Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Is Sarah Palin Retarded?
Sarah Palin is a fucking retard 115 63.89%
Sarah Palin acts retarded but she doesn't look it 21 11.67%
Sarah Palin is slightly retarded, the rest is just for attention 27 15.00%
Sarah Palin is NOT retarded and as a retard I find this poll offensive 3 1.67%
I read all the options, where's the one that says she's a retard, I want that one 14 7.78%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
...That's not a sign of stupidity. If she's stupid than how do you define her uber-fans?
It's not really a sign of anything other than she and a publishing company both knew a book deal would make money. She has supporters because ANYBODY given the spotlight will gain supporters. Some more than others, and her uber-fans are uber fucking stupid and/or completely deluding themselves because they cannot admit that somebody who represents their party is a retard. (And when I say retard I of course mean stupid, not down syndrome.)

My brother for example is a die-hard Republican, and that's completely fine with me. He was/is an avid support of President Bush and that's okay (even though I definitely didn't like the guy). It's sad though that he won't admit Palin is a retard. He doesn't even support her at all, didn't even like her as a VP choice...but he won't admit she is stupid, won't admit anything at all about her other than "she was a bad choice for VP".

Quote:
She's pulling the same "simple folk" that W. pulled. That dude was being called a retard too, yet he got elected twice and some people still consider him the best president that the USA ever had.
Look, I used to say Bush was retarded too, but in all honesty, he's really just a terrible public speaker, a bit of a simpleton compared to his father and other Presidents, and very narrow-visioned. He has his vision/ideas and unless you're agreeing with him, he doesn't really see what you're saying. That's not always a bad thing for a president...he was a go-getter, I'll give him props for that...but unfortunately I didn't agree with the things he was go-getting...
anyway...compared to Palin, Bush is a fucking Einstein. Bush is stupid, in the way you mean it when you think somebody is a bit of a fuckup, but he's not stupid in the sense that, I'm sure he could help middle school students with their homework.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #22 (permalink)

Oh and by the way...I got Bill Hick's first comedy album, listened to it this morning as I was getting ready for class and having breakfast.

LOVED IT.

PS. lols at the cultural references...listening to him talk about how George Michaels is "a fucking girl" is hilarious (:
Old 02-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #23 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If you watch the docu "Journeys with George", the darker side of Bush comes out. He was rude but knew how to make look that simpleton frat boy charm into something appealing for people. Of couyrse if he had to face a man like Obama who just edxudes intelligence and magnetism (and i say this behind my political voiews. he is charismatic, even the most hard assed republican cannot deny that), he would be smnashed.

But he wasnt so different from Palin to me. Yes she says a lot of ridculous things, but so did Bush. And as long as there are people out there who believe in ann Coulter, a smug, right wing, foul mouthed, bigoted woman will always have fans.

Note on Hicks: gotcha. I am unhealthily linked to Hicks, i have to admit it. But his first albums were just fuckin' funny. Besides his whole spiritual/philosophical persona (and, man, do i miss someone like him in this age of condescending cinicism) he was just a great comedian. The jokes were great (and still make me laugh after a thousand listenings) and his delivery, that texan drawl. Wow. See the videos too if you can. He had a presence and a physicality to die for.

"I'll, tell you my view on the political debate. Some people say 'i think the puppet on the left shares my beliefs' others 'i think the puppet on the right is more to my liking'. But wait! There's the same guy holding both puppets! Go back to bed America, your goverment is under control. You are free to do as we tell you." - Bill Hicks.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

If it came down to Palin actually getting the nomination from the GOP, I don't see her chances lasting too long after the first debate. I think thats how Bush got elected twice, the first was admittadly close, but I could see it. He would have lost the second had he not been up against Captain Boring and the Buzzkill Brigade. I say, if she does get that far, we reinstate the old Lincoln Douglas rules with counter arguments and cross examination and see how long a Harvard law professor needs to make a hockey mom with moxie argue against herself and curl up into the fetal position on live television.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #25 (permalink)

No that's megan fox.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoav View Post
anyone can be a talking head, the question is whether or not she's retarded.
She's not retarded. McCain moved a rock and found a running mate. How does someone who thinks having a view of a foreign country count as foreign policy? It's ill-educated, but not retarded. She's sheltered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
She ran for Vice President.

