Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #5081 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I wasn't really that bored with the story, it had some good moments. The end of that flower-picking mission and the horse guy were notable.
There are some good parts in the side missions, like those two, but the core storyline is pretty pointless and has a grinding pacing to it.

Their serious storytelling is pretty forgettable. I can recall tons of funny lines from Vice City and San Andreas, but I can barely tell you the fuck happened in GTA4 despite having played all of it.

Really all Red Dead comes down to is there were a bunch of assholes who were assholes to each other and most of them died, which is just about every previous Rockstar game, but this time there's nothing funny about it. Now I am earnestly doing the dirty work of forgettable douches who are going to off each other as soon as I've done enough busywork to artificially lengthen the playtime of the game.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #5082 (permalink)

Just an update: Infamous 2 is the shit. Nothing suprising but solid and improved from the first.

Also, I bought Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. It sucked. Online play is not bad though if you don't mind extremely limited variety of weapons.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:45 AM   #5083 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Pretty well addicted to Civilization V at this point... "Just... one... more... turn..."

Old 08-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #5084 (permalink)

On RDR: The missions are pretty repetitive but I think it is still worth checking out. The Undead Redemption expansion (which you can get separately and play) was pretty neat.

I just finished Dragon Age Origins and working through all the DLC (Awakenings, etc) and I was super pleased with the story although it dragged on at points. Bioware does a pretty decent job with branching storyline.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #5085 (permalink)

Just started playing Red Faction Armageddon - never played the modern Red Faction games before. It can be quite fun, the destruction/construction aspect is pretty cool and there is some interesting weapons and upgrades. Can't help but feel that without the destruction it would probably just be a fairly average 3rd person shooter. Very linear levels too but can't complain too much as won the game from an online competition.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #5086 (permalink)

I got the game of the year edition of Borderlands. This game is pure fun. The extras are awesome.
The only negative thing I can say is that it's kind of easy, but then again I'm still a fairly low level. It's comical and cartoonish, but with the engine of a sickass shooter.
If Duke Nukem and Fallout had a love child that was adopted by a first person shooter, this would be it.
Really really enjoying this game. And Borderlands 2 is coming out soon I believe.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #5087 (permalink)

Borderlands is one of those games I have been meaning to try for ages but still haven't got round to it. So is it more about combat like a shooter or exploring/collecting like an RPG? Tis very cheap these days so will definately get it eventually. I think the second one is coming out next year.

I have finally got a copy of God of War Collection on PS3. Having a blast playing through the first two games again which hold up very well except for the cut scenes which still seem to running in PS2 resolution! Am excited to finally be able to play the third game once I am finished with these two.

Just an update to Red Faction Armageddon, I found a weapon called Mr Toots which is your player holding a small unicorn with its arse toward the enemy. When you fire he squeezes the unicorn and it farts beams of light and rainbows. Amazing considering this game has a fairly serious tone throughout - love finding random bonuses like this in games.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #5088 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
I got the game of the year edition of Borderlands. This game is pure fun. The extras are awesome.
The only negative thing I can say is that it's kind of easy, but then again I'm still a fairly low level. It's comical and cartoonish, but with the engine of a sickass shooter.
If Duke Nukem and Fallout had a love child that was adopted by a first person shooter, this would be it.
Really really enjoying this game. And Borderlands 2 is coming out soon I believe.
Borderlands was my favorite game of 2010! Once you beat it, play the secret armory of general knoxx dlc (By now it will be quite hard but not un-beatable) . The Zombie dlc and Claptrap dlc are ok, the other one is only good to store your guns someplace if you even want to.

B2 will not be out until fall 2012, hopefully Bioshock Infinite will by then as well
Old 08-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #5089 (permalink)

I recently bought a PS3 off a friend, and I started playing a couple of games on there. Shooters I reserve for PC, but I'm playing Catherine, which is pretty awesome, and today I picked up Little Big Planet 2. Over 5 million user created levels? Well then...
Old 08-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #5090 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Borderlands SALE

Just read through the last page or so of this thread and saw some borderland chat. The "Game of the Year" edition is on sale on steam right now for $7.50. I'm d/l it as I type. I played it a little bit last year and thought it was fun but quit early on to play other things. Now a buddy of mine is getting it and I think it would be awesome to play with a friend.

Just a heads-up.