Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
That is a pretty fucking cool idea.

I've been trying to get back into liking F1 last year but didn't quite manage - lets see what this year brings. I need a favourite driver by the time they come to Europe otherwise its not interesting enough to follow along. Ideas?
Kamui Kobayashi!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
I'm kinda glad I never sent them a CV....
If you had joined the US F1 team they would now be at the top of pre-season leaderboard AND have the best organized, Excel-tracked trailer full of tupperware bins on the planet.

It was sad to see them fizzle out. I guess the upside is we get Peter Windsor back on the starting line with a mic and his camera guy - where he belongs! That is one of my fav parts of the Speedvision coverage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
Oh...and I am totes excited about this McLaren wing.
I expect the driver changed rear aero tricks to be banned and they will have to use the spare chassis without it.
6 degree front wing aero will be an important strategy to deal with fuel-related weight shifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I need a favourite driver by the time they come to Europe otherwise its not interesting enough to follow along. Ideas?
Vettel may surprise a few people this season.

Here's an interesting pre-season review from FastLaneDaily. Great show.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech007 View Post

Vettel may surprise a few people this season.
Vettel is a good idea I could work with that
Old 03-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

Wow, what an incredibly boring race. Felt like IRL. Monaco should be crazy insane. The arguing over rules will be nuts for Australia.

WTG Red cars! Ya Massa! Welcome back Alonso.

Watching the Jaguars flounder was great - perhaps they could donate the cars to shriners for parades?

Poor Vettel. Too bad the guy can't get a car that works all the way to the finish line. Serves ya right for picking a Renault engine I guess.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech007 View Post
Watching the Jaguars flounder was great
got a dry spit take from me
Old 03-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

“With no refuelling, it will be difficult to see any overtaking, so after the first lap the positions will be set” – Fernando Alonso (Scuderia Ferrari).

“Overtaking was basically impossible unless somebody made a mistake. That is the action we are going to have with this kind of environment of race strategy” – Michael Schumacher (Mercedes GP).

“You start with fuel, you do one stop and it’s pretty much a train all the way” – Lewis Hamilton (McLaren Mercedes).

“The first lap is definitely your best chance of overtaking. It might throw up a few more strategies in the race – I hope it does, because run like that every race, it’s not the most exciting” – Jenson Button (McLaren Mercedes).

. . fuck
John F. O'Donnel, KATG Show #1127 @01:35:33
"I will hammer-fuck you with my cock of destiny."
"The most powerful force in the universe is irony." - jdb, 1994 "Ignorance is never not arrogant." - jdb, 2007

Old 03-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
“With no refuelling, it will be difficult to see any overtaking, so after the first lap the positions will be set” – Fernando Alonso (Scuderia Ferrari).

“Overtaking was basically impossible unless somebody made a mistake. That is the action we are going to have with this kind of environment of race strategy” – Michael Schumacher (Mercedes GP).

“You start with fuel, you do one stop and it’s pretty much a train all the way” – Lewis Hamilton (McLaren Mercedes).

“The first lap is definitely your best chance of overtaking. It might throw up a few more strategies in the race – I hope it does, because run like that every race, it’s not the most exciting” – Jenson Button (McLaren Mercedes).

. . fuck
Ditch the aero all together. Give them 900 BHP and no downforce so they slide all over the place. You'll see plenty of overtaking then.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #28 (permalink)

Thumbs down

I have been "following" F1 since 1977, never in the history of F1 have I been so fucking bored shitless as I was during that fucking pile of utter wank that was the Bahrain GP. I'm watching some paint dry next time, much more interesting. If I had an IQ of, say, 50, it may have been worthwhile for basic brain stimulus. I'm sending an invoice to that short arsed cunt Bernie Eccleston for the wasted 3 hours of my time
Old 03-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

I would "watch" no matter what, I love listening to the guys on SPEED chew it. It is F1 and it is history, for me anyway.
I agree and have for years J, no winged down force. Give them the envelope and let 'em go. Never was a huge NASCar fan but I remember the day it died. Death by aero.

edit:
That link sucked.

Last edited by dEadERest; 03-17-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
I would "watch" no matter what, I love listening to the guys on SPEED chew it. It is F1 and it is history, for me anyway.
I agree and have for years J, no winged down force. Give them the envelope and let 'em go. Never was a huge NASCar fan but I remember the day it died. Death by aero.

edit:
That link sucked.

I have a Bobby Allison story, I used to work for a company that was thinking about getting into Nascar.. now this was awhile ago when Bobby Allison was an owner and his driver was Derrick Cope, remember the mane and tail car? well if not no big deal, it was awhile ago. anyway, being the resident gear head, nobody at our big company wanted to take advantage of the vip day at Phoenix International Raceway, but I did. we spent the morning touring the pits and hanging out in the garage, near the big trailers.. we had bbq with bobby and a few other drivers. then Bobby said.. you might want to work you way to the stands, the race is boring from the infield. and pointed us the way. We wound up in the driver's paddock as they were getting introduced, standing next to Dale sr. Jeff Gordon and his first wife was pretty cool. they were all so short, except for Kyle Petty.

That day, Derrick Cope fought hard for us.. trying to gain our sponsorship, he actually came in 4th which was amazing for him, he even led a lap.

later we did get into sponsorhip of Indy cars.. we sponsored Sam Schmidt who later became a quadraplegic during practice.

Nothing compares to F1 of course, but it was fun to be in the pits for an Indy race, get a ride in the pace car for Nascar and later sit in a top fuel funny car for NHRA.. all because nobody else at my company could care less about motorsports.