Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #3301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
It's a destructive and unstoppable addiction that ruins good people's lives. So yeah, it's awesome.
wait, are you talking about peggle?
because i made the mistake(?) of buying the peggle pack with Peggle Deluxe and Peggle Nights, and it's all I've really been doing. But, it was kind of a necessary purchase since I realized that I had played the demo for over 4 hours.

long live PopCap.

Plants vs Zombies is good too, but I have yet to buy a mouse for my laptop, and it's too hard to keep up with the on screen action with the trackpad.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #3302 (permalink)

Playing Super Metroid (SNES). Back to the classic and still it's in my top 10 games of all time.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #3303 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
wait, are you talking about peggle?
because i made the mistake(?) of buying the peggle pack with Peggle Deluxe and Peggle Nights, and it's all I've really been doing. But, it was kind of a necessary purchase since I realized that I had played the demo for over 4 hours.

long live PopCap.

Plants vs Zombies is good too, but I have yet to buy a mouse for my laptop, and it's too hard to keep up with the on screen action with the trackpad.
I was alking about Steam. But the argument works even better with peggle. It has been the monkey on my back for all this time. Now i'm playing the great master challenges. And i know i'll still be doing it after i finished those....

Plant Vs Zombies is awesome but doesnt have the addictive quality of peggle, at least for me. What's a popcap game that is equally compulsive as peggle? Zuma? Chuzzle? Bejeweled, Bookworm?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #3304 (permalink)

Since I was finally able to pick up my preorder of Pokèmon Soul Silver and I have some time off, I can finally start playing that.

Im also playing some Age of Kings, and Diablo 2 on the side. 2 Great games, the first one especially that I remember playing fondly somewhat competitively 8 years ago or more.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #3305 (permalink)

I borrowed Darksiders and managed to beat it just before it was due back - I wasn't quite prepared for how long it was. Initially, I dismissed it as just another third person action game and I hated the 90s comic book mixed with manga art style.

Once I got into it, I realised that it's much more open - you're always discovering, exploring and unlocking something. It's essentially Zelda in HD through a heavy metal filter - a magpie game with few new ideas - but it's done so well and so openly that it ends up feeling like a mashup of and a tribute to every game the developers love and their enthusiasm is infectious.

Darksiders won me over and I'd even recommend it to Zelda fans. I'll probably buy a sequel but I still hate that art style.

Quote:
Bought Sacrifice on the always reliable Steam. Heard great things about it. I'll see.
It's a great game, part of that period where Interplay were putting out fantastic weird shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamousBiGD View Post
Playing Super Metroid (SNES). Back to the classic and still it's in my top 10 games of all time.
It's in my list too, achieves so much with so little.

Quote:
I was alking about Steam. But the argument works even better with peggle. It has been the monkey on my back for all this time. Now i'm playing the great master challenges. And i know i'll still be doing it after i finished those....

Plant Vs Zombies is awesome but doesnt have the addictive quality of peggle, at least for me. What's a popcap game that is equally compulsive as peggle? Zuma? Chuzzle? Bejeweled, Bookworm?
The closest addiction-wise they've put out is Bejeweled but it doesn't have the satisfaction that Peggle does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donalbain View Post
Since I was finally able to pick up my preorder of Pokèmon Soul Silver and I have some time off, I can finally start playing that.

Im also playing some Age of Kings, and Diablo 2 on the side. 2 Great games, the first one especially that I remember playing fondly somewhat competitively 8 years ago or more.
Have you tried Torchlight? It's like single player Diablo without the annoying bits and with lots of nice touches. Made by some of the same guys too.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #3306 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you tried Torchlight? It's like single player Diablo without the annoying bits and with lots of nice touches. Made by some of the same guys too.
Yes I have. It was alot of fun, a friend of mine has the full game, and I played the demo. I tried it a couple times. I had alot of fun.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #3307 (permalink)

I seem to remember buying Sacrifice and Giants: Citizen Kabuto on the same day and enjoying them both. They had proper old school bigger-than-the-bible cardboard cases too. Aww...
Old 03-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #3308 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How is Giants Citizen Kabuto? It attracted my attention on GOG...
Old 03-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #3309 (permalink)

Gog.com are offering Sanitarium and The Longest Journey for half price this weekend. Great games, ask Junk.

Quote:
How is Giants Citizen Kabuto? It attracted my attention on GOG...
It's mental, hilarious and brilliant - former Shiny employees during Interplay's high point.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #3310 (permalink)

World of Goo is half price on Impluse (£6.54 or ten bucks). Terrific, charming puzzle game that everyone should play.