Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 05-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #1931 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
no it wont

it is short

it can be replayed but only for the better weapons/magic the story is the same no matter how nice or rude you are.
Really, it's short? This is the first Bioware game I've really played, but it seemed like I could at least put 30 or 40 hours into it. How long do you think it'll take?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #1932 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head1ess Gunner View Post
I think I'm going to finish Far Cry 2 this weekend. It's not a great game, but for some reason, I feel like I need to finish it. Usually sub-par games would just get sent back to GameFly, but something about this one...

Maybe I have some kind of video game OCD?

I do enjoy the self-healing in this game:
I lost interest in the story mode for this game right away. This game is great online. However, there are a lot less people playing online than there were one to two months ago.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #1933 (permalink)

You guys! That TF2 Sniper update? IT'S A FUCKING SPY UPDATE!

Team Fortress 2 - The Spy Update
Old 05-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #1934 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
Really, it's short? This is the first Bioware game I've really played, but it seemed like I could at least put 30 or 40 hours into it. How long do you think it'll take?
You can.... with 2 playthroughs.

you may be able to stretch up to 20 hours with all the side missions (which are lame) and the DLC (which is not bad,worth it if you really enjoy the game)

Then on each consecutive play through amp up the difficulty and try new combat strategies out, it still retains a level of entertaining playability.

Now I want this game again, I need to finally buy my own copy.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:23 AM   #1935 (permalink)

Quote:

you may be able to stretch up to 20 hours with all the side missions (which are lame) and the DLC (which is not bad,worth it if you really enjoy the game)

Then on each consecutive play through amp up the difficulty and try new combat strategies out, it still retains a level of entertaining playability.

Well, like I said, I'm only two hours in, but I really like the characters (except my own, for some reason - I hate the guy I created), and the story seems like it could be cool, so we'll see.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:58 AM   #1936 (permalink)

Sam and Max Season One and Two and Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People are half price on steam until May 18th.

Anyone played them? I want a new point and click game and I loved the original Sam and Max.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:09 AM   #1937 (permalink)

Quote:

I loved Mass Effect, 20 hours sounds about right for a first play through but every minute of it will be fun.

Before I stopped playing it I was about 10 or so hours into a good play through on the hardest difficulty.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #1938 (permalink)

demigod and wow
Old 05-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #1939 (permalink)

Heroes of might and magic 5, picked it up cheap in my local game shop, pretty fun although my laptop has to run it on pretty low settings.

I also got knights of teh old republic 2 although I haven't got a chance to play it yet because my laptop has no space on the drive I have to use and my dads graphic card doesn't like it so I have to wait a day or two to get home, but given how great the first one was this should be great to.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #1940 (permalink)

I just played The Killing Floor. It's L4D-ish, but much better.

Quote:
* Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens

* Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities

* Over 40 Steam Achievements, including “Dignity for the dead” for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates’ corpses and “Hot Cross Fun” for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow.

* Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer

* Solo game mode for offline play

* 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers

* 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower

* Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive

* Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors

* Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde

* Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters

* Support for Steam Friends and other Steamworks features

* Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
It's also only $20 on Steam!