Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #4511 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZHippo View Post
Not sure about Medal of Honor - I know DICE is doing the multiplayer which is exciting as I am a big fan of the Bad Company games but from the videos they released it looks like they are trying to be more like Call of Duty which puts me off a bit. Probably will try it out a bit later when it's cheaper.

Bad Company Vietnam will be my next first person shooter I think.
It's very much like BC2 to be honest, except when you gain experience you unlock weapon add-ons that you can swap and change.

I haven't played COD multiplayer though, just BC2 so I can't properly compare.

I'm looking forward to Vietnam, hopefully it won't be too pricey.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #4512 (permalink)

I can't stop playing Minecraft....right now my current world is pissing me off though....I can't find anything other than coal and reddust... red dust is so useless....okay I made a compass....you have no more use for me, stop showing up everywhere I mine!!

I want steel and diamonds!!

I have an underwater tunnel system that goes from a cave (where I mine) to an island (where I grow wheat and trees) and I'm starting to build two more mining sites to connect to the tunnels.

I wish there were a sort of market system, so I can get something for my excess amounts of red dust and cobblestone...lol.

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #4513 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I can't stop playing Minecraft....right now my current world is pissing me off though....I can't find anything other than coal and reddust... red dust is so useless....okay I made a compass....you have no more use for me, stop showing up everywhere I mine!!

I have an underwater tunnel system that goes from a cave (where I mine) to an island (where I grow wheat and trees) and I'm starting to build two more mining sites to connect to the tunnels.

I wish there were a sort of market system, so I can get something for my excess amounts of red dust and cobblestone...lol.
You should build shit with your cobblestone. I was really proud of that bridge, for example. The multiplayer server I'm on has a pretty huge network of underground tunnels and such now. It's a lot of fun, but I haven't played in a few days.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #4514 (permalink)

sonofa
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #4515 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
You should build shit with your cobblestone. I was really proud of that bridge, for example. The multiplayer server I'm on has a pretty huge network of underground tunnels and such now. It's a lot of fun, but I haven't played in a few days.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I have a two story fortress (made of cobblestone) at the center of this underwater tunnel system...elevated about 10-15 spaces above ground. (It's basically floating in air, except for a vertical ladder that goes up to it.)
Old 10-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #4516 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post

I'm more annoyed with the excessive gravel and dirt I end up with when I'm mining! I tried just creating a sort of dump for it all but after a while my game started freezing up because there was too much stuff in one area haha

Isn't red dust used for things like the redstone circuits? I'm still trying to come up with awesome reasons to make use of those...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I think there's some Jimmy from South Park in there, too.
Hahaha that's very true. But hey Jimmy was a playa... so this guy is probably gettin' all the nerdy Electrical Engineering chicks with his massive circuit.

Last edited by Sheepy; 10-05-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #4517 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
Isn't red dust used for things like the redstone circuits? I'm still trying to come up with awesome reasons to make use of those...
It's tricky to come up with anything actually useful, especially since things have limited range. I wanted to set up a flasher circuit to light up the towers on my bridge (y'know, so aircraft could avoid it), but it was too far away from the shore to be practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
Hahaha that's very true. But hey Jimmy was a playa... so this guy is probably gettin' all the nerdy Electrical Engineering chicks with his massive circuit.
I've been to a tech college before. There are no girls.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:19 AM   #4518 (permalink)

playing the moh beta... problem with it is that its made by DICE, who are great, but they never seem to solve the glitches...
i still have no ping showing, so its basically bf2 with some new skins and stuff.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #4519 (permalink)

Guys, the KATG Steam group is back Who's up for test driving the new Left 4 Dead 2 content this weekend?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #4520 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Guys, the KATG Steam group is back Who's up for test driving the new Left 4 Dead 2 content this weekend?
It's really short. Even dying once on each campaign (The Sacrifice, and re-made No Mercy) I plowed through in like an hour last night.