In the end, she's smarter than anyone on this website.
She didn't run, she was the running mate. If she ran, we would be able to vote on whether or not she would be vice-president absent of McCain's vote for president.

I just wanted to leave the last sentence for the fun of the irony.

Quote:
Anyway, i simply think that Palin might be not excepètionally sophisticated, cultured or bright, but she published a book and people are buying it. She has supporters that ssee her as a hweroine. That's not a sign of stupidity. If she's stupid than how do you define her uber-fans?
Twilight is the easiest example that anyone can publish a book and convince a lot of people it's literary gold. How do you know how many people bought/read the book as a goof? Keith claims he has the "disease" of having to watch the entire terrible movie series, even though he knows it will suck. I'm sure people out there have the same disease for books. I thought Palin's book was going to come with crayons, but when I saw it at Costco, I thought about it for a milli-second.

Quote:
She's pulling the same "simple folk" that W. pulled. That dude was being called a retard too, yet he got elected twice and some people still consider him the best president that the USA ever had.
Having a good campaign and being a good president are not the same. What did Bush do in his presidency to define his legacy, other than keeping morale up post-9/11? He won the elections because he targeted the bible belt, convincing them it was God's will that he be there. And in 2004, Kerry was just not a strong enough candidate to convince us that he was better than another 4 years of Bush.

"best president USA ever had"? According to who?

Quote:
There are no stupid people in politics, but there's a 90% majority of stupid voters and supporters.
Ha! That makes me LOL. Politics is about partisan influence in policy making. Anyone with the right money can make it into office, and with the right spin, can have a career of it. Being in Italy, I don't know how much of American politics you follow, but the health care debates, where Republicans don't care what the bills are about because the Democrats are presenting them, and vice versa, are a good example of stupidity in politics. Nothing gets done because they're too stupid to see past egos and affiliations and focus on issues.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
Twilight is the easiest example that anyone can publish a book and convince a lot of people it's literary gold. How do you know how many people bought/read the book as a goof? .
Less than what you think. There's worse people out there that wrote worse books but people bought them, and not for a goof. You dont spend money for a goof. Especially on a book about politics. I actually talked to people that said that she's charming, and they wanted to hear what she had to say.

Quote:

"best president USA ever had"? According to who?.
The people who re-elected him for the second term are probably still convinced that he did a good job. A loit of people actually say so. And if you bring up 9/11 (and that get always brought up). There's still a great number of people who think he acted like a tough man under a terrible pressure and he did his best. Dont underestimate the power of dumbness. As long as a political figure doesnt commit mass murder, he always will have supporters, no matter how incompetent he is.

Quote:
Ha! That makes me LOL. Politics is about partisan influence in policy making. Anyone with the right money can make it into office, and with the right spin, can have a career of it.
Being in Italy i follow politics like a person who lives in a country where a condemned criminal with ties to organized crime and a record as a sex offender has been elected twice. Libertards love to whine how corruption rules the elections, but in the end money and the ties help but how people perceive you is what gets things straight. And people are easily pleased. If you promise jobs, tax cuts and smile a lot they will follow you.

In the end i dont think Palin is a genius, but she's definitely not retarded or stupid, simply because stupidity has a simplicity that she doesnt have.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Do you want to discuss Palin seriously, or just jerk each other off?
Can't we do both? Ooh, at the same time?
Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
Can't we do both? Ooh, at the same time?

Insert A Sarah palin discussion, too.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #30 (permalink)

She does her crib notes like a middle-schooler when giving a speech. I like her notes though "Energy, cut tax, lift american spirit". That's a lot to remember. That's like 6 words.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sp1.jpg (84.0 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg sp2.jpg (217.4 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg sp3.jpg (139.1 KB, 106 views)