Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #3381 (permalink)

Haze and RE 5 PS3
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #3382 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
What's putting you off?
I'm not really enjoying the game play.
I can't even pin point it really, but something about *zap* *clunk* zap* *clunk*, go to this room *zap* *clunk* *shoot*...it's a little boring...

The game concept is interesting, and the suspense is fun...but I dunno playing feels a bit dull.

I'm gonna play it a few more times, but at the moment I'm not really a fan.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:18 AM   #3383 (permalink)

Battlefield, Bad Company 2.
Fucking havok helis are fucking giving me a fucking hard time. WTF?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #3384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I'm not really enjoying the game play.
I can't even pin point it really, but something about *zap* *clunk* zap* *clunk*, go to this room *zap* *clunk* *shoot*...it's a little boring...

The game concept is interesting, and the suspense is fun...but I dunno playing feels a bit dull.

I'm gonna play it a few more times, but at the moment I'm not really a fan.
Ah you mean the combat, only one plasmid so far? It gets a lot of fun when you're deciding which plasmids and tonics to use and combining them in new ways and switching between weapons and ammo types. Of course, the main draw of Bioshock is the atmosphere, the intelligent story that's organically delivered and Rapture itself but the sheer amount of variables in the combat makes it fun.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #3385 (permalink)

Man, I have been so disinterested in gaming lately for some reason. I keep playing shit like MW2 and a few others, but absolutely nothing is keeping my attention right now. Maybe because every damn game I play has some sort of shooting in it? I kind of feel like I need something new, but I can't figure out what that would be. I've kinda been in the mood to check out FFXIII, but I do NOT want to play that on 360. I am looking forward to the new Splinter Cell, but again, more shooting. Is it just a crutch of games to feature shooting shit so prominently? Anyone got any unique suggestions, popcap and pc games aside?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #3386 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
Man, I have been so disinterested in gaming lately for some reason. I keep playing shit like MW2 and a few others, but absolutely nothing is keeping my attention right now. Maybe because every damn game I play has some sort of shooting in it? I kind of feel like I need something new, but I can't figure out what that would be. I've kinda been in the mood to check out FFXIII, but I do NOT want to play that on 360. I am looking forward to the new Splinter Cell, but again, more shooting. Is it just a crutch of games to feature shooting shit so prominently? Anyone got any unique suggestions, popcap and pc games aside?
Chime.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #3387 (permalink)

anyone with $38 and interest in a bc2 4 pack?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #3388 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
You sound like a guy on the verge of becoming disilusioned with gaming - and rightly so, in my opinion. If I get you right, you want a 360 game that doesn't prominantly feature shooting and is at least good? Wow. I'm gunna have to take a few minutes here...

Ok, I enjoyed Braid. It was short, but pretty cool. Standardman is right, Chime is good. If you like that, Luminus might be a good bet - my gf fucking loves that game. I dunno man, maybe give Dragon Age a try?

Maybe going back to the likes of Roller Coaster Tycoon or Sim City would do some good? Oooo, maybe even one of the Kings Quest iterations?

Go Canada!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #3389 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Played a bit of Metro 2033. The game is nice enough. Nothing groundbreaking but good. Technically speaking, if you have a pc, check it before you buy it, 'cause it has a tiny bit of the "Crysis" syndrome. Meaning that it will look awesome if your computer is godzilla, and it will be quite lame if you have an average pc. Also if you dont have an nvidia card you might have a couple of issues starting it up. I dont seem to be able to implement dx11... Heh.

In a case of impulse buying i got Just Cause 2. Damn you steam. Again.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #3390 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Played a bit of Metro 2033. The game is nice enough. Nothing groundbreaking but good. Technically speaking, if you have a pc, check it before you buy it, 'cause it has a tiny bit of the "Crysis" syndrome. Meaning that it will look awesome if your computer is godzilla, and it will be quite lame if you have an average pc. Also if you dont have an nvidia card you might have a couple of issues starting it up. I dont seem to be able to implement dx11... Heh.

In a case of impulse buying i got Just Cause 2. Damn you steam. Again.
I didn't think the Nvidia cards supported DX11 yet?
I have an ATI and threw in an old 8800GT for Physx. Works pretty good.

In Metro I found a lot of really annoying scripted spots where you just get destroyed by a group of creatures that respawn and block your path, and you're somehow supposed to know you should have left via a certain route/staircase/window. It's really frustrating and I don't think I've seen a scripting problem like that in a game before. Not fun.