today. a family friend is dying of the COVID. someone that grew up with my mother. someone who held me as a baby. someone whose kids were my own childhood playmates. and she’s alone. bc that’s how you die of this thing. my heart is angry and terrified. i feel ten years old and absolutely helpless.
That’s awful.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 08-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #108 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

I’m so sorry Sparrow. That’s so hard to go through. I totally relate to feeling 10 years old sometimes.

Keith and Sparrow like this.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:15 AM   #109 (permalink)

she’s gone. it happened right after the vent was removed yesterday, but the hospital waited until this morning to inform the family. they left all of them waiting all goddamn night in agony.

preaching to the choir a little bit, but if you don’t take this seriously you can literally kill someone. every time you go out without a mask you risk wrecking entire families. don’t be stupid. don’t be fucking cavalier.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:20 AM   #110 (permalink)

rituals exist to give us something to hold onto. this pandemic has interrupted those we reserve for death; arguably the most important ones. we’re all feeling lost.
Keith likes this.